Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I've decided, if Wigan beat Arsenal and Norwich, Newcastle Sunderland an Southampton win today, I'm just going to accept that we're not meant to stay up.

If you'd told me about 3 months go that before the end of the season we would win 5 out of 9 games, beating all of our rivals (comfortably), scoring over 12 goals, only losing to Man Yoo, Chelsea and Liverpool, I'd have called you mad. To have done all that and still not been safe is as mad as us having such a terrible run of games at Christmas and still not being bottom of the league.

We don't deserve to go down this year, but Wigan seem to have a lot of luck...

If McManaman had been sent off against Newcastle, so much might have been different!

For what it's worth, I now think we'll beat Wigan, but, if they overcome Arsenal, you've just got to accept that fate probably isn't on your side

Fate. And possibly more important - for all the good he's done the manager has also assembled a horrific defence that had he sorted out we wouldn't be in this mess.

Well, if you fancy gambling a couple of quid on the Gods being against us, bet on Newcastle to beat QPR, Sunderland to beat Southampton, Norwich to beat West Brom and Wigan to beat Arsenal - paying 146/1 on Bet365.

£5 on that lot and your season ticket is paid for, if the worst happens!

I've decided, if Wigan beat Arsenal and Norwich, Newcastle Sunderland an Southampton win today, I'm just going to accept that we're not meant to stay up.

As Sunderland and Southampton play each other it's not possible for all those teams to win. 

We're fine. Arsenal are probably the worst team to play after a cup final as they play keep ball and Wigan won't have enough possession of the ball to influence the game. Yesterday's victory for Wigan was partly due to Man City lacking any urgency or pace in their play. 

Arsenal have pace going forward so I'd back them to get the point we need to be safe. 

I'm still backing Zog to send Wigan down next sunday.

I don't know what would be better for us:

Stoke beat Spurs at the Britannia today, making Arsenal want to seize the opportunity against Wiga

Or 

Stoke lose to Spurs today, making the game against Wigan a must win for Arsenal to stay in contention, but adding more pressure to the game. 

You have to be realistic, Wembley is a hell of a big pitch, Wigan put alot of effort into the game, they play a team 3 days yes 3 days later who pass the ball for fun, Wigan will be ok first half but be ripped apart as they tire second half, yes desire, high spirits and effort go along way but you can not beat the law of physics, they are not super human, they will be tired, if Arsenal turn up as they should and god does not intervene then there is only one result likely. even if Wigan get something then they play us 5 days later again a team with high tempo and passing ability, I would rather be in our shoes.

I'll be near suicidal if Wigan win Tuesday.

I just hold out faith that surely, surely one of

Southampton (Sunderland, Stoke)

Sunderland (Southampton, Spurs)

Norwich (West Brom, Man City)

and Newcastle (QPR, Arsenal)

will lose both of their remaining games... Surely? 

Well I think today has proved one thing. Anything can happen in football. People who are guaranteeing our safety such as SetfanAVFC are naive imo.  Wigan can beat Arsenal. Yes, it's unlikely, but to claim we're 100% safe when we're not is just plain stupid. 

But we are  :D

If you'd told me about 3 months go that before the end of the season we would win 5 out of 9 games, beating all of our rivals (comfortably), scoring over 12 goals, only losing to Man Yoo, Chelsea and Liverpool, I'd have called you mad. To have done all that and still not been safe is as mad as us having such a terrible run of games at Christmas and still not being bottom of the league.

We don't deserve to go down this year, but Wigan seem to have a lot of luck...

If McManaman had been sent off against Newcastle, so much might have been different!

For what it's worth, I now think we'll beat Wigan, but, if they overcome Arsenal, you've just got to accept that fate probably isn't on your side

Put a bet on that accumulator. Would be a nice earner for you.

'If' must be the most overused word on this forum.

Arsenal have only scored 2 in their last 4 PL games !

Jeebus

And have only conceded 1 which was against the league champs in the same games!

Arsenal are the form team in the league and have a lot to play for. If there was a team I would want Wigan to be playing it would be Arsenal at home.

Sunderland play Spurs away on the last day of the season.

Norwich play Man City away on the last day of the season.

Newcastle play Arsenal at home on the last day of the season.

If one or more of these teams lose today then that should be us safe regardless of what happens on Tuesday, or next Sunday.

UTV

I'll be near suicidal if Wigan win Tuesday.

I just hold out faith that surely, surely one of

Southampton (Sunderland, Stoke)

Sunderland (Southampton, Spurs)

Norwich (West Brom, Man City)

and Newcastle (QPR, Arsenal)

will lose both of their remaining games... Surely?

All of those teams will win today except Southampton - but they will win next Sunday instead.

Wigan will win on Tuesday and then beat us 2-0 at their place meaning we go down. It's clear for all to see....

Like so many have already said, nothing has really changed. Chelsea was really a bonus game, and regardless of whether we got anything out of it or not, the performance that the lads produced was fantastic. For long periods of the game, we outplayed a team that is now 3rd in the table, which was something we definitely couldn't say at Christmas. We can certainly outplay a Wigan team that are a) going to be completely knackered next week and just about scraped a goal from a corner in the final minutes against a 10 man City team that had been awful the entire game. We've lost Benteke for it, which is a blow, but we've had games where he's been pretty much absent and we've still gone through to win thanks to an in-form Agbonlahor and a remarkably hard working Weimann. If our midfield works as hard as they did yesterday, and we have Lowton back, then we can sneak a win even if we don't have to.

Edited by JoshVilla