Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Really not keen on our fans getting cocky about this weekend.

We were cocky after we beat Liverpool, we were cocky when we got Bradford in the semi final.

It's not good. This weekend will be a very hard game. Yes we beat them in the cup, but they will be up for revenge and to put one over on Lambert.

Can we get cocky once safe??

Agreed. Everything, for once, points towards a Villa win. This is worrying.

Except the bookies, apparently.

yeah one good win is great and all but PL even said.. forget it and onto the next one.

We are down the bottom for a reason. Saturday will be a tough game.

Norwich fans claiming that even Wes Hoolahan may have to play CB....

Seriously if we fail to win this game we need shooting 3 points is a must a point would be a disappointment

I just hope we put the chances we get away and it doesn't end up like the Fulham game opportunities missed which may bite us in the ass when we come to play Wigan last game of the season...

We were cocky after we beat Liverpool, we were cocky when we got Bradford in the semi final.

It's not good. This weekend will be a very hard game. Yes we beat them in the cup, but they will be up for revenge and to put one over on Lambert.

There's a difference between being cocky and being confident. I don't see anyone being cocky at all. But we're a team who are capable of scoring goals, and Norwich are struggling to score goals. With the added thought that two of their centre backs might be injured. I'm feeling confident.

There's a difference between being cocky and being confident. I don't see anyone being cocky at all. But we're a team who are capable of scoring goals, and Norwich are struggling to score goals. With the added thought that two of their centre backs might be injured. I'm feeling confident.

There is also a difference between being confident & over confident. Similar to how Mussolini prepared his troops for our showdown at VP monday night. I much prefer the softly softly approach.

It's alright for the fans to be as cocky as they want as long as the team isn't.

But being cocky has the ability to **** you up.

Edited by Oaks

I'm very confident we'll play well on Saturday, as for the result – not taking anything for granted. Feels like a draw to me.

I'm worryingly confident. We're clearly on the up. They'll be nervous after our 6-1. Lambert will be as motivated to beat them as they are to beat him. And we've already battered them this season in Carrow Road, back before we were this good. So Lambert has shown he has their number. I'd be fairly surprised and disappointed if Norwich manage to keep up with us on Saturday.

Yeah I don't think anyone is going into the Norwich game thinking it's going to be easy. It won't be, but, it's a great opportunity for us to pretty much be safe. Lambert wont let the players be over confident, I can't see the players going into this thinking it's going to be easy, in fact, i'm sure they will all be giving everything they have to secure safety. I don't see us putting in a performance like Sunderland did.

We've done exactly what we needed to do since the Newcastle game.  That was the lowest point for me.  Even though we played great 2nd half, i thought we were doomed. Taking out the top 4 sides our form looks like this since the newcastle game:

DWWWLWDW

We've beaten all the teams that are around us.  Also shows you how screwed we were considering we have put an astounding run together and yet still find ourselves just above the bottom 3.  Lets hope we do the job at Norwich and take the form into next season.  

Edited by omariqy

Anyone ever read James Nursey's articles in the mirror? Full of 'hear say' and 'I understands'. I doubt he knows what is going on! Also, he says the Sunderland game was the most important result for 3 years in this article.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-thrashing-sunderland-most-1865385

......But not a mention of which result from 3 years ago he is talking about.

Im worried that Iam not worried

I'm worried that your not worried! :P

It is quite worrying to note that a fan has become worried about another fan who is worried that he is not worried.

Now you have me worried too!

Lets face it - its a must win. 3 points gives us 40 and we are safe as houses - we can write of Chelsea and it would be lovely to go to Wigan already safe and spend an afternoon taking the piss.

We could concievable finish on 43 points which puts us firmly midtable despite the utter shite we served up over Christmas.

I'm going 2-1 Villa with Andi and Bentekkers to score and us to conceed our statutory goal once we've gone 1 up.

It is quite worrying to note that a fan has become worried about another fan who is worried that he is not worried.

So we are all worried, good sign, that leaves me unworried!

So we are all worried, good sign, that leaves me unworried!

Are you not worried that you are not worried as is the original poster?

That could be worrying if you are!

Lets face it - its a must win.

It actually isn't, thanks to the Sunderland result. It's a 'really nice if we win' or a 'safe if we do', but if worst was to come to worst, we still have Chelsea and Wigan. So technically it's not a must-win.

Lets face it - its a must win.

It actually isn't, thanks to the Sunderland result. It's a 'really nice if we win' or a 'safe if we do', but if worst was to come to worst, we still have Chelsea and Wigan. So technically it's not a must-win.

Well no its not technically a must win but in reality it would be better for all of us is we did.