Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

If we could somehow scramble up to a 12-14th place finish that's quite a few more £m prize money you'd hope would go straight on top of Lamberts transfer budget for the summer

Sunderland play on Monday. If results go against them at the weekend it'll be interesting to see how they react, considering their most recent effort. Things like that (Sky schedules) can start to have an effect on a team at this stage.

Would you not say Newcastle are in more danger? Ok Sunderland had a shocker against us but the three previous games they have looked much better than they did under Oneill. Newcastle are in free-fall

Newcastle are in big trouble and have 3 tricky games albeit they may well beat QPR

Yes if they loose to West Ham there will be a lot of pressure on that QPR game.

Would you not say Newcastle are in more danger? Ok Sunderland had a shocker against us but the three previous games they have looked much better than they did under Oneill. Newcastle are in free-fall

If results go against Sunderland...

Yes of course Newcastle are currently in bigger danger. I was just pointing out that their Monday fixture might count against them.

40 will be enough. Even if Wigan beat that SOMEBODY down here won't. I guarantee it.

Tomorrow is our cup final. For real.

Yes I agree with you, so a win tomorrow and we're safe

Yes 40 will be enough I think. I'm confident enough to say that we look far more likely to stay up now than we did a month ago. However there are more twists and turns to come yet, as we have a good knack of completely **** things up after a great result.

Out of all the teams down here it now looks like Wigan will be the ones. I just think their luck has finally run out; they should have beaten Spurs really. The five point gap they have to make up, the fixture congestion they face, the cup final playing on their minds and a couple of really tough fixtures mean that their task is much harder than previous seasons. But, who knows? I know one thing, West Brom have nothing to play for and their fans will definitely want them to lose. Those sad **** would rather see us go down than win a trophy.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

Hmmm I think we may need 41 points . Especially if Wigan win at WBA tomorrow

I agree CI. If Wigan get a couple of wins and Sunderland and Newcastle get one win then it will still come down to the last game of the season.

Win and a draw against Norwich and Chelsea.

• Like 1

In the four 6 pointers in a row we've won what's really impressed me is how our heads don't drop when we go behind or get pegged back like on Monday. We could have folded against QPR, Reading, Stoke, Sunderland but we, um, go again every time. That's why I think we' ll be OK.

It all depends on Wigan. If they beat WBA and Swansea, which isn't beyond the realms, then they'll be on 38 with 2 games to go. Then it'll go the the final weekend. Hopefully WBA beat Wigan tomorrow then it'll be very tough for them, especially if we beat Norwich. I won't be relaxed until it is impossible for us to go down.

Wigan are down there because they're shit. They have a Cup Final to worry about and 5 games in 15 days overall. The last time they won a game against a none-relegation threatened team was early November. I tend to look at the worst, but they are a truly poor team and struggle to beat a team with quality. What're the chances they beat both, or even one of, Albion and Swansea? It's in our own hands and IMO the pressure is all on Norwich tomorrow. They're at home, in awful form and suddenly dragged back into a relegation battle We're in good form, playing with confidence and are away from home. Get the job done tomorrow!

Think we will beat Norwich like we did in the League Cup earlier in the season. Good news Turner is out, shame Bassong isn't out as well.

Was looking at the teams in the relegation battle (Newcastle, Sunderland, us, Wigan and Norwich) and think we have the most quality in our squad, considering players who are available to play.

Norwich: Bassong, Snodgrass

Newcastle: Cisse, Cabaye, Sissoko and Santon

Sunderland: Simon Mignolet  :D

Wigan: Kone

Villa: Benteke, Weimann, Guzan, Gabby and Lowton, maybe a slight bias :P

I reckon Wigan will join QPR and Reading in the Championship next season, reckon they will pick up 3 more points (win against Swansea, lose to Baggies and Arsenal) before they play us at the DW. We will pick up 3, meaning we are 5 points ahead of them before we go into that game. 

Edited by Avflife

Hmmm I think we may need 41 points . Especially if Wigan win at WBA tomorrow

I actually think 41 is exactly where AV will end up. Not a bad campaign, at the end of the day.

3 points better than last season isn't my idea of "not bad". Also, we've flirted with relegation most of the season and home crowds have actually been slightly down.

Let's not get too carried away.