Long ball

joshharris12

Clearly the way we played was a conscious decision from Lambert, It didnt work out, we learn we move on. It wasnt good enough, and I was dissapointed we didnt play in a similar style to that of the Swansea game but we all knew, or should, that this would be a tough season but its about progression.

Bent and Benteke can play together. You cant write them off after one poor performance using what turned out to be an incorrect style of play

Just goes to show how fragile it all is.

There is always a tendency to go long... when a big man is up front, even John Carew complained about getting the ball in the air when he wanted it on the deck.

oh well, we knew it wasn't going to be fixed in 5 minutes, just a shame the opposition wasn't Man U or equivalent.

Long ball football are the trademark tactics of a poor manager and a team that is incapable of playing football the way it should be played.

I never want to see it used by Villa other than once in a while as an opportunity during a game rather than the norm from the outset. It is boring, dull and so 'Sunday Pub Side'.

Long ball football are the trademark tactics of a poor manager and a team that is incapable of playing football the way it should be played.

I never want to see it used by Villa other than once in a while as an opportunity during a game rather than the norm from the outset. It is boring, dull and so 'Sunday Pub Side'.

ditto

weve been playing long ball sine graham taylor, it wont change

we've been playing long ball football since there has been littel/modest investment in midfield.

Aston Villa have always been able to find money for Centre halves and centre forwards but little else.

Until we get midfielders that con dominate in midfield the move away from long ball might be difficult.

just hoping Lambert can change it by developing our own " midfielders"

fingers crossed.

I wrote it in the matchthread when we were playing, after 5 minutes we'd dumped the ball 2 times high to Benteke, just because a player is tall doesn't mean we should hoof.

Get the ball down on the deck, push forward on the wings and put in flat crosses in headheight or on the deck, that's what Benteke and Bent needs, and what we've been lacking since Young and Downing.

Â