January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Does anyone think we will sign anyone over the next 6 days. Genuine question.

I'm not feeling like we will, and I seem to have resigned myself to that. I still think we have a chance of pulling out of relegation though now that some players like Vlaar are back and N'Zogbia seems to have started performing. Hopefully KEA might return and stop being shit? Morocco will be out of the ACN by Sunday if they don't beat South Africa, I think. 

"All will be ok don't worry everyone, we're not going to sign anyone, but we scored 2 goals in the first half vs the Baggies so we are going to be fine." Brian Doogan, head of media at Villa. That is pretty much what he said on BBC WM. He forgot we conceded 2 goals in the second half and nearly lost the game in the end...

Only could the end of Doogan but he was talking bollocks for sure

Franks on wm said they are trying hard to line up Faulkner and or Lerner for an interview over the next week

Watch this space, see if they have the balls to talk to fans

Franks on wm said they are trying hard to line up Faulkner and or Lerner for an interview over the next week

Lerner? They've got more chance of interviewing Lord Lucan.

Dont know. The noises from the club at the start of the window were rather bullish. Lambert will be backed, Lambert himself saying he had money, Holman talking up some reinforcements coming. Then it changed, very rapidly and quickly towards mid month and it became mute until now we have noises about no signings at all.

I do wonder what happened. I do not buy into this BS that we are somehow this secret agent club that conducts its business in private. We leak as much as anyone else.

My hunch is all those leads, Stephens, Countinhio the French midfielder that signed for newcastle. All were real. They just took better offers or turned us down. I think the club were shocked with no backups. Hence the rabbit in the headlights look from everyone at the club.

We'll probably need to sell first CI as Hutton and Warnock out on loans won't be enough to convince the powers that be to invest.

I am patiently waiting for an offer for Bent, probably from Newcastle, but i don't see that coming until much closer to the deadline for reasons which i have already stated.

Edited by Morpheus

If we were to sell bent then I expect we have two other players ligned up that will make a difference in this team. No **** way are we gonna sell him without getting something else, they really can`t do that. They really can`t......

IF we did get Diame then it's Luke Young all over again ,refuse a player then buy him a season or in this case half a season later for more 

Player like Diame should of been looked at in Summer

Many sleeps have passed 'Nabby' since old Morph suggested the same when Diame was available but i believe wages may have been the issue then and unfortunately will be again unless there is a change of heart or a player sale.

Edited by Morpheus

If we were to sell bent then I expect we have two other players ligned up that will make a difference in this team. No **** way are we gonna sell him without getting something else, they really can`t do that. They really can`t......

We sold Milner and replaced him with Ireland lol

Hmmm perhaps ciggybeers is correct and nobody will come. We aren't paying the wages are we. Lambert is probably afraid to sign anymore lower league players as he'd be slaughtered

CI he won't sign anyone unless he feels they are going to have a direct impact on the team and if the funding isn't available to do that then we are where we are.

CI he won't sign anyone unless he feels they are going to have a direct impact on the team and if the funding isn't available to do that then we are where we are.

Yeah understand Morpheus

Listening to Doogan earlier was scary. He was trying to suggest there wasn't much wrong, just needed a tweak here and there

Yeah understand Morpheus

Listening to Doogan earlier was scary. He was trying to suggest there wasn't much wrong, just needed a tweak here and there

Didn't hear the broadcast but agree we need more than was stated.