Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I just noticed the bloke who's taken over was the Argentinian defender who Owen Dived against in the 2002 world cup and won a penalty

He wont be pleased with jay rodriguez

Edited by AshVilla

The Adkins sacking is absolutely ridiculous and could swing things our way.

Their 3 points clear of the drop, having just beat us away and then coming from 2 goals down to draw at Chelsea, they've only lost 2 of their last 12 as well. Fairly obvious that the players were obviously still playing for him.

Football's getting more and more mental

Bizarre. Madness. Unbelievable. That Lambert still has a job yet Atkins doesnt. Wow.

Football is mad. You have to respect Randy for sticking loyal with Lambert and even last season with Mcleish for the full season. I cant see Lambert being sacked.

Dunne Bent Vlaar (just getting Nzogbia and Gabby back to match fitness) maybe we will see results turn for us. Even the defenders returning we can now play Baker at left back (more height at set pieces) and leave Lichaj and Bennett out.

Bizarre. Madness. Unbelievable. That Lambert still has a job yet Atkins doesnt. Wow.

Football is mad. You have to respect Randy for sticking loyal with Lambert and even last season with Mcleish for the full season. I cant see Lambert being sacked.

Dunne Bent Vlaar (just getting Nzogbia and Gabby back to match fitness) maybe we will see results turn for us. Even the defenders returning we can now play Baker at left back (more height at set pieces) and leave Lichaj and Bennett out.

Zog, Dunne, and Bent will come into their own in the second half of the season and help us turn things around.

I think.....

I've been saying for some time now our only hope of staying up is if 3 sides are more crap than us and Cortese may just have ensured that Southampton will be more crap than us for enough matches to help us get back out of the bottom 3. Here's hoping...

Unbelievable decision and Southampton fans are rightly seething on social networking sites.

They've now gone from a settled side pushing their way out of trouble to a club with the potential to be thrown into chaos and likely to implode. This manager was sacked from Espanyol in November for sinking them to rock-bottom. The Catalan club is now out of the relegation zone, by the way.

I cannot see how this can be anything other than a negative and disruptive move, which of course is good for us. But it does still piss me off, modern football and the people who tend to hold all the cards in this day and age are by and large a disgrace.

Let's be wary here. This may work in our favour but it may not. I remember when RDM was sacked from West Brom everyone was saying what a ridiculous decision was but it ended up being good for them in the long run.

I accept this is different but just beware that this might not mean automatically implosion for Southampton, although I obviously hope that does happen.