Joe Bennett

Si.

IMHO Bennett is a better fullback than Stevens, who can;t beat a man, can't cross a ball and tackles with his wrong leg all the time.

Bennett is worst footballer I have ever seen in 26 years of watching Villa. Thats how bad Bennett is, he was also shit at Boro

Edited by KHV

If we do not buy a LB during the window we have to persevere with one of Bennett,Lichaj and Stevens. I think Bennett has more potential and skill of the three and I would go with him

If he does not buy another left back then warnock should play.

There is no chance of recalling Warnock, the bridges have been burnt. So if we do sign another LB, that will be 4 on the wage bill.

Warnock was bad last year, I can't believe Lambert paid £3.5m for someone worse than warnock. How on earth can u spend that kind of money and end up with a worse full back than warnock ffs !

Warnock was bad last year, I can't believe Lambert paid £3.5m for someone worse than warnock. How on earth can u spend that kind of money and end up with a worse full back than warnock ffs !

I think Warnock was decent in the MON days, but since Houllier destroyed his confidence, he's been very poor. Spending £3.5m of our budget on Bennett when there were positions that needed more attention was a poor decision.

Edited by DCJonah

I think Warnock was decent in the MON days, but since Houllier destroyed his confidence, he's been very poor. Spending £3.5m of our budget on Bennett when there were positions that needed more attention was a poor decision.

quite right. should have got a midfielder. and not a lower league westwood type signing either

Well now we know Bennett's better than Enda, shocking performance today, out of position so often he needed a SatNav.

am sure the test will be in 2nd leg as if the world class league 2 player Zavon Hines rips Stevens apart we know they are on same level

IMHO Bennett is a better fullback than Stevens, who can;t beat a man, can't cross a ball and tackles with his wrong leg all the time.

Bennett is hardly Gareth Bale himself as rarely beats a man or crosses well

We didn’t spend £3.5 on him. It was more like £2.5 million

Yes I've seen every game they've both played in and Stevens is nowhere near as good a footballer as Bennett.

I think we need to give the lad a chance. As I see it part of the problem is the lack of cover he has in front of him and he is playing in a very weak back four. Personally I think he will come good.

But as ever VT needs a scapegoat and Bennett's name is in the frame it seems. Just to be controversial Beneteke could not hit a barn door yesterday and that's not the first time so how long before he becomes the next figure of hate?

Bennet is at most a £500.000 player atm, the rest of the money we payed is for potential and because he's english.

With the apparantly very limited funds this was a massive waste of money that was needed elsewhere

Bennett's performance against League Two Bradford City was far, far worse than Enda Stevens' performance against Southampton.

Nothing Bennett has done so far, starting from when he came on away at Southampton, has led me to believe he will ever become an established Premier League player. He can't tackle, he dives in, his turn of pace is too slow for a full-back, he shows a lack of intelligence in his play, his positioning is awful, he is far too weak, and generally I cannot see anything in him sadly to be positive about.

I know several Boro fans who say the replacement they bought for Bennett is far better and they can't quite believe we paid them money to have him. I tend to agree with them at the moment.

Being from Middlesbrough, i've know all about Bennett since he broke into the team at Boro.

My mates could not believe their luck when we were linked with him! They told me from day one how shit he is. They believe that selling him and buying George Friend for 100k is one of their best deals in history. Says it all really!

I really don't know what level he is ever going to be good at. It's certainly not the PL.

Yes it is a bit of a worry that most Boro fans were laughing all the way to the bank with this sale. The fans of the previous club usually have a pretty good idea about a player.

He hasn't looked like a permier league fullback in any matches I have seen him play.

Â