Prediction time (season 12/13)

Dodgyknees

would people rather a better run in the league or cup?

Cup for me.

We will never win the league in it's current state so i'll take 13th/14th if it means we win a cup imo.

It'd be a boost to the morale and like you say it's the more likely one.

League - 12th

League Cup - 4th round

FA Cup - It must be our year right? Winners

Edit: I declared us winner of the FA Cup with my 1500 post, so it's going to happen! :hooray:

Sensible prediction is midtable anywhere between 8th - 14th

We know we won't be dour McLeish defensive which I'm cool with

Which means we will be more offensive - great we may win more than 7

Equally that comes at the expense of possibly putting our defence and midfield under more pressure ie. 0-0's from last year may end 0-1 or 1-2

Still bit worried about out lack of cutting edge

Well I have been placing bets on us finishing top 8 (behind the likes of Man City, United, Chelsea, Arse, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle) meaning us needing to finish ahead of Everton, Stoke, QPR etc etc- feasible but yes hoping we get in a left back and a striker before season starts...

Having said that, the lads I bet against were so confident Villa would be nowhere near the top 8 they tried betting me 500 quid! (I had to decline that bet)

But yes, top 8 and a decent cup run in either cup and I would be over the moon! Up the Villa!

Well I have been placing bets on us finishing top 8 (behind the likes of Man City, United, Chelsea, Arse, Spurs, Liverpool and Newcastle) meaning us needing to finish ahead of Everton, Stoke, QPR etc etc- feasible but yes hoping we get in a left back and a striker before season starts...

Having said that, the lads I bet against were so confident Villa would be nowhere near the top 8 they tried betting me 500 quid! (I had to decline that bet)

But yes, top 8 and a decent cup run in either cup and I would be over the moon! Up the Villa!

You should have gone for the monkey :)

If we get a decent new left back - 6th

if not - 10th

I really do think getting the right bloke in this position is critical, we got murdered down the left flank regularly last season.

I see midtable and a half decent cup run. I think we will concede a lot of goals but also score our fair share. Would like to think we give every game a go which may lead to more defeats than draws but also more wins than draws.

I'm surprised how Lambert has already been hailed as the new messiah before the season has already started. Sorry to be a party pooper but a run of defeats and watch reality sink in. We all know how quickly things can change and lets face it our squad at the moment is pretty average.

I do not see a huge improvement over last season to be honest. Better manager but still a very, very weak squad for the Prem. As such I think we will have a similar season to last in that we will flirt with relegation for much of it but not get relegated.

If Bent gets injued early doors then I think it's 50/50 for relegation.

Don't see us getting anywhere in the cups.

If Ireland and Bent play to their level best then we might squeeze up into mid table.

Realism not pessimism. I think we will improve on last season but not by a huge amount with the players at our disposal (at this moment in time).

I do not see a huge improvement over last season to be honest. Better manager but still a very, very weak squad for the Prem. As such I think we will have a similar season to last in that we will flirt with relegation for much of it but not get relegated.

If Bent gets injued early doors then I think it's 50/50 for relegation.

Don't see us getting anywhere in the cups.

If Ireland and Bent play to their level best then we might squeeze up into mid table.

Realism not pessimism. I think we will improve on last season but not by a huge amount with the players at our disposal (at this moment in time).

We have flirted with relegation the last 2 seasons. We have a better manager now, but with limited resources he has only been able to plug the gaps with cheap players. The squad is still very weak with only Bent of proven quality.

Our only hope is that lambert can get a blend of players who compliment each other - rather than individual stars - like the great Ron Saunders used to do. That will take time though.

A steady 13th for me.

I'm excited and nervous about Saturday because that's going to be the game where they've played a full 90 minutes, it's the last game of the season, I know there could be further signings, but this is going to be our first real insight in to how we're going to get on this season.

10th.

More work to be done. January will be important. The point is, we're not going to be totally **** useless this season under a toothless manager who hasn't got a scooby.

Man I hope Lambert does the business for us and sticks around for a while. I'm excited for the first time since MON left us in the lurch

The manager will nt be able to turn all the shit around in one season and have us challenging for top six straight away. This is a longer term project here, and that includes transfers.

I still expect a bit of transfer movement hence why I put this off, but I will do it now as I do not expect anything earth shattering in terms of changing our team between now and the end of the window.

Having said that I will predict that this season we finish with W 14, D 11, L 13 putting us on 53 points total. With that I would expect an 8th place finish.

FA Cup: Quarter finalists

League Cup: Fourth Round

Â