Prediction time (season 12/13)

Dodgyknees

Midtable would be a big achievement with the squad we currently have

More investment is needed

Spot on. I think a lot of fans are a bit deluded at the moment. This squad just isn't good enough. We need more investment, not cheap as chips Dutch league players. Open your wallet, Randy.

With this squad - 14th. Hopefully we'll see more investment before August ends.

Just because they're cheap and from a foreign league doesn't necessarily mean they won't be up to the challenge.

To be honest im more worried about the players that were already at the club.

We all hope it was McLeish who made them underperform, and i some cases that's probably right.

But i just don't think they are good or devoted enough.

Just because they're cheap and from a foreign league doesn't necessarily mean they won't be up to the challenge.

To be honest im more worried about the players that were already at the club.

We all hope it was McLeish who made them underperform, and i some cases that's probably right.

But i just don't think they are good or devoted enough.

I tend to share these concerns - well, either way, the excuses will be wearing extremely thin if we haven't seen anything from the 'underperformers' by Xmas.

League = We will not be relegated or in a battle for long periods of the season

League cup = I think we'll progress a few rounds, dont expect semis of to win but maybe quarters

FA Cup = By the time this starts I am hoping that the new players we have will have bedded in, that Lambert's effect on the team will be starting to show itself and the team will be gelling together. I am therefore hoping we can win this.

wow, richard hoping for the cup!

i'd say we'll be solid in the league, take care of business at home, win a few away and be easy top half. with the cups it depends so much on the draw and luck, i'd like to think we'll play the yougsters together in the carling cup and have a good little run, and give the fa cup a proper go and get to the last 8 maybe if all goes well. who knows, maybe a better run than that :)

i'm pretty confident that PL is here to do a job, turn us around and try and win something with us and stick around for a good few years till one of the big european clubs come knocking. that said, it won't happen overnight but i think next season will be a good one!

this isnt a prediction its what people want lol, its impossible to predict the cups it all depends on the draws and its impossible to predict the league till we see signings by us and others and what sort of a start teams make even then you still cant predict (everton)

League : at the moment it's too early to say but based on the squad at the moment - 14th

League Cup : I think we'll do well in this don't think we'll reach the final though.

FA Cup : again we'll do well I think and he will take it serious but I don't see us reaching the final of this either.

This. We're still 2 or 3 signings short of a competitive squad IMO.

14th but play some decent stuff. Have our football look better and better as the season goes on.

Get a beating (lose by more than 3 goals) by one of the Manchesters but throw at least one beating of our own to a newly promoted team.

I expect us to play the kids in all cup matches as Lambert focuses on the league.

The above would be ok by me. Anything more is a bonus.

Presently I don't think either the squad or Lambert's signings are strong enough so I see us struggling badly again with no success in either of the cup competitions going out early.

This could all change however with the investment we need in the team via three quality signings but I'm not yet hopeful of getting those.

In the league I think we'll get 52 points. So wherever that results in us finishing? (That's around 7th-10th I imagine)

Cups I think we may not focus on but it's always great to have a cup run so I'll go with quarter final of the FA Cup and win the League cup :)

Â