Lowton ......Vlaar

............KEA..........Holman

So for me we badly need more because as it stands

We are looking at a line up along the lines of:

Lowton......Vlaar.....Clark......??????

....................KEA

Nzog.....Delph.....Ireland.....Bannan

....................Bent

Just looks a bit light on experience for me so Bottom 6 as it stands but with improvement as new signings come in & injuries ease up etc... I see a slow start but with things picking up as the season progresses & if & when new signings arrive/players adjust to the pace/injuries ease etc.

Well we just about scraped survival last season by 2 points :shock:

& since then we have lost or are about to sell by all accounts

Hutton.....Cuellar....Collins.....Warnock

..........Makoun......Heskey......Petrov

Then if we add in the injuries we currently have:

Hutton....Cuellar....Collins....Dunne....Warnock

Albrighton.....Holman....Petrov....Gabby

........................Heskey

Then look at the replacements thus far:

Lowton ......Vlaar

............KEA..........Holman

So for me we badly need more because as it stands

We are looking at a line up along the lines of:

Lowton......Vlaar.....Clark......??????

....................KEA

Nzog.....Delph.....Ireland.....Bannan

....................Bent

Just looks a bit light on experience for me so Bottom 6 as it stands but with improvement as new signings come in & injuries ease up etc... I see a slow start but with things picking up as the season progresses & if & when new signings arrive/players adjust to the pace/injuries ease etc.

Thats a very good post.

I think in the last 2 seasons we have become fixated about the manager (me included) ........now we have a good manager hopefully.....but that squad ...Bent Apart isn't far away from the DOL days.

Bottom 6 for me - Sorry.

Bottom 6? Bottom 5? Never change VT. :lol:

What I don't get is this: why is it last season most were tipping us to finish around midtable yet this season many are saying we'll go down despite now having a much better manager?

Mantis looking at your posts you clearly aren't a fan of the old back 4 which is understandable. But 3 of the 4 were the same players that took us 6th, to a carling cup final and a FA cup semi final. They were pretty solid. Yes since then they have lost their way but there is no way we've seen enough from our youngsters to suggest they would be a massive improvement were they playing weak in weak out. Lambert still must sign defenders because relying on the kids is a big a gamble as sticking with the likes of Warnock IMO.

Ironically the biggest problem last season was lack of goals yet it's the defence that has been criticised the most.

Mantis looking at your posts you clearly aren't a fan of the old back 4 which is understandable. But 3 of the 4 were the same players that took us 6th, to a carling cup final and a FA cup semi final. They were pretty solid. Yes since then they have lost their way but there is no way we've seen enough from our youngsters to suggest they would be a massive improvement were they playing weak in weak out. Lambert still must sign defenders because relying on the kids is a big a gamble as sticking with the likes of Warnock IMO.

Ironically the biggest problem last season was lack of goals yet it's the defence that has been criticised the most.

That was over two years ago! They're all way past it/shit. Not saying a young inexperienced back 4 is a massive improvement but it's still an improvement.

Our lack of goals was largely down to McLeish.

We seem to be everyones favourite for the drop, I think we work best as a club with little expectation and last seasons experience for the players will stand them in good stead. I can easily see us safe and surprising a few teams along the way.

Starting with West Ham, the players need to keep believing in the new system and have enough confidence on the ball. Nobody can hide this year.

We have a striker who has a one in two record. A striker who despite having the least amount of touches of a player last seasom acored 9 in 22. Rugby pitches and pot holes aside, anybody who thinks we're going down or will come close needs to put down the crack pipe.

Midlands Today seems to have swallowed Gobby Cabbage... Can Villa stay in the Premier League? Yes with ease, I expect us to finish above WBA this season 9-12 I think.

Â