Next Gen Series 2012/2013

mikeyp102

Not sure if Southampton have won much but they've produced Wayne bridge, Theo Wallcott and Gareth Bale. To me that's more impressive than winning a youth tournament.

Walcott and Bale were both trashed by their fans until about a year ago.

And that means what?

Interesting hearing the two guys on the Aston Villa review podcast this week. I think a lot of fans would agree.

You are jumping to conclusions too early about players like Weimann, Clark, Bannan, Gardner etc being shit.

The only one of them I've said is shit is bannan.

I actually haven't jumped to any conclusion about any of the youth players.

So once again you're posting garbage.

Why mentioned Walcott and Bale then?

Walcott and Bale never "made it" at Southampton. One went to Arsenal, the other Tottenham.

On this logic we can take the credit for Gary Cahill, even though we sold him on before he made it here.

Luke Moore scored another goal for Swansea this weekend.

Of course we can take the credit for Gary Cahill. We couldn't we? For all MON's poor signings I think selling him to Bolton to bring in Curtis Davies for twice the price was one of his most heinous crimes.

Of course we can take the credit for Gary Cahill. We couldn't we? For all MON's poor signings I think selling him to Bolton to bring in Curtis Davies for twice the price was one of his most heinous crimes.

Earlier BJ10 was saying it only counts as a success for the academy if they make it in the Villa first team. They are a failure if they make it elsewhere - except if they are Walcott and Bale from Southampton's academy.

Maintaining a consistent argument is not what BJ10 is doing at present... IMO.

Earlier BJ10 was saying it only counts as a success for the academy if they make it in the Villa first team. They are a failure if they make it elsewhere - except if they are Walcott and Bale from Southampton's academy.

I'd be happy if I could work out how to block him. 

No the issue is you can't read or understand things properly.

Where have I stated we can't take credit for Cahill? I think you'll find I've mentioned about how we've produced one very good players. Of course we get credit for Cahill.

You really do seem to struggle don't you. I'm starting to now think this whole bannan defence isn't just a joke for your own personal amusement.

Worrying really.

I'd be happy if I could work out how to block him.
Come on.

Someone who can use logic as well as you should be able to figure it out.

Haha

And couldn't you PM a mod or does it make you feel better to publicly state you want to block a stranger on the Internet?

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Just asking but shouldn't this thread be locked now that the NextGen is finished for this season?

And to finish up these arguments that keep going around in circles.

Ghost,

I did request from Admin on Friday that this thread be locked.

• Like 1

“He’s right! We should celebrate it, but our job is to provide players for the first team,” explains Burns.

“If you’ve done well in the NextGen all it means is you’ve been in a fortunate position to win a few games. The Premier League is still a million miles away.”

Quote from the assistant academy director Steve Burns.

I'm sure there was one poster on here who seemed to say similar things to the assistant academy director at Aston Villa football club.

I'm fairly sure everybody has you on ignore.

Besides from you of course stefan haha :D

You must have some sort of alarm that let's you know every time BJ10 posts in a thread how fast you reply xD

I'm on this too much. I normally go back and forward between here and off topic so I can see who replies straight away.

And I do have him on ignore, I just press 'view' when I want a laugh ;)

You must have some sort of alarm that let's you know every time BJ10 posts in a thread how fast you reply xD

I'm on this too much. I normally go back and forward between here and off topic so I can see who replies straight away.

And I do have him on ignore, I just press 'view' when I want a laugh ;)

Haha

Yeah I'd laugh if I kicked up a major fuss and then then the assistant academy director agreed with the person who I claimed was wrong.

What a laugh that must be.

Haha

He loves it.

He just won't admit how much he enjoys debating with me.

I'm sorry that you are such a sad individual that you have to get your kicks demeaning other users on an internet forum and demeaning the achievements of young players of our proud football club. I bet you're a hit at family parties.

Yours,

Stefan

BJ10 has just had his point of view backed by the club's assistant academy director and you resort to personal insults as your only answer rather than admitting you've been wrong to slate him.

I bet you've never been invited to a family party.

• Like 1

BJ10 has just had his point of view backed by the club's assistant academy director and you resort to personal insults as your only answer rather than admitting you've been wrong to slate him.

I bet you've never been invited to a family party.

What the youth manager said has nothing to do with what people have been having a go at BJ10 for. 

THe youth manager isn't going to come out and say "Fantastic, the kids have made it! Hard work over" is he?! The kids still did well. BJ10 still made himself look like a bit silly, and he's one of two people who seem to be doing that the last few days. And the other one is.........

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 2

Â