January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

until august, were still a premier league club, it would be nice to think that we could attract most players as were in the 3rd best league in the world

notice how i said, would be nice to think, lol

I really would like us to give a call to a certain Swedish CB. We need a leader in the back right now because that defense is a mess. So disorganized.

Overall, it is bleeding obvious we need at least 1 striker, 2 midfielders, and 2 defenders.

Edited by LockStockVilla

we need some experience in defence and midfield and I dont mean having to splash huge wages on crap like Titus Bramble or Steve Sidwell that a former manager would have dont but is experienced players out there who wouldnt be expensive but add to the team.

not that be guaranteed to join but e.g Hoolahan or even somebody like Aaron Hughes would add a lot to our current team without buying some crap mercenaries

I think priority one is a solid, reliable CB, even if it breaks the bank. Lambert should have bought at least two in the summer as it stood, but only bought Vlaar. If we get an experienced, level head in that back line, it can free up Herd and later Clark to be used as midfield spoilers. Granted they are not very good options, but lack of investment has left us at a stage where none of our options can possibly be 'very good'.

Then we need to supplement that with another solid buy in midfield. How is Frimpong doing at Charlton, anyone know? Also a winger or two.

Of course, all that's assuming Lambert is the man to be spending this money... :unsure:

were more likely to sign aaron lescott over joleon lescott

i wouldnt mind seeing a midfield of...

_____________kvist_____________

____huddlestone ___westwood____

holman__________________nzogbia

Edited by AndyBM

Huth is one of the main CBs at a club that is better than us - why would he want to come join a relegation scrap at Villa?

It's going to be a major struggle to bring anyone in as we are currently in free fall. We also are not paying the money that we once would have to lure players in. We also do not have any funds to spend according to what Lambert is saying so might as well forget about this window.

It may pay actually to give some of the big earners free transfers. Sure you may lose a fee (not much anyway) but a least you free up space n the budget for better players.

Hutton, given, warnock, Nzogbia and Ireland just give them all free transfers.

It may pay actually to give some of the big earners free transfers. Sure you may lose a fee (not much anyway) but a least you free up space n the budget for better players.

Hutton, given, warnock, Nzogbia and Ireland just give them all free transfers.

Oh, so wages are now a problem again?

I thought it was now all under control and that Lambert hadn't spent all his money and then some.

Oh, so wages are now a problem again?

I thought it was now all under control and that Lambert hadn't spent all his money and then some.

Who said anything about wages not being a problem? We know they are a problem - look at where we are!!!

No to bring in better quality

Well he didn't manage it with £25million at his disposal over the summer. And he left a lot of it to the last minute. Doing the same this time would give three months to stay up. By then the damage will be done.

Well he didn't manage it with £25million at his disposal over the summer. And he left a lot of it to the last minute. Doing the same this time would give three months to stay up. By then the damage will be done.

Too be honest I think he did an ok job in the summer and the majority of his signings have been amongst the better performers. Vlaar (when fit), Benteke, Lowton and Westwood have not done much wrong. The problem seems to be the existing players at Villa with some real lazy high earners and some sub standard youth.

Based on the signings I am more than happy to give him another window to replace some of the existing guff left over from previous managers.