Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I agree, I think a signing would make the difference. For me I just think not strengthening a weak team (and we are weak for one reason or another) would make me think relegation would happen where as at the minute I think it may be owuldn't!

So on a scale of

-1 0 +1

Currently I am plus one (just over the line) but no transfer movement and I go -1 (just over the line the other way)

I don't think we will get relegated because

a) Lerner would have no choice but to pump money in at January regardless if we were in with a chance of relegation. He's not stupid, relegation would not be in his plan, whatever it is.

B) Lamberts too good

c) Wehave Given, Vlaar and Bent, none of the teams in the relegation battle have anywhere near this quality in any of their individuals

I happened to click on the first page of this thread by mistake and thought 'how things change'. A majority of the campaign without Vlaar, Bent or Given, no money pumped in in January and everyone questioning Lambert. I also never understand why people vote 'Unsure' - just make up your mind before voting!!

Edited by jackbauer24

I agree, I think a signing would make the difference. For me I just think not strengthening a weak team (and we are weak for one reason or another) would make me think relegation would happen where as at the minute I think it may be owuldn't!

So on a scale of

-1 0 +1

Currently I am plus one (just over the line) but no transfer movement and I go -1 (just over the line the other way)

I absolutely agree that a decent signing (or two) would make all the difference but everything I'm hearing is saying that that is not going to happen.

A few people think that this might be a bargaining tactic by RL but I don't think so

I can't understand the thinking of a man who one season sanctions £30m spend to save the club and then in identical (maybe worse) circumstances will not sanction £6-8m.

We need to have a little run like we did prior to the Chelsea game to give ourselves a bit of breathing space and confidence

I absolutely agree that a decent signing (or two) would make all the difference but everything I'm hearing is saying that that is not going to happen.

A few people think that this might be a bargaining tactic by RL but I don't think so

I can't understand the thinking of a man who one season sanctions £30m spend to save the club and then in identical (maybe worse) circumstances will not sanction £6-8m.

We need to have a little run like we did prior to the Chelsea game to give ourselves a bit of breathing space and confidence

We need to start winning game back to back. Something we havnt done in the league since beating arsenal/Liverpool in the last 2 games of 10/11 and something we've not looked like doing this season.

It would be a shame if Villa got relegated, but lets be honest, its only football and it will not affect our lives. So if it happens, it happens.......

That's a very laisez faire approach voinjama

What On earth are you smoking