Ashley Westwood

Nabby

9 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Crazy post.

I'm sorry but to say he played a big role in keeping us up is a joke. As soon as he became the most senior player in the midfield we went down in our poorest season.

He was carried by Delph no question. 

A truly terrible player. Some of us have seen it since day 1. And we're equally amazed that there are still people who don't see it.

In my opinion, he's still a good player for this football club, he's been at the club for 4 years now. In 12/13, he was outstanding, he adds a calming influence to the midfield in my opinion. I still rate him, at the end of 12/13, he could've jumped ship but he showed loyalty and I'll always respect him for that

25 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Crazy post.

I'm sorry but to say he played a big role in keeping us up is a joke. As soon as he became the most senior player in the midfield we went down in our poorest season.

He was carried by Delph no question. 

A truly terrible player. Some of us have seen it since day 1. And we're equally amazed that there are still people who don't see it.

You thought he was shit from day one?

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Not from day one it wasn't. He showed some decent ability during the start of his time here.

Yes he hasn't really pushed on from that but he was not shit from day one.

I thought he was poor from day 1 bar a few games near the end of his first season. 

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

He was embarrassing last night. There's no defending him at all. 

Good piece this, sums it up quite nicely.

Thats up there with Gabbys 8 touches in one half of football ridicule. We were never going to win with 2 passengers. My wife asked me before the match.. why i looked so doom and gloom before it begun. I told Bruce was starting with 9 men. 

Wasnt wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Lets be honest though, you think most things 'Villa' are poor.

Or at least it seems that way.

Well. That's an opinion that's probably come about over the last 5/6 years. The fact we've gone from 6th in the prem to 13th in the championship pretty much confirms to me that more things are poor than good imo.

I don't think things are poor in some weird villa vendetta way. I think they are poor because they actually are and there is very little to prove otherwise really given the last half decade.

• Like 1

Find it hard to knock Westwood. It's not his fault that the club hasn't replaced him, and he remains our 2nd best midfielder - even though he is poor imo.

Showed 37 times last year, when others were at Janet Jackson concerts in Dubai, playing chewing gum games from the bench, getting drunk, tweeting super cars, saying they're going to a champs league club, or being too over weight to play. 

Never hear a pipe out of him, a true pro, who always shows. Shame it'll never be good enough to where we want to be.

Now we have an actual manager in Bruce, I wouldn't expect to see Westwood near the 1st 11 come Jan. He cost us 780k from League 1 Crewe FFS. Can't believe we employed a manager and gave him  40m to spend and he wasn't replaced.

UTV

Edited by philgetaway

53 minutes ago, DK82 said:

I see he didn't have many touches of the ball? He probably didn't want to get booed. Or going by the obsession of some he might worry about his safety if he gave it away.

So he's a coward or he's shit. Neither is really impressive. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Not from day one it wasn't. He showed some decent ability during the start of his time here.

Yes he hasn't really pushed on from that but he was not shit from day one.

He was awful on day 1. His debut against Southampton was terrible. 

• Like 1