Prediction time (season 12/13)

Dodgyknees

I'm not being negative for the sake of it but I am a little concerned as I don't think we looked as some people made out against very weak MLS opposition. An almost brand new back four need time to get to know each other. Our midfield is still powder puff. We're not looking that fluid up top.

Our first ten games are not overly frightening but I worry they could flash past and before we know we are Tottenham a la that bad early start and then we have Man U, Citeh, Arsenal back-to-back.

Still MON finished 16th in his first season with better players and some here think of him as a god.

Regarding my earlier post predicting we will finish with 52 points this season. I thought I'd see where 52 points would have gotten us throughout the past Premier League seasons.

(Based on also having a better goal difference than any other club with 52 points that season)

I've put how we actually did in brackets on the side.

92/93 - 14th (Finished 2nd with 74 points)

93/94 - 13th (Finished 10th with 57 points)

94/95 - 12th (Finished 18th with 48 points)

95/96 - 10th (Finished 4th with 63 points)

96/97 - 9th (Finished 5th with 61 points)

97/98- 11th (Finished 7th with 57 points)

98/99 - 8th (Finished 6th with 55 points)

99/00 - 11th (Finished 6th with 58 points)

00/01 - 9th (Fnished 8th with 54 points)

01/02 - 8th (We finished 8th that season but with 50 points. We'd beat ourselves :) )

02/03 - 8th (Finished 16th with 45 points, below Blues :( )

03/04 - 9th (Finished 6th with 56 points)

04/05 - 8th (Finished 10th with 47 points)

05/06 - 10th (Finished 16th with 42 points)

06/07 - 10th (Finished 11th with 50 points)

07/08 - 10th (Finished 6th with 60 points)

08/09 - 8th (Finished 6th with 62 points)

09/10 - 9th (Finished 6th with 64 points. So O' Neill was improving 2 points at a time, the Noahs' Ark madman)

10/11 - 8th (Finished 9th with 48 points)

11/12 - 8th (The records of where we finished this season were lost it seems)

Shows how tight the middle of the league has always been. A few points either way seem to make a massive difference :lol:

So on average we should finish 9th or 10th I suppose.

I'm going for 9th :)

With the squad as it stands - 14th.

The midfield might have some passing and flair but could get outmuscled, and the same is true for the defence if Clarke is going to the mainstay at centre back (can't get over how Carroll destroyed him when we lost at Newcastle 6-1...). And I'm not sure the goals will be flying in either.

Hey ho, in Lambert we trust.

Desperately need 2/3 more players. A Wide player and a Left back are a must.

If we dont sign anyone, cant see us finishing any higher than 12th.

If we do sign a couple of quality players before the end of the window, 8th-10th.

In terms of cup runs, all depends on the draws. That said, Id be more confident of going to places like Anfield and White Hart lane with Lambert in charge as he may actually try and win the games.

Big couple of weeks for us in the transfer market. I have no idea how much money is available but Ive always thought for Lambert to come to Villa, he must have been promised a decent amount of money and he has hardly spent anything yet.

UTV

Got shouted down in a different thread for saying that I didnt think this season would be as great as others were suggesting. See a few more people appear to have taken off their rose coloured specs.

League. 16th or 17th.

LC Semi final

FAC. Final.

Above all UTV.

It's hard to second guess who might come in before the end of August. But based on what we have right now i'm going for

League : 12-10th

FA Cup : 5th round

League Cup : Quarters

We desperately need a left back, winger and forward. And a strong dominant central midfielder wouldn't go amis either

Just can't see Randy funding it. So far all signs point to penny pinching again and trying to do it on the cheap

Regarding my earlier post predicting we will finish with 52 points this season. I thought I'd see where 52 points would have gotten us throughout the past Premier League seasons.

(Based on also having a better goal difference than any other club with 52 points that season)

I've put how we actually did in brackets on the side.

92/93 - 14th (Finished 2nd with 74 points)

93/94 - 13th (Finished 10th with 57 points)

94/95 - 12th (Finished 18th with 48 points)

95/96 - 10th (Finished 4th with 63 points)

96/97 - 9th (Finished 5th with 61 points)

97/98- 11th (Finished 7th with 57 points)

98/99 - 8th (Finished 6th with 55 points)

99/00 - 11th (Finished 6th with 58 points)

00/01 - 9th (Fnished 8th with 54 points)

01/02 - 8th (We finished 8th that season but with 50 points. We'd beat ourselves :) )

02/03 - 8th (Finished 16th with 45 points, below Blues :( )

03/04 - 9th (Finished 6th with 56 points)

04/05 - 8th (Finished 10th with 47 points)

05/06 - 10th (Finished 16th with 42 points)

06/07 - 10th (Finished 11th with 50 points)

07/08 - 10th (Finished 6th with 60 points)

08/09 - 8th (Finished 6th with 62 points)

09/10 - 9th (Finished 6th with 64 points. So O' Neill was improving 2 points at a time, the Noahs' Ark madman)

10/11 - 8th (Finished 9th with 48 points)

11/12 - 8th (The records of where we finished this season were lost it seems)

Shows how tight the middle of the league has always been. A few points either way seem to make a massive difference :lol:

So on average we should finish 9th or 10th I suppose.

I'm going for 9th :)

Might as well do an average for the cups.

League

We've won it five times and got to the final eight times out of a 52 (Spookily the same number as my league points prediction...coincidence? Yes) possible times

So I'm saying

Fourth round

F.A.

We've won it 7 times and got to the final 10 times out of a possible 131 times so I'm saying -

Quarter finals.

if Clarke is going to the mainstay at centre back (can't get over how Carroll destroyed him when we lost at Newcastle 6-1...).

Do you think in almost two years he may have learnt from that?? bit harsh to hold it against him now.

My prediction, I think we'll be a surprise package and finish comfortably in the top half.

if Clarke is going to the mainstay at centre back (can't get over how Carroll destroyed him when we lost at Newcastle 6-1...).

Do you think in almost two years he may have learnt from that?? bit harsh to hold it against him now.

I still think to this day that was the flukiest hat-trick Carroll will ever get, there were some sloppy goals and Clark did not get destroyed. It was terrible deending from the midfield through to defence and he was not completely to blame.

League 10th - possibly up to 8th depending on a couple more coming in.

League Cup- QF

FA Cup- lose to Utd to keep with tradition, round 5.

Looking forward to better football, and having a go at teams instead of running scared from some.

Â