Ashley Westwood

Nabby

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember highlighting Jedinak's hopeless inability to find teammates with his passes when we signed him. He's done exactly as I expected in this department, ie very badly. Fortunately what I'm starting to see more of is what else he brings to the team. 

Gardner is, I agree, quite vexing to watch. 

Yeah Jedinak's passing is horrendous which I've always expected but I see what else he brings to the team to mitigate that. His positioning for one, is usually excellent and he seems a good leader. But in conjunction with Gardner today it was just infuriating.

• Like 1

Still prefer GG over Westwood. GG has passion when he plays.. and always good for a goal here and there.. a a thunderbolt in a game isnt too far away if he plays regularly. Westwood.. well theres nothing positive. Other than that.. i cant split them. Both not good enough

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Our record without Westwood proves that he should be nowhere near the team regardless of the other useless midfielders at our disposal.

It is really no joke to say at this stage he would struggle in League 1

22 minutes ago, KSV said:

Still prefer GG over Westwood. GG has passion when he plays.. and always good for a goal here and there.. a a thunderbolt in a game isnt too far away if he plays regularly. Westwood.. well theres nothing positive. Other than that.. i cant split them. Both not good enough

I think Westwood is crap, but he is better than Gardner. Gardner has done absolutely nothing to show he is any better than Westwood, and he's done a hell of a lot more wrong.

I can understand why people are more "sick" of Westwood because he's been in the team longer. But seriously, Gardner has been, imo, worse than Westwood this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

he's done a hell of a lot more wrong.

A hell of a lot more wrong? I don't think so. Off the top of my head Westwood was responsible for goals at Preston and at home to Cardiff. 

Both are poor but to make out Westwood has been better than Gardner is just clutching at straws imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

A hell of a lot more wrong? I don't think so. Off the top of my head Westwood was responsible for goals at Preston and at home to Cardiff. 

Both are poor but to make out Westwood has been better than Gardner is just clutching at straws imo. 

Hardly clutching at straws.

I said he's been crap. But Gardner has been worse. I get it, he's a youth player and he's not Ashley Westwood so he gets a bit more leeway at this stage. But he's been terrible.

It says a lot about our midfield that those are the two choices at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I get it, he's a youth player and he's not Ashley Westwood so he gets a bit more leeway at this stage. But he's been terrible.

Nothing to get? 

The fact he is a youth player has nothing to do with it. I often speak about how pathetic and overated I think our youth players have been/are.

As for not being Ashley Westwood.... see the Jordan amavi thread, the elphick thread, the gabby thread etc.

My opinion of Ashley Westwood has nothing to do with him being Ashley Westwood. It has everything to do with him being shite 

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Nothing to get? 

The fact he is a youth player has nothing to do with it. I often speak about how pathetic and overated I think our youth players have been/are.

As for not being Ashley Westwood.... see the Jordan amavi thread, the elphick thread, the gabby thread etc.

My opinion of Ashley Westwood has nothing to do with him being Ashley Westwood. It has everything to do with him being shite 

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about people's opinion of him in general.

Don't worry, I'm well aware you hate all of our players

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about people's opinion of him in general.

Might want to make that clear in your post then.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Don't worry, I'm well aware you hate all of our players

Untrue. In fact I don't 'hate' any of them. So in fact you are woefully unaware.

On 12/13/2016 at 22:25, villadodo said:

I'm just going to let the stats do the talking here.

Championship games Westwood has started...

Played 15
Won 2
Drawn 8
Lost 5
Points 14
Points per game 0.93

Championship games Westwood hasn't started...

Played 6
Won 4
Drawn 2
Lost 0
Points 14
Points per game 2.33

This is not even taking into account that we scored an equaliser after he came off in the 85th minute against Newcastle. And that we let conceded an equaliser after he came on against Barnsley.

Based on points per game if we had played all 21 games without Westwood we would be top of the table (48.93 points). If we played every game with Westwood we would be in the relegation zone (18.93) points.

Division one player.

Just watching Spoty last night and taking in the training and dedication of some of these Olympians.

They earn a small proportion of the monies that football players attract.

Is it too much to ask, that when they are struggling, that they apply themselves to the training regime and work their way through their demise.

I see our players constantly lose out in duels/ challenges....I see the line up in the tunnel and look at some inferior stature wise.....some look puny.

Is it too much to expect an improvement in definition to help with some of these problems.

it strikes me they have the dedication of a meter reader( no disrespect to meter readers)

if I was in their shoes I would prepare my self so I wouldn't get shoved around, I know it's not just physique, but it helps.i would be working morning, noon & night to put myself about.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1