Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I wouldn't trust Mcleish but at the same time our premiership status was under real threat and money was not provided.

I hope it's not the same this January.

Maybe that's because he knew he was going to be sacked at the end of the season, and he didn't want to provide funds. Because Lerner Knew he wouldn't be here at the start of the new season, and Didn't want loads of McLeish's players in for the next manager.

We were comfortable mid table in January last season, think we went 9th after beating Chelsea for example on NYE and weren't we about 15 points clear of Wigan at that point? Relegation only became a real danger from March.

Can't see a comfortable situation this season really so money wil certainly have to be spent in January.

Lerner isn't stupid. At least i hope he isn't?

With all that TV revenue waiting in the wings he will open the cheque book in January. What businessman would let his business fail when he had the finance to rescue it?

Unless he already knows its a sinking ship and sets fire to the business to get the insurance money?

I'd trust him. He's got more right than wrong so far IMO.

Vlaar, Benteke, Lowton and KEA all look like good signings to me

Bennett looks poor but it's way too early to be writing him off and Bowery and Westwood can't be judged as we've barely seen them play.

Yesterday was the first time this season I think we've looked awful throughout though. Southampton and WBA had hairy spells, but in all those there was some nice football played, yesterday was gash.

I'm concerned but I want the fans to stay onside and support our inexperienced team. It'll take a lot, but I think we can stay up.

cant see it - they have one of the tightest defences in the division. - and we can't buy a clean sheet

Our defence hasn't actually been that bad Southampton aside. We can't keep clean sheets but we don't concede that many either. Sunderland really aren't doing that much better than us.

If games finished at half time our record would be from 9 games

Won: 4

Drew: 3

Lost: 2

Scored: 4

Conceded: 4

We have only been behind twice at half time and that was in the first games of the season, what is going wrong in the second half.

Is it our tactics of trying to close teams down hinder us and with a young side we get tired and mistakes happen plus the lack of firepower upfront show we are always going to struggle to close games out.

Closing games out has been a problem for a good few years now and quite frankly it pisses me off. It's horrible knowing that a 1 goal lead is pretty much worthless to us. I know in 10/11 we were by far the worst team for throwing away points from winning positions and we were certainly one of the worst teams for that last season as well. We always seem to concede fairly late on too.

Pretty obvious after the Fulham game that we lacked experience (and that includes the Manager), and quality in the team.

The table doesn't lie and the current squad is very thin, with this team we will finish in the bottom 3 or 4.

although he's made the odd mistake i feel we have to trust the manager, even if the worst happens.

The midfield is much too lightweight with too many similiar players who lack the required quality at this level, Albrighton, Bannan, Delph,

or deadwood, N'Zog, maybe Ireland, which we need to ship out.

The current problems stem from ineptitude in the boardroom as much as anywhere.

On the plus side i like the look of Guzan, Vlaar, Benteke, Lowton, and there are still 87 points still to play for.

Apart from the top 5 or 6 teams the Premier League is massively overhyped, Midtable Swansea, Sunderland, Stoke, etc

are hardly any better than us. We need quality reinforcements, particularly in midfield if we are to survive though.

Last year after we lost to Bolton I really thought we were going down and I felt sick.

This season if it is to happen I feel like I'll have the whole season to get used to the idea which in a way makes me feel a bit better.

Still a long way to go but if we do stay up it will be a monumental effort from Lambert

If we are still in touch in January - I think we'll be ok. Randy will have to chuck some serious cash into the mix to dig us out but I'm pretty sure he will. This season is the worst since the PL started to get relegated. From next season it will be nigh on impossible to get back up and stay up with the massive increase in TV money.

We dont want to get stuck in the mini-League that is the bottom 6 of the PL and the top 6 of the Championship - that will leave us bouncing between the two for many seasons to come.