General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Just thought I'd give you some feedback from the Sunderland delegation on Saturday. I believe you were speaking to the husband of one of the directors. He was the one who got all excited when you approached him and gushed "You must be THE GENERAL that I've been hearing about." Needless to say, being surrounded by Sunderland fans in my office this week has been excruciating. However, Bernie (the guy you met) has nothing but good things to say about our club and the way things have changed at Villa Park. He also told me that the "Krulak Model" (his words, not mine) of interacting with supporters is ground-breaking, and something they will be looking at implementing.

He also said that you didn't look like the sort of guy he would want to get into a fight with. Which is always nice to hear :)

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General

I was wondering if you could give us some more information about the policing arrangements for the small heath game. The villa site is suggesting we should turn up early as Witton Lane will be blocked off. Will this be the case after the game too? It would be really useful to know which way we will be able to walk and when - especially because the majority of fans will be wanting to get away quickly after the match.

Thankyou.

General Krulak here:

1. b23avfc: YOU are one helluva slueth!! Yes, that is me...and the female bunny is none other than Mrs "K"...the 5-star general in our house.

2. Thanks for the words re. the Sunderland fan. I only wish we had pummelled them!! I am still sick over the game...absolutely unable to eat and keep it down.

3. The security for the upcoming Derby is currently being coordinated with the police, tranportation folks, and Villa. There is no question that we want this game to go...and go with minimum disturbance. I wish I could say that we won't have any problems but I would be a fool to do so. You raise a very good point...we need to get info out to our fans as to what to expect from a security standpoint. As soon as we have it sorted, I will encourage the Club to put details on the official web site.

4. At the present time, both Randy and I anticipate being at the game. I will sit the entire game in our fan stands...to get a full sense of the spirit.

General Krulak here:

4. At the present time, both Randy and I anticipate being at the game. I will sit the entire game in our fan stands...to get a full sense of the spirit.

Hi General, good to hear you will be leading the choir. You have mentioned before that you consider our club to be a family. I really think you should prepare yourself to be dissappointed with the behaviour of your new family. The meetings with our friends from down the road are never pleasant. The atmosphere will be intimidating at best and probably very ugly and we will not cover ourselves in glory. I hope your faith in us will remain after the game.

Keep the faith

Hi General,

Would it be possible to have a white border on the crest on the home jersey?

CURRENT CREST

new-villa-badge.gif

PROPOSED CREST

aston-villa-crest.jpg

I think the white border gives the crest more of a pop and would look better against the claret background of the home jersey. Like in the below picture the crest border doesn't really stand despite the lighter shade of claret used.

villa.jpg

General Krulak here:

1. I recognize that the Derby will bring out emotions that are foreign to those normally encountered at a football game...UK or US. At the same time, I would hope that those minority of fans who fail to understand that their actions cause damage to the reputation of the Aston Villa Football Club will be truly be few in numbers. There are many kinds of risk but reputational risk is the most damaging. By the way, I am not avoiding anyone by not sitting in the Director's Box...I just think it will be a better game watching from the stands.

2. My sense is that we will keep the badge as is....too soon to change again. I couldn't take it. :winkold:

1. I recognize that the Derby will bring out emotions that are foreign to those normally encountered at a football game...UK or US. At the same time, I would hope that those minority of fans who fail to understand that their actions cause damage to the reputation of the Aston Villa Football Club will be truly be few in numbers. There are many kinds of risk but reputational risk is the most damaging. By the way, I am not avoiding anyone by not sitting in the Director's Box...I just think it will be a better game watching from the stands.

General, you'll have a great time. I'm sure you won't hear any words you haven't heard from the marines. Just different accents!

Hi General

Do you know if the Holte Suite will be open before and after the small heath game as usual?

Obviously with things likely to be 'heated' in the area around the ground, especially after we've won :winkold:, it'd be handy to be able to have a celebratory pint or two and let things calm down before travelling home.

Gen

Can I pass on a suggestion. I have just finished decorating my sons bedroom in Villa stuff. One wall of Villa wallpaper, the other three "Villa blue", the Villa curtains, bedspread, lightshade and then I bought a poster of teh crest and got it framed.

The thing is, after these basic items, there is nothing else to buy - we must be missing out on massive commercial revenue because we haven't hardly got any range - it's 0.1% of the stuff Man U did.

For suggestions, I wanted to get him a Villa bean bag - but we don't do it, I then asked about these "game chairs" - chairs that are like car seats, that you can sit in to play the playstation etc.. - don't do them, asked for a clock - stopped doing them, Villa money box - don't do them, do we do a framed shirt signed by the players (would cost a bit but I would've looked at getting it) - no, how about player wall stickers (life size) www.wallbangers.com do them , but not Vila players, no - don't do them - and the list went on and on......,

Can we employ someone with good merchandising experience to bring our range into the 21st century (pay me enough and I'll do it)

General Krulak here:

1. We plan to have all our normal activities and locations open for business before and after game.

2. paulanddonya: Next time you are at Villa Park, stop in the store and speak with John Greenwood and give him your suggestions. He would be most happy to hear what you have to say. As for someone with good merchandising experience, we do, in fact, have several of those. Understand that achieving scale is important in this business...and we are trying to do just that.

Hi General, i didnt recieve an answer to my previous question so i was wondering i you could PM me some contact details for someone invoved with Villa in the community. I will graduate in the next couple of months and will be conducting a placement with WBA again and would love to arrange a placement at villa to add to my experiance and gain more insight into working with the community.

General,

I have been searching the official site for details of stadium tours and the corner flag restaurant. I am interested in making a group booking for a tour and meal on a Sunday. Unless i am looking in the wrong place i can't find details anywhere. Surely this is the sort of detail that should be readily available on the site? Tour times and prices, restaurant opening hours, sample menus, wine list, prices etc. I'm sure if this was more widely visible more people would book.

For suggestions, I wanted to get him a Villa bean bag - but we don't do it, I then asked about these "game chairs" - chairs that are like car seats, that you can sit in to play the playstation etc.. - don't do them, asked for a clock - stopped doing them, Villa money box - don't do them, do we do a framed shirt signed by the players (would cost a bit but I would've looked at getting it) - no, how about player wall stickers (life size) www.wallbangers.com do them , but not Vila players, no - don't do them - and the list went on and on......,

Click here for AVFC clocks

General,

I have been searching the official site for details of stadium tours and the corner flag restaurant. I am interested in making a group booking for a tour and meal on a Sunday. Unless i am looking in the wrong place i can't find details anywhere. Surely this is the sort of detail that should be readily available on the site? Tour times and prices, restaurant opening hours, sample menus, wine list, prices etc. I'm sure if this was more widely visible more people would book.

Business Villa.

General, i posted this and was told to forward it onto to you, its regarding the online store

this is the third time ive ordered something from the online store only to be sent either the wrong item, a peice of clothing the wrong size or in this case, a product that just isnt what it says it is.

the item in question is a AVFC grey flock print hoodey, i have other hoodys/jumpers that ive brought from villa village, all in sixe XL that fit perfect, not tight, but not to baggy, so i wanted something thats a bit looser and decided to go for the XXL, as im pretty broad shouldered and being pretty tall i thought its better to be safe than sorry.

it come this morning, i dont know what size whoever makes these clothes thinks XXL is, but i can only assume they mean "extra extra little", as i can hardly get it over my shoulders, let alone the rest of my torso. i have t-shirts in a sized medium that are bigger than this hoodey. really disapointed with this.

if you could question the size guide that the makers of this product have, or forward the email address of these people to me, i would happy to follow this up with them.

cheers mate