Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

We have given our selves a chance. We must avoid a defeat against QPR to still have that chance. Personally im looking at the Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke and Wigan games for points after the QPR game. Three or for wins, and we are safe. I honestly think we are not mentally strong enough to do that though.

Edited by MagicMushroom

I have a sneaky feeling we will stay up. Not because we are good enough and deserve to but because the standard of the premier league is for some reason poorer than ever this season. A look at the champions league is a good example of that. It's hard to pin point what has happened but it's great to watch.

Latest Monte Carlo analysis (obligatory note that the previous analyses had us losing to Reading as the most likely result... I did have money on Reading (draw-no-bet))

QPR: 13% stay up, 16% 18th, 26% 19th, 45% 20th

Reading: 18% stay up, 18% 18th, 30% 19th, 33% 20th

Wigan: 44% stay up, 23% 18th, 20% 19th, 13% 20th

Villa: 55% stay up, 22% 18th, 16% 19th, 7% 20th

Southampton: 77% stay up, 14% 18th, 7% 19th, 2% 20th

Sunderland: 95% stay up, 4% 18th, 1% 19th

Norwich: 99% stay up, 1% 18th

Newcastle: 99% stay up, 1% 18th

4 wins and we'll be able to take our holidays immediately

Where do you see these 4 wins coming from?

I don't. The poster above said hopefully we'd get another 3 or 4. I think we'll get 3 and a few draws and be relatively safe come may

Pretty much been saying this all season: Baring in mind the form we have been on we have never lost touch or been cut adrift. Consider the whole season and then realise that whilst we are only 3 points off the bottom 3, we are only 6 points off 10th. Quite amazing really and maybe a sign that at times Ive underestimated our fighting spirit.

... we are only 3 points off the bottom 3, we are only 6 points off 10th.

Yes,  and if the toughest opponents are the top 9, Villa have the easiest run in of the bottom 8 teams..

Villa and QPR have 3 "tough" fixtures, and 2 of Villa's are at thome.

Most of the others have to play 4, Soton and Wigan have to play 5.

The qpr game alone will go some way to securing us, a win would put us 7 in front of them, reading play man utd, so we should go 7 above them and open up a gap to wigan

Edited by Jimzk5

We probably need another 10 points to be safe. We have 5 very winnable games (QPR, Fulham, Sunderland, Norwich, Wigan) 2 that we could take a point from (Liverpool h, Stoke a) and 2 that we can't expect anything from (Man U and Chelsea). 10 points from 17 realistically achievable points, it's going to be tight but I think we'll do it. The momentum seems to be just about going our way now. 

We'll stay up literally by the skin of our teeth due to Lambert now getting the best out of what he has but i sincerely hope we will be safe before the last game of the season against Wigan as the old ticker simply couldn't take it.

We probably need another 10 points to be safe. We have 5 very winnable games (QPR, Fulham, Sunderland, Norwich, Wigan) 2 that we could take a point from (Liverpool h, Stoke a) and 2 that we can't expect anything from (Man U and Chelsea). 10 points from 17 realistically achievable points, it's going to be tight but I think we'll do it. The momentum seems to be just about going our way now. 

if we're lucky, ManU will be champions by the time they face us and will have nothing to play for. That may give us a chance to get something, though it is still unlikely

if we're lucky, ManU will be champions by the time they face us and will have nothing to play for. That may give us a chance to get something, though it is still unlikely

We can hope. We may get something from either the Man U or Chelsea game, stranger things have happened! They're just not points you'd want to count on and anything we do get is a bonus. 

Would have helped had they still be in the CL.

Villa park really needs to be rocking next week. I think the crowd this year has found it hard to really get behind a lack lustre team and this has at times lead to quite a flat atmosphere the away team get comfortable with. We need a second half against Newcastle display from the players which will also get the '12th man' we so badly need. 3 points and the whole picture looks different.

I am glad and relieved that we beat Reading but I am not getting carried away. They are the only team out of the bottom lot that we'd managed to beat this season. Southampton did the double over us, we struggled to get the draw at QPR and Wigan made us look like relegation certainties. I'll be loads more positive if we beat QPR next week and other results go our way. But, even then, we would still have to worry about what Wigan and Southampton are doing as they are still the two teams most likely to be fighting with us.

We also need to bear in mind that a 4 point gap may be needed between us and Wigan by the time we play them on the last day of the season. I would not trust this Villa team to come away from the DW with at least a point. Therefore, I would rather we not need to.