General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Villa funds our new store, not Nike.

2. Villa gear will eventually make it to the Nike store in Chicago but I doubt if it will get there on the 9th.

3. The 3rd kit you are talking about is probably the "training" kit...or the "far-away" kit. I cannot say what it will look like at this time.

4. Randy and I will be at the Inter game.

5. We are working on phone issue.

6. Web Site: I have been in communications with the folks working on the site. We expected it to be up and running this month or end of last month but it looks like mid-September now. I wish it were sooner but if it takes a bit more time to get it right, then so be it. I have asked them to give me an overall sense of what the improvements will be and I will post them when they get back to me.

Hi General,

I've got an idea regarding season tickets, but I don't know how practical it is so I'll just say it anyway.

Basically, like me, I'm sure many Villa fans will end up missing a game because of holidays, etc. My idea is to re-sell the tickets. As season ticket holders we contact Villa, letting them know which game/s we can't make it to, and Villa re-sell our seats for this game/s. Villa keep half the money from the new ticket sale, and we, as the season ticket holder receive the other half...

Let me know what you think....Keep up the good work!!!

Hi General,

At one of the SCGs last season Richard Fitzgerald and Nicky Keye mentioned that Villa were looking at setting up a system similar to Chelsea and Man Utd where season ticket holders could sell on unwanted tickets at face value to other registered villa fans online. They said that it probably wouldn't be up and running anytime soon but could you update us on any progress?

General Krulak here:

1. We are currently working on a "re-sale" scheme that will be legal and beneficial to all concerned.

2. Ticket issue with phones: Because we did not want Liverpool fans sitting "around the stadium", we did not put any on ticketmaster or any other general sale capability. All sales had to come thru Villa Ticketing folks. For the first time in a LOOOONG time, our stadium will be filled with our fans....and Liverpool fans will be "relegated" to a specific section in the park

2. Ticket issue with phones: Because we did not want Liverpool fans sitting "around the stadium", we did not put any on ticketmaster or any other general sale capability. All sales had to come thru Villa Ticketing folks. For the first time in a LOOOONG time, our stadium will be filled with our fans....and Liverpool fans will be "relegated" to a specific section in the park

If this is the case will Stewards actually throw out Liverpool fans if they are in the home end - something that hasn't happened in the past.

General,

Your be pleased to know that I'm bringing my little sister to her first ever game on Saturday. The reason I mention it is because my younger brother supports Spurs BUT with everything that I've told her about the great things coming out of the Villa I have persuaded (no money involved) her to join the Villa community. It's going to cost me probably another season ticket but it's so worth while.

Up the villa

If this is the case will Stewards actually throw out Liverpool fans if they are in the home end - something that hasn't happened in the past.

My comment is that I hope the club doesn't throw out well behaved peaceful fans, whoever they support. If for example I wanted a friend/relative/child who supports Liverpool to come to the game, as a guest then if they behaved, I'd be appalled if they were ejected, sitting peacefully next to me.

I hope the club never adopts that kind of approach. That said, if people misbehave, antagonise, cause problems for home supporter, then I'd want the stewards to act and remove them.

I think actively supporting the away team ie cheering, singing songs, applauding etc, then regardless how peaceful they are being, they should be removed.

I have suffered many times with this problem over the last few seasons, and as it is against club policy to have away fans in the home end, they should be removed regardless.

If the club wanted to adopt a 'family/mixed support' area, then I'd be all for it.

But as far as I know, we do not have this option.

Pics nobody has thanked me for yet ;)

Just kidding'... But I do want to back up the concern regarding Stewards not removing away fans in home stands. This needs serious attention. It has been going on for far too long and we are usually the ones victimised by the stewards, not the away fans who from my experience receive more consideration. Of course, not all stewards are unfair but this issue needs addressing.

Thanks General for your continued efforts.

My comment is that I hope the club doesn't throw out well behaved peaceful fans, whoever they support. If for example I wanted a friend/relative/child who supports Liverpool to come to the game, as a guest then if they behaved, I'd be appalled if they were ejected, sitting peacefully next to me.

I hope the club never adopts that kind of approach. That said, if people misbehave, antagonise, cause problems for home supporter, then I'd want the stewards to act and remove them.

That is a good point, my wife unfortunately supports Chelsea despite all my best efforts (I've bought her to a few games/ not Chelsea). If I wanted to take her to see us beat Chelsea where would be the best place for us to sit. Is there any kind of policy on this, I know you used to be able to sit in the North stand upper if you kept quiet.

That is a good point, my wife unfortunately supports Chelsea despite all my best efforts (I've bought her to a few games/ not Chelsea). If I wanted to take her to see us beat Chelsea where would be the best place for us to sit. Is there any kind of policy on this, I know you used to be able to sit in the North stand upper if you kept quiet.

anywhere really Neil. Probably "safer" if not in the Holte, but i've taken supporters of toher clubs into the Holte before without a problem (i know they're not eeejuts though and won't cause a problem or draw attention to themselves).

So i'd imagine you're OK to sit anywhere really with your missus as long as she's "discreet"! :)

OK thank you for the polite response. I was not going to take her into the Holte, I was just wondering if their are any less volatile areas. I doubt she'd start barracking the home fans, otherwise I'd chuck her out personally. It's a tricky one really as I can't buy myself a ticket and get one for her in a totally different stand, she'd go nuts! I suppose I'll just have to not go if it upsets some fans so much.

General as of last season the kiosks didnt sell cider, just Carling. At Stoke last night they sold bitter, lager cider etc.

Anyway the cider they sold is brewed by a company here in Aston, Aston Manor. So the question is can we sell cider as well as beer from now on, and why not help out the local community and link up with Aston Manor?