Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Didnt wigan lose 9-1 to tottenham and survived. I think its a valuable lesson learned. Dont turn up you get tonked. Win two games in a row suddenly were ok again. What this result confirmed for me and i imagine quite a few others. We lack a defensive midfielder.. A benteke shaped midfielder. We need a new left back and centre back with experience.

Don't want to jinx it, but if you adjust for the aborations of the City and Southampton games we have one of the meanest defences in the league. We've struggled for goals but the past few games looks like this is being addressed (so long as Benteke stays fit/in form). The teams around us have tough/defining games over the next month as do we. After Chelsea we have a run of tough games that are winnable against mediocre opposition. The momentum is in our favour and it's up to us to take advantage. This is not saying we will or should get the points but if we're any good, this is the time to press home the platform we have built over the past 6 games or so.

Well you jinxed it alright!

• Like 1

Well frankly a disgrace of a performance today.. Difficult to quite know where to start after that & yet equally odd considering the win at Anfield a week earlier ... Worryingly though we could have been a few down by half time up there too on another day.

That's just it. We didn't have any control of the Liverpool game first half but they couldn't score from their many chances and we hit them on the counter. If some of their goals had gone in we would have been on the end of a result similar to their Fulham one. We were quite lucky at Anfield first 30mins.

As bad as yesterday was I think the writing was on the wall, no one really believed we would win there and to an extent i think the players also thought this and as such did not give their all. The worst thing for us was the win they had against Leeds and the fact they may play us in the final, They had a point to prove and turned it on, to be fair Chelsea in that mood could have done this against 80% of the premier league.

I hope though that we can move on and forget this result and get something against spuds or we could go downwards pretty quickly. at least we only have 2 days to hide before the next match.

There is a funny side though have you seen the joke going round of Benitez giving PL a box of after eights for Christmas, Good job we have a sense of humour,

Yeah it was a freak result, I just don't understand why we're so prone to collapsing. It's been like this for years.

Confused! How can it be a freak result if we are so prone to collapsing and it's been like this for years?

A freak result would seem to suggest that it only occurs once in a very blue moon. However, these very blue moons seem to occur every season.

Chelsea away for me was always going to be a loss. I'm worried that the players got all Charlie Big Bollocks after Liverpool particularly Benteke who had a shocking game yesterday. We now must bounce back with a minimum of a point v Spurs, Wigan at home is MUST win and a point at Swansea. Then it's the FA Cup and a little respite although I think Ipswich will come and have a real go at us.

Wigan is the biggest game for us over Xmas though.

What happened I think was that our players went to the game expecting Chelsea to be tired and off the speed after all the games they've played and travelled combined with our players having off-day and Chelsea players clearly being fired up is very dangerous thing to have against Chelsea and it cost us dearly. Now Lambert and the players really need to be fired up against Tottenham and Wigan get a win against both to put this behind and show that this was just a blip.

Chelsea away for me was always going to be a loss. I'm worried that the players got all Charlie Big Bollocks after Liverpool particularly Benteke who had a shocking game yesterday. We now must bounce back with a minimum of a point v Spurs, Wigan at home is MUST win and a point at Swansea. Then it's the FA Cup and a little respite although I think Ipswich will come and have a real go at us.

Wigan is the biggest game for us over Xmas though.

I agree with a lot of this - I'd thought we might manage two draws from Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs and beat Wigan to take five points from those four games. Of those fixtures I didn't hold out a lot of hope of taking anything from Chelsea. The game against Spurs and a victory against Wigan are required now to steady the ship

I was very disappointed with Benteke's whole demeanour yesterday - constantly offside and blaming his colleagues. Weimann was the only outfirld player who I thought didn't give up.

Lowton, Bennett, Clark and Baker have all got promise for me, but to expect them to all start together was a step too far. Herd and Lichaj have had some decent perfromances for us, but yesterday didn't look premiership quality. Bannan might be beleiving his own publicity too much and that should be a massive wake-up call for him.

We need a CB, DefensiveMid, CreativeMid and Striker minimum in the window

At the end of the day our season wont be defined by how we do against Chelsea or MAn City but by how we perfrom against sides in the bottom half of the table

• Like 1

I still remember a bloke who sang a billy bragg song at the Newcastle match and I think the sentiments still apply, he tweaked te lyrics slightly

Copy + Pasted

Just because you're better than (us)Doesn't mean (we're) lazyJust because you're going forwardsDoesn't mean (we're) going backwards

5-0

8-0

4-0

Minus 21 goal difference.

We are ****. There is no light at the end of the tunnel, other than we might be able to win a game when we are in the Championship. That looks as though it might be where our next win comes from. We won't beat Bradford based on these performances.

We deserved to go down last year and got lucky. We had a decent GD to play on too.

This year we look exactly what we are - a bunch of players from lower levels not good enough for the Premier League. And the way they fall apart when they let the first goal in shows that they know it too.

The club stopped acting like a top club three years ago. They don't have the players for the top flight. Aston Villa do not deserve to be in the Premier League any more.

We deserved to go down last year and got lucky. We had a decent GD to play on too.

This year we look exactly what we are - a bunch of players from lower levels not good enough for the Premier League. And the way they fall apart when they let the first goal in shows that they know it too.

The club stopped acting like a top club three years ago. They don't have the players for the top flight. Aston Villa do not deserve to be in the Premier League any more.

Well clearly, if there are at least three teams worse than we are, we do not deserve to go down, right?

We're still 3 points clear. Must win the Wigan game though, but I think all these people saying we're doomed already are being way too premature.

Bloody hell. 12 goals conceded in 2 games. Mantis explain this.

What the ****? Why single out me? I'm not the **** club spokesperson.

I never thought I would ever say this about the club I love but we deserve to be relegated. We are utter shite and done belong in this division. We are not only losing but we are embarrassing ourselves. The lowest eb for our club in my lifetime.