General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. I will be off the site for two days as I travel to the UK for the Inter game.

2. Let's face it, there are always going to be a few away fans who get into the stadium and sit where we don't want them to sit. We are taking all sorts of precautions to ensure that doesn't happen but none of us are naive...it will happen. Some will sit in "Sponsor" boxes...as guests of a sponsor. Not much we can do about that. We can certainly require them to be courteous and respectful of the stadium they are in. If a Season Ticket holder brings an away fan to the stadium, it would be expected that the Season Ticket holder "control" the antics of the friend. The key, of course, is that the vast, vast, majority of away fans will sit in their own section.

3. As I have indicated, I will be getting a full brief on the new web site this weekend and will ask the question re. Villa World.

4. Nicky Keye has "withheld" a certain number of tickets for the Liverpool game for folks who have yet to purchase their season tickets. My recommendation is to get your season tickets now...do not wait and "hope" for a one game discount because I cannot promise that will happen so early in the season.

5. I am not sure who owns that car other than to say it is not Randy's.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Safe journey General and as far as the car is concerned I'd have been amazed if it was Randys, he doesn't appear to go in for ostentatious glorification unlike his predecessor

hi General, i see there is a new sign on the North stand is there any chance of a lick of paint on the stand as it will cost not a lot and the make the brand new sign stand out more Thanx for your time :winkold:

Villa till we die

Hi Gen

Two things

I'm sure this has been asked before but don't remember the reply. Do Villa still own the AV floodlights , and if so, can we have them back - not for game use but for aesthetic (if thats how you spell it) purposes - to us Villa fans, they were our twin towers (Wembley I mean, not New york !).

With 24k season ticket sales & Scouse being sold out - a better year this year and we should be somewhere around 38/39k average - is there a trigger point where if we start reaching averages we will look at increasing capacity, or is it a real case of play it by ear. As, if we have a 5 yr plan, it would be a bit of a shame to host champions league games with only three stands whilst the other is being rebuilt !!

The A. V. floodlights were shocking when they brought them down. If they had not taken them down they would have fallen! Battery acid was leaking and the structure was rotten. They were scrapped as far as i know.

some posts deleted. please keep to Comments and Q&A for the General. We do this to minimise the posts he has to look through to find the questions and suggestions etc. and for people to find answers to their questions. If GK wants to look at general chat, humour, opinion etc there's all the other threads on the site. It's just the way we do it, here. Might be right, might be wrong, but that's the way it is. Ta. Blandy

General Krulak here:

2. Some will sit in "Sponsor" boxes...as guests of a sponsor. Not much we can do about that. We can certainly require them to be courteous and respectful of the stadium they are in.

The seats im talking about aren't the 'box' seats, they're the ones in the middle of the North Stand.

~I understand what you say though and that its hard to police them, its just at some games, (West Ham and Man City seem to be the worst) some of the 'guests' are the sort of fans that no club wants in the groound. and #i have to listen to them for the whole 90mins.

Was at VP today General, its all looking very impressive and if not quite ready for the new season, love the look of the New Holte (pub), pitch looked in good nick (though no lines as of yet...). Like the new signage around the place as well, not totally finished yet but the new badge certainly looks good up there. Interesting to hear that Randy doesn't like to sit in what used to be the chairman's seat in the directors box because he feels it draws too much attention on him, can't help but like the guy. Don't think I've ever been to Villa Park 2 days in a row before so that'll be good. The woman who does the tours (can't remember her name) is a real credit to the club. I'd highly recommend the tour to anyone by the way, I'll post some pictures in another thread later.

They were putting up the new sponsor boards round the pitch today and we were wondering how much that actually increased advertising revenue, is it quite significant or only slight?

Also one most quick question for you that doesn't need acting upon, or looking into at all, which makes a change. I was talking to a mate the other day and can't remember how we got onto it (must have been quite bored!) but we wondered what Randy called you, everyone here calls you General, but I assume Randy doesn't...

General Sir - Good to see the continued dialogue.

Quick question re. the Hollte Hotel. My eldest daughter is on a year long round the world trip, she has told us when she gets back part of the welcome home Dad things I have to do is pay for her wedding!. We discussed using Villa Park as a venue and as a Villa fan she's pretty keen on all of this. We got the details sent through from the club, but its noticeable that the Holte Hotel isn't included as one of the potential venues. Will this be the case?

p.s. of course you can have an invite :-)

General,

I'm just wonedring if there is going to be a ladies version of the new kit released at some point? I only ask because my sister would like one and after a quick look on the online club shop I can't see it anywhere, although I may have completely missed it.

Cheers.

General,

Thanks for your continued interaction on forums such as this. Much appreciated.

As the rebranding of Villa continues apace, with the improvements in Villa Park such as the LED advertising, new signage etc, are any plans afoot to replace the dugout seats with those bucket seats you see in many other grounds such as Old Trafford etc

Hi general. loved the game today. im not trying to be negative but just wondered a few things.

some points on the game and ground if i can!

1. Does villa pick the refs for friendlies?? if so NEVER pick Rennie again pretty please.

2. Queues for beer. Maybe changing all output to bottled beer like on the baguette stands would speed this up. also making sure the women on the counter can count to 10 would be awesome.

3. When is the new food been rolled out for games? the food today was pretty poor.

4. is there plans to put new logo on the inside of each of the stands?

thanks. UTV

Hi General,

Terrific game today and the atmosphere for a friendly was cracking.

I wonder if you can answer this question for me. I am a ST holder in the HE. My ticket for todays game was in the Trinity. When I put the card in the machine it wouldn't accept it. I had purchased a ticket and i was told by the ticket office at the time that the ST's would be programmed for each of the stands. Can you find out why there was a problem, it wasn't just me but other people were stranded outside as well.

Cheers

Grievemeister

General

Can nothing be done to allow smokers outside at half time?

Surely there could be a designated exit in each stand where some kind of paper ticket (like the Holte suite) or a 'hand stamp' (like nightclubs are doing), so people can quickly nip out?

I would have thought it wil put a lot of people off going in the ground early, and the current situation just means people are going in the toilets to smoke!!

General

Surely there could be a designated exit in each stand where some kind of paper ticket (like the Holte suite) or a 'hand stamp' (like nightclubs are doing), so people can quickly nip out?

I would have thought it wil put a lot of people off going in the ground early, and the current situation just means people are going in the toilets to smoke!!

Yeah there were loads in the toilet General- something needs to be done to let them out, or the club could get a hefty fine.

General

Its only a suggestion but seeing that it is illegal - can't they just go another 45 minutes without having one !!!!, Gen - speak with the council and ask an enforcement officer to work , a) it would solve the problem B) they may earn enough in fines to put the council tax down !!.