Richard Dunne

Zatman

Chris Heard isn't tall enough to play CB in my opinion.
I wouldn't put him there normally, but I think he's a decent player to call upon if needed. He may not have the height but he's by far the best jumper in the team.

At 5'8 he is too short to play CB unless it is an absolute emergency in my view, if he comes up against someone like Carroll, Adebayor or Fellaini (there are plenty of others) he would get destroyed no matter how good he is at getting in the air.

He isn't a CB in my view and shouldn't be used as such.

Fabio Cannavaro was only 5'9, so height isn't always important as a cb...obviously not saying Herd is anything like Cannavaro just saying :D

For what it's worth I agree Herd's position is not cb

Fabio Cannavaro was only 5'9, so height isn't always important as a cb...obviously not saying Herd is anything like Cannavaro just saying :D

For what it's worth I agree Herd's position is not cb

No it isn't always crucial but in the Premier League I think it is.

As for Cannavaro he is very much an exception.

I wouldn't put him there normally, but I think he's a decent player to call upon if needed. He may not have the height but he's by far the best jumper in the team.

Better than Makoun's?

:D

At 5'8 he is too short to play CB unless it is an absolute emergency in my view, if he comes up against someone like Carroll, Adebayor or Fellaini (there are plenty of others) he would get destroyed no matter how good he is at getting in the air.

He isn't a CB in my view and shouldn't be used as such.

I think that listing is out of date. Looks at least 5'10 IMO. Not that that's tall for a CB nor do I think he should be played there, just saying that he'd be a decent auxiliary CB.

have I dreamt this Celtic link? I think I must have :/ could've sworn Celtic were interested in him a while back.

It may have been 2009 :)

Don't recall a link....

I can't find anything on Google either. Must have been a dream.

Word is that Villa are going after the FAI for compensation on Dunne's injury and subsequent treatment as they feel he wasn't looked after properly and cared for when he got injured during the Euro's. This could really screw the FAI over as they are completely smashed for cash at the moment.... Alot of it is to do with his retirement as well.

This could really screw the FAI over as they are completely smashed for cash at the moment.... Alot of it is to do with his retirement as well.

apparently getting 9 million for the German game am sure that could cover the costs ;)

Thank you for that.

Hopefully they reignite their interest in him.

Although that'd mean we'd have no premiership experienced central defenders.

True. but his wages off the wage bill would be a massive plus tbh. Maybe his wages could go towards Milners. :lol:

I do rate Dunne as most of the time he gives 110% and has the best defensive brain in the team, when he is using it!

the trouble is, he gambles a lot on tackles that if he doesn't get right end up as penalties or sendings off, we only remember the negatives about him and Collins and forget when both were very consistent under MON.

even Warnock did well once.

Thank you for that.

Hopefully they reignite their interest in him.

Although that'd mean we'd have no premiership experienced central defenders.

True. but his wages off the wage bill would be a massive plus tbh. Maybe his wages could go towards Milners. :lol:

Maybe, just maybe :lol:

the FAI claim Villa were kept fully up to speed with the 32-year-old's condition during the event and they agreed with his treatment.

"Richard Dunne received the highest level of medical care during his time with the Republic of Ireland team," an FAI statement read.

"All of the medical treatment he received was carried out in full and regular contact, and with the full consent and agreement of, the Aston Villa medical team and so we are very surprised by these suggestions."

the trouble is, he gambles a lot on tackles that if he doesn't get right end up as penalties or sendings off, we only remember the negatives about him and Collins and forget when both were very consistent under MON.

He gets them wrong because his concentration and reading of the game are poor and he ends up diving in trying to correct his own errors. So much for his football brain.

He is a liability and has been for the last 2 seasons, the form under O'Neill was a very long time ago now and even then it didn't last the full season.

Â