Ron Vlaar

irreverentad

Personally think Vlaar will be a united player by the end of this transfer window.

I don't. It's too late.

Only way I see it happening is if they offer silly money for him (which I guess is a possibility)

How is it too late? United in a crisis, LVG knows Vlaar and rates him and needs someone experienced to sort out the defence, even if it takes £10m I can see them doing it, they are over paying for everyone this summer why stop now?

Obviously I hope this doesn't happen but I feel it will.

How is it too late? United in a crisis, LVG knows Vlaar and rates him and needs someone experienced to sort out the defence, even if it takes £10m I can see them doing it, they are over paying for everyone this summer why stop now?

Villa will not sell for £10million at this point in time, as it makes no business sense to them to do so.

Villa will absolutely snap their hands off at 10 mil, not to mention if there's a formal bid from Man U his head will likely be turned anyway.

Agree with you there, if it is to happen I hope it's not on the last day and we don't get to spend the money on replacements

Villa will not sell for £10million at this point in time, as it makes no business sense to them to do so.

Sell for £10m and give Lambo £3m for a replacement that's a nice little profit for Lerner.

However I don't think the Manure board will think that Ron is a 'big' enough name for them and at £10m maybe too cheap?

Villa will absolutely snap their hands off at 10 mil, not to mention if there's a formal bid from Man U his head will likely be turned anyway. 

I think you are underestimating Villa here.

Benteke's s head was turned was it not, we refused to do a deal with Spurs unless they matched our fee.

Downing's head was turned was it not, we only accepted 20million.

Young in his last season, we managed to do a deal with United at 16million.

Barry we managed to do a deal with City for 12million with one year remaining.

Vlaar is an important player as well as the captain, if you think 5 days before the deadline, we'd do a deal for 10million, I really do doubt it.

How do 3 out of 4 examples of Villa not being able to keep the player prove your point? 10 mil for a player bought for 3 with one year left on his contract would be good deal. If your valuation of Vlaar is 20 mil, then I believe you're way off. We'll know in less than a week. 

For the record, I don't expect Man U to be interested in him, I think he's more likely to stay, but if he's being sold to anyone I'd expect the fee to be in the 7-10 mil range. 

Because we don't have time to find a replacement, and losing Vlaar could mean relegation, and I don't think I'm being overly dramatic there.

So I'd like to think Lambert/Villa would be strong enough to say no, it's too late.

However, like I said, silly money makes people do silly things

• Like 1

Benteke's s head was turned was it not, we refused to do a deal with Spurs unless they matched our fee.

Vlaar is an important player as well as the captain, if you think 5 days before the deadline, we'd do a deal for 10million, I really do doubt it.

Fair points above I just hope he doesn't say he wants to leave and a bid comes in and the situation changes, I hope he commits to Villa I really do.

15M to 20M could be on the table given the utter desperate state of manure and their new manager .  Not sure they are going to get a better defender want to go there without champions league football unless they break the british record again for the second time in a week.  I dont think people realise just how much of a shambles they are now comparatively speaking.  I would not be at all surprised if they wanted Ron they offered stupid cash

• Like 1

It would be utter madness to accept £10m at this point in time from a club who have said themselves have unlimited transfer funds and are deep in the brown stuff.

He's a very important player for us. Maybe we have a replacement lined up should a suitable offer come in. Who knows.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if Lambert as he did with Benteke didn't have a cutoff date for selling as he'd need time for a replacement. Luckily I think LVG is a stubborn manager and don't think last nights result will force him into buying some one he doesn't want. If he wanted Vlaar I'd have expected a move earlier as you'd imagine it'd be the easiest to do. Him not playing tonight though will fuel the flames even though his injured!

It would be smart of United to buy him ..but then you look at what they have done since Fergie left and nothing seems smart about their player purchasing.They seemed obsessed with paying huge fee's on marque signings rather than building a team.

I think you are underestimating Villa here. Benteke's s head was turned was it not, we refused to do a deal with Spurs unless they matched our fee.Downing's head was turned was it not, we only accepted 20million.Young in his last season, we managed to do a deal with United at 16million.Barry we managed to do a deal with City for 12million with one year remaining. Vlaar is an important player as well as the captain, if you think 5 days before the deadline, we'd do a deal for 10million, I really do doubt it.

How do 3 out of 4 examples of Villa not being able to keep the player prove your point? 10 mil for a player bought for 3 with one year left on his contract would be good deal. If your valuation of Vlaar is 20 mil, then I believe you're way off. We'll know in less than a week.  For the record, I don't expect Man U to be interested in him, I think he's more likely to stay, but if he's being sold to anyone I'd expect the fee to be in the 7-10 mil range.

I think you've missed the point in those examples did Villa sell on the cheap? Vlaar this season is worth more than 10million to Aston Villa.

Can't see United buying Vlaar now. Man United weren't playing with their 3 best center backs last night. People are well over exaggerating yesterday's loss which was pretty much an under 21 team plus wellbeck, Evans and Hernandez.

Yes but apart from Benteke all those players left and suitable replacements were never brought. As you point out if the player wants to go we seem to have very fight in us these days and if Ron wants to go  can't see us stopping him especaially to a club where fees are not an issue?

Â