Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Just a saying BOF.

But making them statements I assumed he was on about poor defences within the league aswell as players like Gary Caldwell. I'd rather him in my squad than Titus Bramble was kinda the point I was getting at...

I want Wigan to go down because of their small fan base.

Who do we want to come up via the play offs? Brighton. Palace, Leicester or Watford?

The rumour doing the rounds is that Mon may well return to Leicester though I think that would be highly unfair on Nigel Pearson should he get them promoted.

Personally I hope it is Watford because I don't rate Zola & after this season's relegation nightmare they can at least be the new Reading.

Can't stand Holloway but do like Poyet at Brighton.

To say 9th is meaningless .. it isnt accurate .. it would be even when we were shit .. we just been once out of the top ten recently ..

In the context of this season - where relegation has been a significant possibility for weeks\Months - finishing 9th - or 14th is meaningless.

I certainly wouldn't be wishing wigan had equalised last night (as you implied a couple of posts back)- as that would help us get 9th place. I think you would be the only Villa fan in the country willing a wigan equaliser last night.

haha actually im not in the country .. But hopefully will be in the chelsea game ..

I actually were in the airplane last night and we took off after the first half .. And had a discussion with one the crew who support spurs .. He saw me wearing villa shirt and started discussion .. I told him we are in trouble if wigan won .. And i told him please smash sunderland ..

Anyways ..

I didnt know the scenario and a swansea winning pleased me a lot !

But before that i was aiming for a draw .. The only case it would make difference is if wigan had a draw with arsenal ..

Ofcourse safety is important .. But it wouldnt have changed a lot ..

Anyways you are right about safety .. But seeing our performance i really wanted top 10 spot which is still available ..

Given that we should basically always want Villa to win, and by as many goals as possible,

Not really ;)

Anyway, I don't really care who gets relegated at this stage, as long as it's not us. Wigan are a likable club in general, but I hate Dave Whelan.

Who do we want to come up via the play offs? Brighton. Palace, Leicester or Watford?

For reasons I can't explain, I have a disproportionate amount of Crystal Palace-supporting relatives and friends, so I'd like it to be them as I couldn't care less about the other lot.

Don't like that attitude.

My local pub team has probably got more fans...

That's hardly the point. I think it's good to see unfashionable small town clubs punching above their weight. I hate the "We're a big club so we deserve more respect" attitude.

I don't much like Wigan, and I won't be sorry if they go, but not for that reason.

Big-time charlies Newcastle on the other hand...

If they had loads of fans people would be saying it was only because they were jumping on the bandwagon. It doesn't matter how many fans a club has, at the end of the day fans are fans, and wanting them to go down because they have less than most is like United or Liverpool supporters saying they want Villa to go down because we can't fill our own stadium

Not sure what the obsession with seeing Newcastle relegated is. Surely they bring more to the league than a rugby club with 10k fans and a rent-a-kit stadium. It was the funny the first time of course, but apart from that I don't get it.

I don't care either way really, but I'm not really wishing relegation on any of them. Stoke play the worst football so probably they could go if not Wigan, but that might change if Pulis goes.

Not sure what the obsession with seeing Newcastle relegated is. Surely they bring more to the league than a rugby club with 10k fans and a rent-a-kit stadium. It was the funny the first time of course, but apart from that I don't get it.

I'd like to see Newcastle go down purely because they have some decent players  that I'd  like us to sign

To say 9th is meaningless .. it isnt accurate .. it would be even when we were shit .. we just been once out of the top ten recently ..

Some of us have a bet on a top half Villa finish! Don't rid of me of that!

That's hardly the point. I think it's good to see unfashionable small town clubs punching above their weight. I hate the "We're a big club so we deserve more respect" attitude.

I don't much like Wigan, and I won't be sorry if they go, but not for that reason.

Agree completely.

They don't have many fans because they're a small Rugby League Town with a terrible catchment are surrounded by a couple of huge clubs.

Not really their fault. It's not like they have millions of fans but none of them bother turning up.

• Like 1

Agree completely.

They don't have many fans because they're a small Rugby League Town with a terrible catchment are surrounded by a couple of huge clubs.

Not really their fault. It's not like they have millions of fans but none of them bother turning up.

I'd rather see a team like Leeds return to the PL. 

The rumour doing the rounds is that Mon may well return to Leicester though I think that would be highly unfair on Nigel Pearson should he get them promoted.

Personally I hope it is Watford because I don't rate Zola & after this season's relegation nightmare they can at least be the new Reading.

Can't stand Holloway but do like Poyet at Brighton.

We need 3 really shit teams to come up from the Championship so that we can survive again next season. We have 2 already so any of the shit that is in the Play Offs will do!