Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Surprised that some seem to be throwing the towel in. For as crap as we have been we have still been better than 2 teams and only slightly worse than 2 others.

Its all to play for. Performance wise we have done well over the last few weeks and even though we didn't beat any of them have given some very good sides in Everton, Arsenal and Man City a game. Produce those level of performances and show the same determination against Reading, QPR, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke and Wigan and I am confident we can get of this mess.

Now is not the time for throwing the towel in and giving up. Now is the time for rolling our sleeves up and backing the team. The players need our support more than ever. The fat lady isn't singing yet. Far from it.

Amen to that!

• Like 1

Surprised that some seem to be throwing the towel in. For as crap as we have been we have still been better than 2 teams and only slightly worse than 2 others.

Its all to play for. Performance wise we have done well over the last few weeks and even though we didn't beat any of them have given some very good sides in Everton, Arsenal and Man City a game. Produce those level of performances and show the same determination against Reading, QPR, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke and Wigan and I am confident we can get out of this mess.

Now is not the time for throwing the towel in and giving up. Now is the time for rolling our sleeves up and backing the team. The players need our support more than ever. The fat lady isn't singing yet. Far from it.

\Mark I absolutlely love the outlook you have there,  and I would love to share it I really would.  I guess my acceptance of relegation is basically an attempt for me to spend longer living with that eventuality so that when it happens I am deadened to it and it has less of an impact.

After watching that last night I fail to see how we really played well, how many times did we look threatening, I was saying to the chap next to me on one of the occasions we actually got near there box centrally that the ball would end up with Guzan, sure enough, 10 passes later Guzan had it and hoofed it up to a MC player, we are totally predictable, we need a player to spark, someone to play a decent pass, someone to actually take control, players need to actually want the ball and take ownership of it, I still do not see this type of player at the club, we pass the ball well but in places the other teams allow us to, as soon as we see pressure we play a bad pass or simply loose possession Our so called skilled players are mopped up to easily by doubling up on them, I dont know the answer but I sure as hell hope PL finds it and quick..

I'd rather be playing badly and winning rather than this supposed playing well and losing.

Very very bad sign.

Over a short period of time I would disagree, but over the season "playing well and losing" is pretty much the same as not being good enough. Lots of enthusiasm and grit one could also say, but that only take us so far. However, our last two games have been decent against hard oppsosition, the trick is to play this "well" against the teams around is, which will be a totally different situation. Crap teams always rise to the occasion, but when we can actually win a game one can easily gear down and play shit again. We have to play well now, and win for a change.

I'd rather be playing badly and winning rather than this supposed playing well and losing.

Very very bad sign.

we played City adn Arsenal. not like we were against Stoke and Fulham

even on a 1 off match as we have seen a lower league team can do well against the top prem teams, we are similar to them, we put alot of effort in and huff and puff but at the end of the day the consistancy and skill level is just not there, we are a below average team and over the course of a season this has become evident, hell even our win over plop was lucky, we should have been 4 down after 15 minutes. the only shining light we have is Benteke, he is pretty much the only decent player we have that can make a difference.

Answer honestly how many of our players would get into a top ten side. If we go down it will have been deserved by our lack of ambition and poor players.

Hell I do not even blame PL in all honesty, simply put you can not make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Looking at fixtures, I do see a good number of winnable games- obviously Reading and QPR, as well as Stoke, Fulham, Sunderland, and Norwich. Wigan last day of the season I'd rather not think about. Then we have Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool, and I could see us getting at least a point from those. So as long as we don't lose either of the next two, we still have a chance.

• Like 1

Its all to play for. Performance wise we have done well over the last few weeks and even though we didn't beat any of them have given some very good sides in Everton, Arsenal and Man City a game. Produce those level of performances and show the same determination against Reading, QPR, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland, Stoke and Wigan and I am confident we can get out of this mess.

\Mark I absolutlely love the outlook you have there,  and I would love to share it I really would.  I guess my acceptance of relegation is basically an attempt for me to spend longer living with that eventuality so that when it happens I am deadened to it and it has less of an impact.

Same. I admire supporters who still believe we will stay up I just cannot do it. For me the club announced loud and clear they accepted relegation after non action in the January window I simply accepted their decision. Our form is poor and while we may have some decent performances occasionally they translate into nothing points wise.

Very very bad sign.

we played City adn Arsenal. not like we were against Stoke and Fulham

Yes I appreciate that, and we lost both games. Not good. What about the Bradford and Millwall recent debacles how do you reconcile those losses ? And throwing away a 2 goal lead at everton ?

we really could do with at least 12 points till the end of the season

but lets face it, with a defense of lowton, baker, clark and bennett, that just isnt going to happen, worst defense ever, even solihull borough would walk all over us

We should go with a midfield 3 of Westwood Ireland zog

We need to win the next 2 & a get draws against Chelsea Man U &liverpool

We can take points off Fulham sunderland stoke

Edited by dakid007

we really could do with at least 12 points till the end of the season

but lets face it, with a defense of lowton, baker, clark and bennett, that just isnt going to happen, worst defense ever, even solihull borough would walk all over us

The defence is poor no doubt but still not the weakest area for me. With a midfield so inept at keeping the ball, there is no doubt the defence comes under so much pressure.