General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

Hi General

I was reading a Blackburn message board, seeing what there view of the game was, and there were a couple of posts regarding the stadium.

Haven't been to Villa Park in a while. Today underlined the growing gulf between some PL clubs. Villa Park is claret and blue everywhere. There's no ground advertising, other than the pitch-side thing, no fish & chip shops doing player sponsorship. It looks a big club going places. Certainly made me wonder where we are going? Strange really. Manchester City have a spanking new stadium that looks like nothing, gives no sense of intimidation or atmosphere. Villa Park has been rebuilt but has retained the feel of a football ground."

Agreed...it's a fantastic venue.

Obviously we're aware of the work thats gone on at Villa Park but it's great to see that 'outsiders' also see the improvements.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. gavilla828: I know it won't help your son much but please tell him that a Marine General and a Director of the Aston Villa Football Club is very sorry that the Villa Players had to cancel their appearance at his school. I am sure there was a very good reason for this because we try to honour all of our committments. Tell him I will try and find out exactly what happened. MOST IMORTANTLY, tell him I am personally sorry and apologize to him and his mates. :oops:

2. Catering: as you can imagine, we try to keep up on the catering issues every game. We have people moving thru all the stands and all the concourses to see how we are doing...the good and the bad. I will take your comments and pass them on to Alison Plant and her people. I will say this....Alison and her Team have made a HUGE effort to get the catering to where we want it and the fans deserve. We are not always 100% successful but I can assure you we are trying.

3. Movement of the games: Please understand that we are as surprised as you all when a game is moved. There are many reasons for movement of the games and if I tried to list them all, it would just look like excuses. At the same time, I think you all recognize that such things as Cup competition can make an impact on the schedule. As certain teams progress, it has a knock on effect around the premiership. Many people are far more interested in watching Premiership games on the telly than something else. Fortunately or unfortunately, Aston Villa Football Club is becoming more and more of a "draw" on the telly. People want to see Barry, Gabby, Young, "Big John", "Hokey Cokey", Laursen, etc. etc. etc. They want to see MON roaming the sidelines and firing up his Squad. They want to see what this "up and coming" Club is all about. TV wants to show the Villa. A couple of years ago, we were not a "draw"...now we are. None of this is to "excuse" the movement of games, just to try and g :oops: ive one person's opinion of what might be happening. AGAIN, if a fan has a problem with the change in schedule, PLEASE contact Nicky Keye and let her know so she can help sort out the problem. BELIEVE ME, we want to be fair...we don't want to hurt our fans.

Gen

Not gonna bore you with the details but a steward come up and told me the club had received a written complaint regarding me having my son on my lap, , and that I cannot do it (even though in the immediate 8 seats around me (back, side and front) three kids so exactly the same), so I now have to leave my 7 yr old to fend for himself....

Really soured yesterday, my son was crying most of the first half coz he thought he was in trouble, I'm livid !!! - can you tell me who I would contact to take this up - I would like to be given a copy of the complaint to see if it was genuine - or an over efficious steward.

Thanks

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. Paulanddonya: I am perplexed as to the issue with your son...someone complained that you were holding him on your lap? Can you give me some additional data on this one...include in your pm to me re. your Mum.

General, I would just like to congratulate you and the board on the special ticket deals the club is doing for the less attractive games like Reading and Blackburn.

It has been superb to see the attendances at 38k+ for these two games and I think it is a great way to get fans back in the habit of coming down the Villa.

When I went to the Reading home match I only paid £15 for the ticket in the Upper North Stand but spent over £70 in the club shop as a result of being at the game! :clap:

Hi General,

I thought this would be a good place to flag up the following issue, as I have no idea who to go to with this.

After the Blackburn game I noticed that there is an extra row of car parking spaces directly outside the Holte Suite. The result is that fans could hardly move as they made their way out of the ground, and it was a bit of a crush, with people moving in opposite directions between Trinity Road and Witton Lane. Before the extra row was put in, there was plenty of space in this area. I can't help but feel that safety is being compromised here for the sake of an extra row of spaces, though I'm sure that such a compromise would not be intended. Anyway, I suspect this is something you would at least want to review with the relevant officials.

Many thanks.

HI General,

I know the news of Oll leaving was expected, but a lot of the fans would love the last game of the season to say thanks. Im not sure whether you are aware, when Dennis Bergkamp had his last game for Arsenal, the had a "Holland" day which was a huge success and Dennis saying how much it meant to him, maybe a "Sweden" day for Olly? Handing out Yellw and Blue sheets of paper so we can hold them up in the shape of a Sweden flag and little things for him?

General Krulak here:

1. I will be off the site until Friday. I will be going to Board Meetings in Phoenix and Omaha. "I shall return."

2. Parking outside the Holte. I will look into it. As you know, parking is at a premium at the park and we are constantly looking at ways to increase the spaces. I will check into this but I would imagine it was done to increase parking....by the way, were some of the spaces for disabled parking? We are trying to increase that.

3. We will try to honour all those who have given much to our Team.

Hi General,

Apologies if you have already answered this but this is my first post on here.

Are there any plans for villa tv on satellite like arsenal, manu, chelsea?

I live up in cumbria and struggle to get to many matches but would love to see live games if at all possible. (any other suggestions?)

By the way i think it is awesome that you take time to read and answer all these messages, giving us villa fans a direct link to the club.

Makes us feel apreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Hi General,

I am going over to the match against Newcastle from Norway. As haven't bought this years shirt yet, I has a question regarding the sale n shirts: Will it still be on sale for the day of the match, 09.02? As the delivery is quite expensive if it shall be sent to Norway in time for the game, it would save me some money if it stil was on sale then.

If u can't answer this, do you know someone at the club that can?

Thanks for your time.

-Anders-

Hello General

Boards at clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool, promised them a lot but have got there clubs into debt and faced a fan backlash.

Im very happy with things at Villa Park atm (except lack of transfer activity) but do you think we have the right people to ever prevent the same sort of thing happening?

I know Randy has used his own money to run the club over the past 2 years, but we cant relie on his money forever. And i was just wondering, if Randy was to up and leave tomorrow morning, would the club as a whole be financially stable also?

Hi General.

Do you or Randy know much about the new Derby owners?

The media seem keen to link them to being more like Randy than the muppets up at Liverpool/Man U.

Good to see the hard work Randy does is not unoticed by the media too!!

General,

Does the current American financial 'crisis' have a knock on effect to AVFC?

From memory, the General has already answered the same question posted a few weeks ago. His answer was along the lines of no, the current American financial 'crisis' will NOT have a knock on effect to AVFC.

I guess this means Randy won't need to sell any U.S. property or shares in order to financially support the club. Nice! 8)

General Krulak here:

1. I will be off the site until Friday. I will be going to Board Meetings in Phoenix and Omaha. "I shall return."

Nice move General given some of the over the top panic that is building up on this site and is likely to erupt over the next 3 days.

General,

I don't know if you've seen Pat Murphy's article in the local paper about how Randy should speak to the media more. If not, i'll just let you know it's bitter drivel, and please pass on to Randy that I and every Villa fan I know fully respects and admires the fact he's a private man not given to showing off...even if some journalists are complaining that they don't get the interviews they used to.

If I were Randy, I'd be barring Murphy from Villa Park for good. I actually don't expect Randy to do that - because I know he's a far better man than me!