Moldova v England & England v Ukraine World Cup qualifyi

andykeenan

Easy win against vastly inferior opposition, but we have played well in patches. Felt we eased up a bit too much for the first 20 minutes of the second half though, got complacent and played some sloppy passes.

Yeah 15 minute period between 1st and 2nd goals we were a bit sloppy and then again in the 2nd half as you said. But we've done what we went there to do and can't really complain about that with lots of first teamers out.

Job done.

I've decided not to go Tuesday to the Ukraine game. I really can't build up any sort of energy to watch England anymore.

Also Wembley is a bitch to get away from and I have a busy day Wednesday.

Felt we eased up a bit too much for the first 20 minutes of the second half though, got complacent and played some sloppy passes.

It's hard to stay motivated to give 100% when you're 3-0 up and majorly outplaying your opposition. Better to ease off a bit and keep some fitness and avoid injuries.

Fair play to Moldova though, they kept trying through the whole game. Knew they were massively outgunned but didn't roll over and kept on trying to get forward. You can sort of see why they haven't scored for over a year though. What they had in effort and work rate they certainly didn't have in quality.

i still dont think sterling has played as well as redmond did for blues at the start of last season, just another red top "world class player"

saw shearer today claiming that cleverly is the missing link and could have won uitd the title last year and improved us at the euros, i really dont see it IMO he's bang average at best

Sterling looks like he's going to be great, but it seems a bit stupid to call up players who've barely kicked a ball in the Premier League.

It's more a case of stopping a potential Jamaica call up further down the line. Smart move really.

Lampard is still a class act.

Never really got the hate for him.

@The Steve, if that's the case, then yeah good move.

Nor me mate, one of the best goal scoring midfielders of is generation. Cracking player.

While we're doing this, I'll jump in and say it never felt right to me to hear Lampard tarred with the 'over-the-hill, overrated' brush, or with people saying he was a bad egg for Chelsea or England. He was a massive goalscoring force for Chelsea even while AVB seemed like he wasn't too keen on him. His mannerisms have always reminded me of a couple of cockney football-obsessed kids I used to know back in school, guys who might seem like mouthy wide boys but mostly just wanted to keep their heads down and kick a ball around.

And while Clark gives out about not getting into the Ireland squad, England are calling up Raheem Sterling. A player with 1 month's senior football under his belt. England caps are thrown around like smarties these days. I think it's slightly ridiculous that he's in the senior England squad. If he's already better than most England players after 1 month's football then that's some indictment on the rest of them.

Â