General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General,

Ive heard something on this site about new Chants and I wondered wether it'd be good to get some of the cleaner chants printed onto a page in the Programmes at home. So that first time fans and even some of the more experienced fans no what there singing wether it be in the Holte or North!!!

Secondly, Im big with the Browns in the States and I hear that they do a huge celebration at the end of every season, was the '82 Reunion (Sheffield Utd Game) an example of this? If so will there be something like this next year?

Also, will there be any changes in regards to Villa Park itself over the next season, Ive heard rumours of changing the badge on the Doug Ellis Stand to Changing Flapgs on the Flagpoles!!!

Thanks for everything General!

Josh!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

roven by the tattoo of our Badge on his ankle. If ANYONE wants to question whether Randy is in this for the long term, just think of that tattoo!!

I hope he waited until the badge had been re-designed before getting it done!

General, where did you dissapear off to yesterday? we were all awaiting your arrival and then you appeared behind us in the Crew stadium but before we could nab you to get in a photo with us and our spectacular New York Villans flag *poof* you were gone!

Hello General, hope you have a nice summer so far.

2 questions

1. I love the new nike shirt, and I would like to know if there is anyway I could buy the shirt without the bet red logo. I hate wearing big logo in the middle of the shirt.

2. How good / big is our scouting network ? I mean would our scout know who/how good is Boca Junior right back or Sampdoria goalkeeper for example. Seem Martin O'Neill need more options to choose for our squad. Should we look into improving it.

Ive heard something on this site about new Chants and I wondered wether it'd be good to get some of the cleaner chants printed onto a page in the Programmes at home. So that first time fans and even some of the more experienced fans no what there singing wether it be in the Holte or North!!!

Same question. Spread the chants and build the atmosphere at Villa Park. But we need the clubs help and support.

General

I may have said this before but is there any chance of an Australian tour

LT You have asked about 5 times :lol: and the General did reply that there are no plans at the moment.

General Krulak here:

1. As I think I have mentioned before, we have someone putting together many documents, photos, DVD's etc., to go into a museum for the Club. We are also working on a DVD for the '82 Celebration of last year. None of this is an "overnight" project. We are working steadily but not without some thinking about what we are doing.

2. Naldy: I will be at Villa Park this weekend and look at the fence painting.

3. I really would rather not have the Club devise the Chants...I would much rather the Fans do that. If the Club devises the Chants we will have the same old complaints that they are either good or bad. Let's have the fans produce what they want. Browns celebration at end of season. I confess that I have not seen this in action but I will ask about it. Changes at Villa Park. Yes, signage is being upgraded and we are thinking of doing something with Flags...but not sure what yet.

4. The tattoo is a rampant lion...not the entire crest.

5. I was at Columbus Game the entire time...tried to visit every fan area...to include the one's and two's scattered around the stadium. I stayed after the game talking to fans until the players left. Then Randy, MON, Paul Faulkner, and others and I got on bus and left for airfield.

6. I don't think I am the one to ask about MON's scouting system. I do know that they go distances to scout players. I do not think there will be shirts w/o logo.

7. No Australian tour...sorry.

8. My goals for team are pretty simple: 1) play hard for 90+ minutes every single game. Plenty of guts!! 2) be a consistent winner on the Pitch. 3) be recognized as a Club that is up and coming...one that other Squads are concerned about...especially when they visit Villa Park, 4) have the most professional staff in the Premiership...always ready to help out the Fans and support the team. 5) be a leader in the Birmingham and Midlands in all areas, not just football. Looking after children, charities, development, etc. and, last but not least, 6) hold the cup over our heads again.

General.

Are there any plans to extend the capacity of the ticket office? It's great that you are bringing the fans back to Villa Park but it's becoming increasingly difficult to get through to the ticket office on the phone. (Although I should say that once through the staff are always friendly and helpful).

Thanks

5. I was at Columbus Game the entire time...tried to visit every fan area...to include the one's and two's scattered around the stadium. I stayed after the game talking to fans until the players left. Then Randy, MON, Paul Faulkner, and others and I got on bus and left for airfield.

Oh well, next time we'll corner you for a photo and chat. Speaking of next times, we all had a fantastic time with the team over here in the US, synthetic turf aside, was the US tour a success in terms of preperation? and has anyone Randy/Martin mentioned the possibility of returning to this side of the pond next year?

Yep... just to reiterate what TheSufferingVilla said: it was an amazing weekend in Columbus!

Please pass on our thanks to MON and the players for being so accessible and chatty at the reception. One of the greatest nights of my life.

It would be great if something similar could be organised for next year.

Cheers General!

"One General Krulak... there's only one General Krulak!"

Genral,

I have set up a fantasy league for Villa fans, as you are one yourself I thought you may like to join for a bit of fun.

Im sure we'd all be honoured if you entered a team!! Details below;

I have set up a league on:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/index.html

The code to join 'Pedro's premiership' can be obtained via PM as there is a VT league see below

Its free to join and you can change and re-change your team up until 11am on the day of the big kick off!

Or you could join the 60+ other VTers in the villatalk league as mentioned in the opening Post Here LV

Same question. Spread the chants and build the atmosphere at Villa Park. But we need the clubs help and support.

This is a really good idea!! You can feel a bit left out sometimes when you don't know what chants are going on. We're always going to have a big mix of people - those who go to every game and those who may only be able to make a couple of games a season.

Anything that can be done to unite all Villa fans, make those who rarely go feel at home , enjoy the atmosphere and encourage them to get involved can only be a really good thing for the club and ensure we continue to build a strong fan base going forward! Even if we lose the game, if we can get those people involved in the atmosphere so they have a really good day out, then they'll be bursting to get to another game!

Following the general's comments - I don't think we need the club to come up with the chants per se, just to publish them in the programmes. The fans themselves could submit them.

...Following the general's comments - I don't think we need the club to come up with the chants per se, just to publish them in the programmes. The fans themselves could submit them.

Thanks guys, thats exactly what I meant, I just didnt say it right!!!

Oh and just out of interest, is anyone in North Stand Bloack L4 or L5 next season! please don't answer Josh on this thread - anyone who wants to can pm Josh, or use the "where do you sit thread" . thanks. Blandy

To stop there being any bickering between fan and club, have a SCG servey (online serveys etc.) for it. Have the more commented chants on permantly in the section, and the less frequent to be circulated weekly!