Speculation: Dale Stephens (Charlton Athletic)

packoman

I have no problem what-so-ever with the players that Lambert has chosen to buy thus far, it's the players that we already had at the club that have let us down.

The more signings, the merrier.

I'm sure he will create the chances in the Premier League for Bent.

Perhaps we're preparing for next season by getting players who have experience in the Championship.

Well he won't have to be very good to improve on the number of chances Ireland, Delph, Bannan, Gardner, etc have created for him in their time for us.

You think we should only buy premier league players then? We did that for years, and look where that got us. It's the opposite of what we should be doing.

So many players from the lower leagues end up doing well in the Premier League, as people above have noted. Lambert's signings have all looked pretty positive so far for me, any player he decides to sign will get my full support.

Well he won't have to be very good to improve on the number of chances Ireland, Delph, Bannan, Gardner, etc have created for him in their time for us.

I think even Steve Sidwell has managed more than that with the throw in to Milner a few years ago :mrgreen:

You think we should only buy premier league players then? We did that for years, and look where that got us. It's the opposite of what we should be doing.

Top six consistently.

Top six consistently.

Laursen, Barry, Carew, Mellberg, Ash, Petrov got us top 6. How many of those did we buy from the Prem.

Ashley Young was a premiership player when we bought him.

People keep saying he came from the lower leagues for some reason :?

True, bet he'd only played in the PL for half a season when we signed him. Still had shown that he could make it, so your point is still valid.

There have been many players that made the step up quite easy, but more that didn't make it, I guess. But if we sign him I won't write him off before he's kicked a ball for us. So far I trust Lambert.

Top six consistently.

Laursen, Barry, Carew, Mellberg, Ash, Petrov got us top 6. How many of those did we buy from the Prem.

Fair point. And the majority of them were already established players, in their prime and playing regularly for their country. Barry wasn't but spent some time in our reserves/youth which unfortunately we can't afford to do anymore and Ashley was a highly rated youngster who we paid a lot of money for and when he initially struggled we were in the position to be able to take him out of the firing line. I don't think we'd be in such a position to do that now. Or pay the £9million for him.