January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Alou Diarra is fed up with West Ham and want's to leave. Any takers?

It's a good shout in that he is the right sort of player, although I'm really not sure he's up to it any more. Struggled in a Marseille midfield that even Joey Barton manages to look good in now and hasn't managed much at Wet Spam. If a short term deal could be done for a reasonable price, and he can convince the manager that he wants to give it a really good crack, then might be worth a punt.

Newcastle buying another frenchman, how surprising! I'm starting to think that they'll actually go down as they're buying far too many players who aren't used to this league from liegue1 which isn't exactly the best league in the world. The only team I'm worried about around us is Soton, they've bought wisely and seem to have found the gas pedal. Hopefully they'll suffer from the new manager tho.

Newcastle buying another frenchman, how surprising! I'm starting to think that they'll actually go down as they're buying far too many players who aren't used to this league from liegue1 which isn't exactly the best league in the world. The only team I'm worried about around us is Soton, they've bought wisely and seem to have found the gas pedal. Hopefully they'll suffer from the new manager tho.

Great prospect that they're signing, cheap wages from the French league too - although as was said on SSN the other day, if you keep going to the well..

Anyhow

Would people take the rumoured £13m offer from Newcastle for Bent IF Lerner allowed the money to be reinvested in new players

It's a toughie as potentially we are selling to a relegation rival but on the other hand Bent isn't doing a lot for us about now and 2 or 3 new players might work better for us

Yep. But no player excahnges unless we initiate them

Would people take the rumoured £13m offer from Newcastle for Bent IF Lerner allowed the money to be reinvested in new players

What a shame it's one or the other - if we had a decent midfield, Bent would come into his own. But if I had to choose, yes I'd let Bent go at this stage

Having £13million to spend wouldn't affect our stance on getting wages down. I think if you're seriously thinking we're in for Sissoko you are going to be sorely disappointed at the end of the window.

Agreed - Sissoko alone would be a £20m+ investment including wages. Not happening

What a shame it's one or the other - if we had a decent midfield, Bent would come into his own. But if I had to choose, yes I'd let Bent go at this stage

Why would you let Bent go? If we're not going to buy anyone this window, as you confirmed, then the extra money in Randy's pocket won't help us.

The lack of anything even semi-firm in terms of transfers. Nobody knows anything. The fact we're well in to the brown stuff should mean we're working hard on this... yet there are no leaks what so ever.

The word last week was firm that we were signing no-one. Not even bargain basement buys.

A couple of midfield additions would transform our season - why can't RL see that?

Why would you let Bent go? If we're not going to buy anyone this window, as you confirmed, then the extra money in Randy's pocket won't help us.

Snow day again?

The question was would you let Bent go if the money would be invested back in the team - under those circumstances my answer was yes

Expecting Mazrim to chime in with his words of wisdom shortly

It would basically be Bent's wages being spent on Sissoko instead with about £10m cash to spare if they only want £3m for him then?

I agree and if it was me I would spend the money on a top-notch DCM but I just feel that RL's primary goal is cutting wages. I think he wants to reset the finances and take all of the 40k+ guys off the books - a massive gamble with our future

I agree and if it was me I would spend the money on a top-notch DCM but I just feel that RL's primary goal is cutting wages. I think he wants to reset the finances and take all of the 40k+ guys off the books - a massive gamble with our future

Woah.... hang on there.... I thought you were ITK?

Or maybe you've just been fibbing you little scamp. :rolleyes:

"The word last week was firm that we were signing no-one."

:rolleyes: Whose words were those?

That's what I heard last week? Why are you finding it so hard to understand? What are you seeing that makes you think that we will be splashing out?

Woah.... hang on there.... I thought you were ITK?

Or maybe you've just been fibbing you little scamp. :rolleyes:

I see we have the full Brains Trust today

This is what I heard :

At the start of last week - Sissoko wanted £3.5m and 75k a week and we wouldn't be progressing

Friday morning - Told no cash for any purchases at all

Friday afternoon - That position had been clarified and that maybe a bargain buy or a loan deal could be sanctioned but Lambert only wanted players who would go straight into the first team and so would not be sigining anyone

When I am guessing I put "I think" so that you understand that that is my opinion.

I reckon Bent and for that matter Dunne will play their parts this season. Just like Zog is starting to do (hopefully).

Lots of the big teams do that with their players. Look at Rosicky last season - he was all but ignored for the first half of the season and then brought in and was one of their best players for the second half.

I think Lambert knows Benteke could and probably will run out of steam at some stage and he'll need Bent to come in.

This is what I heard :

At the start of last week - Sissoko wanted £3.5m and 75k a week and we wouldn't be progressing

Friday afternoon - That position had been clarified and that maybe a bargain buy or a loan deal could be sanctioned but Lambert only wanted players who would go straight into the first team and so would not be sigining anyone

When I am guessing I put "I think" so that you understand that that is my opinion.

So anyone that doesn't fawn after your every word is either thick or a school kid? :crylaugh:

Pathetic. Just like you're supposed "inside information" which changes more than the sheets in a brothel.

You haven't heard shit. Like 90% of the other attention seeking little fucktards that take a wild stab in the dark about a reasonably well known "transfer" you then get narky when your supposed "information" is challenged.

Don't feel the need to respond. It won't be seen.

This is what I heard :

Do you think Lambert would say in press "Yeah, we're looking to sign players on high salaries and high transfer fees"? We have no idea what they are planning and what are the budgets, we can only guess. I can see why Lerner and Faulkner could be very hesistant of paying another 45-70k salary per week for a player when you look at the track record our managers have had with them.

The fee and salary have to be right for the quality of the player, no point buying player with high fee and/or salary if they are average, and the later we leave the buying in the window, the better deals we can get when players and teams get more anxious of getting rid of them.

That's what I heard last week? Why are you finding it so hard to understand? What are you seeing that makes you think that we will be splashing out?

I dont know if we're buying anybody, nor have I used the term "splashing out". I dont have a crystal ball and transfer windows are silly and anything can happen.

What I do know is that there is money to spend. Absolutely 100%, no doubt about it.

A few fellows pretending to be clued up said there was nothing to spend and they're wrong. That's it.

Some people may or may not recall but when I hear things from a certain place, it's cast iron. I'd put good money on it.

I've give a few things out in the past (like Solksjaer - and got my wrists slapped for it) but that's not showing off, just a fact. Some people know I'm legit and that's all I care about.

I wouldn't say anything except I dont want this place descending into chaos based on bullshit rumours and scaremongering.