Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

So after taking the lead again we have remained consistent and thrown away more points today. I'm pretty fed up of this season now but the fact that it could still go down to the last game makes it even more irritating.

I was really hoping for this thread to be locked today but no, we're still in with a chance of going down. Some huge games tomorrow and mid-week. And no Benteke for what could be our biggest game of the season should Wigan somehow win at the Emirates on Tuesday.

Well, I expected a loss to Chelsea, but I hate losing from a winning position, especially when they were down to 10 men. Makes it so much more annoying. That and being the team to give Lampard his record, typical.

At least it keeps the pressure on Arsenal to beat Wigan for us. They don't even need to beat them, just keep them to a draw and we can be safe by Tuesday night. Fingers crossed.

We are not mathematically safe. Until then I will refrain from celebration.

The world isn't black or white bud

True that. Again though, we are all going to be watching the Wigan Arsenal game nervously. 

Deserved something from the game today. I thought we were by far the better team. Just hope we don't need to pick up a result on the last day because we will struggle without Benteke.

Has our luck run out?

Championship it is then...

Don't be daft. You can't tell me you seriously expected us to beat Chelsea?

We're still more likely to stay up than go down at this point.

Edited by Ginko

I dont like it that there are only 2 games to go and we are STILL not safe.

Please Paul can we get the points we need before the end of the term next season ?

been the same the last two seasons though

Not really under Houllier. We had a bad run over Christmas and moved down to equal 17th but then signed Bent in Jan and moved up the table finishing 9th.

and yet went into the 37th game not safe

Even if they do, even if they then beat us, there are other teams in the mix. Norwich don't look like winning their last two matches.

I'm not saying we're definitely safe, but there sure is some doom-mongering going on here.

Just have a sneaky feeling Wigan are going to win

Arsenal would have to put in one of the worst performances ever for that to happen. Watched the whole of the Swansea Wigan game and Wigan were awful defensively. Actually made us look like we had a clue at times.

Well nothing has changed really, wigan had to beat arsenal and they still need too. If they do were down imo, going there with no benteke? Absolutely shitting it.

Yes it was the expected result today. Nothing has changed.