Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

The biggest problem with results like Saturday's, isn't the points dropped as such (although the 2 points dropped is bad, it's still a point more than most of us expected), it's the psychological effect. Not just on our players, but on the oppositions'.

Think of this example, if we went 2-0 up against, say, West Ham when we play them with 20 minutes to go, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that, in previous seasons or with different teams, West Ham's heads might go down and we'd have a comfortable last 20 minutes.

But every team that plays us now will know that we keep letting slip leads. No team is ever going to let their heads go down because they know if they keep knocking on the door, sooner or later they'll score.

We're in a really shit situation.

• Like 1

The biggest problem with results like Saturday's, isn't the points dropped as such (although the 2 points dropped is bad, it's still a point more than most of us expected), it's the psychological effect. Not just on our players, but on the oppositions'.

Think of this example, if we went 2-0 up against, say, West Ham when we play them with 20 minutes to go, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that, in previous seasons or with different teams, West Ham's heads might go down and we'd have a comfortable last 20 minutes.

But every team that plays us now will know that we keep letting slip leads. No team is ever going to let their heads go down because they know if they keep knocking on the door, sooner or later they'll score.

Not only that,after going so long with these performances we must surley be known as the " Easy Beats ) by now. 

Oh look, we have Villa next saturday.That means we can have a night out on friday.

So Brian McDermott's Reading have now won something like five out of six. They look like they'll fight their way out if it, or at least have a good go at trying. If we go down, it'll be with a whimper.

I wonder how many mega salaried players he's got to his disposal? Was he given £20M + in the summer?

Thats the between a little club on the slide and a big one. The smaller clubs tend to rally together - when as when a big club starts to tumble, its a lot harder to stop.

Total shite!

Is there a single, positive stat that Lambert is beating AMc on!?!?

He isn't ginger, that is pretty much the only thing I can think of

If Lambert were to come good - we would have a really good team to watch. A good Alex Mcleish team would always be dull 1-0's etc   (not that I wouldn't kill for a 1-0 at the mo!)

We're already down in my head.

4 wins and 3 draws would get us to 36 points with 6 games remaining.

Can anyone seeing us picking up 4 wins? Or to put it another way, can anyone see us only losing 6 games? I certainly can't. Plus we lost to the teams around us making it even harder to escape from this position, I doubt 36 points would be enough to stay up.

If we do stay up, it'll be a minor miracle that THREE other teams were shittier than us. I think there's a real danger we could even end up bottom.

Christ, wouldn't like to be in the trenches with most of you lot!!!!

I think that Wet Sham, is a big game, win that we continue with forward momentum. They've not won in ages away from home, and we've got goals in the side. There's been an improvement in the teams performance from the 2nd Half of Newcastle, through the Everton game, need to keep that going.

We've still go to play lots of teams that are towards the bottom of the table, I believe that we can still win against, WHU, Norwich, QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Wigan & Fulham, Yes it'll be difficult, and yes we need to improve defensively, but we can do it.

With everyone fit, I know that is a big if, we have the 14th best squad/team in the division. If they can come back soon we may survive.

But we also have the fourth best manager so if you combine those two things then we should easily finish mid table. Or something.

4th best manager what? Where has that come from?

With everyone fit, I know that is a big if, we have the 14th best squad/team in the division. If they can come back soon we may survive.

Who are we waiting to get fit ? - I thought we were more or less at full strentgh ?

Who are we waiting to get fit ? - I thought we were more or less at full strentgh ?

Dunne, Herd, Albrighton are out for a while. Can't see Dunne kicking a ball for us again (and he was never any good for corners either!)

The only silver lining I can find here is that perhaps teams will get a bit too complacent when going behind to us?

Maybe.

But it's getting to that stage now where if we score in the first 80 minutes I feel it's too early to score!

I remember a game against United a few years back (when we were good) and we scored in the first couple of minutes and I had the same feeling then. It's almost too early to score against United because they have so long to get back into it.

Now it's like that with every team.

Maybe.

But it's getting to that stage now where if we score in the first 80 minutes I feel it's too early to score!

I remember a game against United a few years back (when we were good) and we scored in the first couple of minutes and I had the same feeling then. It's almost too early to score against United because they have so long to get back into it.

Now it's like that with every team.

Ha Ha Ha. we were joking about this 20 years ago in a pub i worked in. whenever we score in the first 10 minutes we used to look at each other and say well can we hang on for 80 mins? Its a strange mindset to the likes of Man Utd/Liverpool fans but hasn't this always been the case? We're a defeatist bunch us villa fans, but it's born out of 100 years of underachievement. welcome to the club :)

I think that Wet Sham, is a big game, win that we continue with forward momentum. They've not won in ages away from home, and we've got goals in the side. There's been an improvement in the teams performance from the 2nd Half of Newcastle, through the Everton game, need to keep that going.

We've still go to play lots of teams that are towards the bottom of the table, I believe that we can still win against, WHU, Norwich, QPR, Reading, Sunderland, Wigan & Fulham, Yes it'll be difficult, and yes we need to improve defensively, but we can do it.

west ham are crap away we are crap at home. something has to give and its a nailed on certainty it will be villa. expect a very comfirtable 3 points for the hammers

"They've not won in ages away from home"

Thats the bit that worries me - Newcastle hadn`t won away at all