Rino8

Only won courtesy of the ref

The same ref who gave West Ham a goal? 

Exactly, the referee was poor but if he didn't make those two key poor decisions, it would have been a 1-0 win to plop anyway. 

Surely we should all be glad that Liverpool won anyway, it keeps West Ham just a few points ahead of us

I agree and if Liverpool were poor today its still better than our best. If Suarez and Sturridge had have been on form they would have won that game by 3 or 4 goals.

Exactly, the referee was poor but if he didn't make those two key poor decisions, it would have been a 1-0 win to plop anyway.

Surely we should all be glad that Liverpool won anyway, it keeps West Ham just a few points ahead of us

I agree and if Liverpool were poor today its still better than our best. If Suarez and Sturridge had have been on form they would have won that game by 3 or 4 goals.

I don't know about that. First half at Anfield was us at our best and Liverpool playing poorly. We were comfortably the better side that half.

We have it in us.

I don't know about that. First half at Anfield was us at our best and Liverpool playing poorly. We were comfortably the better side that half.

We have it in us.

True we did play well that first half 

Rooting for Chelsea to win the league now, on the grounds that I hate Mourinho less than I hate Liverpool.

Their sanctimonious fans drive me to distraction, and today - a day where fans all over the country have paid their due respects - City fans have had their coaches bricked and have been jumped at Lime Street station on the way home.

They're an awful, self-righteous bunch who have a holier-than-thou attitude that can only be compared to the Catholic church.  That the media go along with it serves only to annoy me even more.

• Like 4

Rooting for Chelsea to win the league now, on the grounds that I hate Mourinho less than I hate Liverpool.

Their sanctimonious fans drive me to distraction, and today - a day where fans all over the country have paid their due respects - City fans have had their coaches bricked and have been jumped at Lime Street station on the way home.

They're an awful, self-righteous bunch who have a holier-than-thou attitude that can only be compared to the Catholic church.  That the media go along with it serves only to annoy me even more.

It's the victim mentality that Liverpool have is what annoys me the most.

• Like 1

As long as Chelsea don't win it...can't stand Mourinho.

The way I look at it is if Liverpool win it, it will likely be just the once because they don't have the financial clout to dominate for a long period of time. So let them have it.

I think Liverpool can secure ridiculous sponsorship deals to give them the financial grunt required to hang with the oligarchs. 

• Like 1

It's pretty funny watching some of you get so wound up about this though.

As you can see farther up the page, for a split second I was fine with them winning. But the victim mentality, their idea that Liverpool is always being wronged, is what gets me.

I guess we will have to wait and see.  Oil money will have to drive prices up further though, I think Liverpool could handle £25m transfer fees and £150k a week wages for most of their first XI. That should be enough to keep you in the title hunt. 

It's pretty funny watching some of you get so wound up about this though.

As you can see farther up the page, for a split second I was fine with them winning. But the victim mentality, their idea that Liverpool is always being wronged, is what gets me.

And all that is amplified by things like the stabbing of away fans being almost completely ignored in the press.

I am of the same view as you NurembergVillain . Nasty horrible supporters who think football was invented in Liverpool. Use to hate going there in  the 70s and 80s,as they were always looking for trouble on the way to and from the ground.I also hate the ones who live in and around Brum and telling me how much better Liverpool is as a city than ours. Why the f**k don't they go back then 

• Like 1

I also don't understand how everyone seems to believe their supporters aren't to blame at all for hillsborough. Maybe I don't know enough about it, but while the cops didn't handle crowd control properly, it seems like it wouldn't have happened without their fans being unruly and probably drunk

Â