Prediction time (season 12/13)

Dodgyknees

I think it's going to be a really really tight season coming up, like two years ago. I also think points-wise we're not going to be that far away from relegation. Can see a few thrashings for us, and I can see us thrashing a few teams too.

I think well be 13th - 15th......... unless some serious bolstering is done in defence....... if were relying on Ciaran Clark then were fooked as I reckon hes shite !

around 9th-14th i think. Which is fine by me.

Lambert will certainly need time with the squad he's inherited. Hope we can move one or two more of the deadwood this transfer window though.

Hopefully he will see more backing in the future when they're happier with the wages. But who knows with Randy these days.

I'm not sure on the relegation front. I do know however PL is determined to make us succeed.

Also:

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty

So @RobbieSavage8 thinks Villa may go down? I actually think they'll do surprisingly well under a fine new manager. Full predictions to come

He predicts us to go down every year doesn't he? I think he still sees Dion Dublin on his eyelids.

It's funny that he says that we've got a top manager but that he can't make up for a poor squad. We didn't even go down last year and that was with the worst manager imaginable!

He predicts us to go down every year doesn't he? I think he still sees Dion Dublin on his eyelids.

It's funny that he says that we've got a top manager but that he can't make up for a poor squad. We didn't even go down last year and that was with the worst manager imaginable!

Yeah but remember he's part of the media circus so that means that he most likely thinks McLeish is a "top manager who also happens to be a genuinely nice honest guy".

Still want Dublin to headbutt the sheep shagging prick again though!

Thoughts on our finishing place? 12th is my guess but would be higher with a couple of extra first team signings.

Anywhere from 9th to 14th as I expect that area of the table to be tight again with a single result moving you up or down multiple places.

Savage is obviously still in Mcleish soapy tit w@nk send off mode. Whilst we're not going to be troubling anyone too far up the table we have a better team and a FAR better manager than last year.

Maybe im being optimistic but I think 13th is a pretty safe bet, I don't think we will necessarily get points early on but we will keep going for 90 mins which will keep us in the hunt for points.

The key to easy points will be Bent...if he gets injured we're going to need a revelation up front.

However I do think with the current system any player making runs could get the ball, the movement is clearly improved as is the desire to retain the ball but it might take a third of the season to be a consistent tactic....it's going to be interesting.

If we get a natural winger who likes to cross points might come a little easier...if that were the case I'd upgrade to 11th.

I think the promising thing is that if Bent goes out again for a stretch of time we have Holman who has been scoring a bit in pre-season, we also have Delfouneso who scored a couple, Weimann who has his scoring form for his national side recently so may be a threat for us this season.. I think we have a few more viable options plus Gabby returning to a striker role for the first time in two seasons won't hurt us either. I think the pressure will be off Bent this season as while he is needed we may have a few more putting in goals as well.

Mid table or lower. MOst players who come in from Europe take a year to settle and, sadly, we don't have that much time. I'm surprised we have made no real domenstic league signings. If we get off to a poor start we could be trouble!

Â