Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Apart from the fact that we are one of 7 premier league clubs, present since its inception, I can't think of one other stat that makes me think we will stay up.

The Prem's been around 20 years. It's like saying you think we'll stay up because we won the European Cup. It's the here and now that matters, not history.

I seriously hope we do not go down obviously.. My point is that if it did happen then like it or not the best thing we could do would be to make the most of it & help get the club back up again. Of course it would be damaging financially & in other ways which i don't dispute whatsoever but is it recoverable from?.. Well yeah it is!... Although no easy task of course as evidenced by the lists of teams which have been posted above who have disappeared into the abyss somewhat. But many of those sides disappeared a long while ago & were surely not in such a strong position as Aston Villa. Surely we would be among the biggest & most likely "the" biggest club in the lower divisions if it did happen. This you would hope would put us at an advantage when recruiting the players to get us back up? Especially taking into account Paul Lambert's habit of scouring the lower divisions already anyway.

Anyway the best idea of course is to move heaven & Earth to stay up whatever it takes & i certainly have not given up on that idea whatsoever (despite maybe my odd knee jerk reaction rant over the last few weeks to the contrary :rolleyes: )....

So....Over to you Randy & Paul's :mellow: ... Where's these signings to save our arses?

We need around 5 wins & 6 draws with no more than 5 defeats to reach the 40 point mark... Or possibly 4 wins & 9 draws? Thats a tall order from 16 games... Our best hope maybe that we will hopefully need a low points tally to survive around 37/38 ish.. Not if our rivals keep picking up points against the likes of Chelsea however!

Edited by danceoftheshamen

If I was Randy Lerner I'd fire Lambert if we don't get a result against West Brom.

4 wins so far this season.

Each time Lichaj and Bannan in the team. Lichaj hardly plays. Bannan is not first choice against Southampton - a team we needed to create chances against.

Enough of his bizarre selections, like Joe Bennett, who can't defend. Lichaj has known limitations but we won 4 games with him in the side.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING OF LAMBERT???

16 games to go.

4 more wins won't be enough to stay up. We won't have a chance of getting 1 win if you pick Joe Bennett.

We should not have lost the six-pointers to Wigan and Southampton.

West Brom game is IT. The big one for me.

so has everyone decided what teams theyre looking forward to seeing next season?

If they are still in the Championship then Watford for me as its a 5 minute drive to the ground, Palace, Charlton, Millwall wouldn't be too hard to get to either.

Edited by LeafyVilla

Chelsea are nothing special this season. We just made them look like Barcelona by being totally dire ourselves. We then went on to do the same for Spurs and even Wigan.

If we lose on Saturday we might as well sack the manager and give someone else a go because we can't get any worse at this point.

I thought no team had a chance against chelsea, i remember being told on here that we couldn't expect much because of how much their squad cost.

There is no doubt we are currently the worst team in the league.

Thanks lerner you absolute word removed.

And although he didn't have his job made easy for him, lambert so far has been a complete waste of time and has actually just added to our problems.

• Like 1

Lambert needs to be given the opportunity to rectify the situation. It's no good chopping and changing the manager each year. We have Lambert now and we need to give him our support. We need continuity otherwise we'll be much more worse off.

• Like 1