Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Rob182

good half. out swansea'd swansea for spells, then withheld a bit of sustained pressure near the end of the half. couldve had another, but they couldve had one too

a clean sheet here will be a great achievement i think, another goal could prove essential if we can get one

who are our subs?

Decent half. We're working hard and Swansea look dangerous so 1-0 is something to be proud of so far. The one problem, and it's a big one, is we're not seeing enough of the ball. KEA is having a quieter game than I've seen from him before and Bannan is just a non-entity. Holman is busy but clumsy. Maybe we don't need any immediate changes but if it goes on like this for say 10 minutes past HT then definitely take off Bannan for someone. For anyone, really.

I like what I see.

Hard work from all the players, closing down and making a passing Swansea make mistake after mistake.

Some nice passes from our midfield and front line.

Solid defence, and we pass it out of defence instead of hoofing.

I like the beginning of the Lambert revolution.

And Guzan is our number one!

1-0 - surely the most foreboding half time score possible for a Villa fan?

I guess we shall see what corners have been turned.

I reckon Holman's been our best player. Ireland's been a bit crap but our midfield gives it away far too much as a whole for my liking.

not bad, full backs need to watch the ball in behind closely,

marking needs to be tighter at set pieces and quicker to breaking balls from these,

Forwards need to show for it more and Ireland needs to get on ball more...

1 nil though,

happy

having watched the highlights we defo need to get Ireland on ball more, i see he's been involved in most of our efforts on goal in some way, Was involved in winning corner before goal, took two players with him for his pass back to full back to make space for holman effort and nice interplay for Weimann chance.... more of this please

A good half. We retained the ball well in certain spells and have been working really hard and denying Swansea the time and space they need to be effective. I'd like to see Westwood come on for Bannan early in the half as he hasn't been effective.

1-0 - surely the most foreboding half time score possible for a Villa fan?

I guess we shall see what corners have been turned.

I reckon Holman's been our best player. Ireland's been a bit crap but our midfield gives it away far too much as a whole for my liking.

Holman the biggest culprit for giving it away IMO

Pretty patchy performance, some good things and some bad things. I think we need another goal as we certainly dont look like keeping a clean sheet.

Our lack of quality really shows at times and I still think our lack of width kills us especially going forward.

The game really is on a knife edge, if we score next we can win it, if Swansea get an early goal I think they can win it.

I think I would take off Wiemann, Holman and Bannan after 15/20 mins of the second half, hopefully we can an early second half goal to calm everyone down a bit, Swansea looka bit dodgy at the back especially Williams and I think Gabbys pace could undo them