General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I work for a company called Micros Fidelio, we provide Property Management Systems and Point of Sale systems to Hotels, Theme Parks, and Sporting Arenas. My question is will Villa be following the trend of football stadia having major till and PMS systems installed?

Recently The New Wembley, The Emirates, The Ricoh Arena,Goodison Park, and we have a contract for Liverpool's new staium - but to name a few.

Thanks

SC

Hi General as you might not have been aware of one of the oldest clubs Scarborough have announced that they are out fo business with huge debts.

Please use short links

Like the nurses is there no way that Aston Villa could try and help them and show the big clubs actually care about the smaller clubs?

Even try and give them a friendly (Reserve team maybe?) at Villa Park and donate the cash to help the club start again?

Just a thought as I would be so upset if something like this happens to us (Thankfully don't think it ever will) But feeling for any Scarbrough fans at moment

Hi General - matchday experience - agree with the guy who said much revolves around beer ! My son and I always get to the (Upper) Holte early and read program, papers, comics whilst looking out the upper windows watching the throng and the last thing we need is extra people there boozing !

Probably too extreme but have you considered playing reserve/ youth team games before kick off ?

After the game is another issue though - why do we all have to leave the ground so quick?, why not open up the kiosks and put the highlights on , or the post match phone in from Radio WM or whatever - save us sitting in traffic....maybe a few seats and even some heating for the winter ? I don't think it's easy to extend the end and maybe this wouldn't do it for many people but that would be something.

Whatever you do or don't do, it's great that at least you're thinking about it.

Hi General as you might not have been aware of one of the oldest clubs Scarborough have announced that they are out fo business with huge debts.

Please use short links

Like the nurses is there no way that Aston Villa could try and help them and show the big clubs actually care about the smaller clubs?

Even try and give them a friendly (Reserve team maybe?) at Villa Park and donate the cash to help the club start again?

Just a thought as I would be so upset if something like this happens to us (Thankfully don't think it ever will) But feeling for any Scarbrough fans at moment

Yeah I'm with Chris on this one General. It takes a man to stand up and be counted. Let Villa lead the way for the smaller clubs. By god the respect and feedback we'll get will be so important for the future of the game. We came up with the concept of the league, so looking after teams I see as a way of saying that Villa isn't like your normal big club.. we care.

General,

I've been trying to set up a supporters club in the North East (Newcastle/Sunderland/Middlesbrough) region, and have emailed the address on the official website a couple of times, but haven't heard anything back. Can you recommend a name for me to call, or the best way to get the ball rolling on this?

Thanks,

Gary.

Let's start with the long term contract for MON. Obviously I cannot talk about that for many reasons but...we all want a longer contract and it should come.

Has any progress been made on MON's contract?

I have fears when news of Wenger giving Arsenal ultimatums about leaving arise as to whether MON might leave.

He is an outstanding manager and will therefore be in great demand, except by the FA who are a bunch of idiots.

To answer for the General - MON's contract is on a rolling basis and as such get automatically renewed ever year until either party says - that's enough. So on Aug 4th (or whenever it was) MON will have another 1 year contract. I think that he has always had this kind of deal throughout his management career.

I believe MON's 'rolling contract' works differently to this, in that there is always 1 year left to the end of MON's contract. At the end of each day an extra day is automatically added. This way, notice of 1 year would need to be given should either party wish to end the contract. In practice MON or Villa would need to pay the value of the contract to end it immediately (you can't force someone to work somewhere they don't want to or are no longer welcome at). I don't see an issue with this. If MON had a 3 year contract for say £6M and he left Villa say 1 year into the 3 years, he would pay Villa £4M in compensation. Using these example figures, this is 'only' £2M more compensation than a 1 year constantly rolling contract. In my opinion, this kind of money wouldn't be anywhere near enough to compensate Villa for his loss anyway. Also, MON could let a 3 year contract run out to nothing, at least his rolling contract always has 1 year left. MON's contract also shows a great deal of trust between Randy and MON. :)

General, could you clarify this matter, please?

Please use short links

Yeah I'm with Chris on this one General. It takes a man to stand up and be counted. Let Villa lead the way for the smaller clubs. By god the respect and feedback we'll get will be so important for the future of the game. We came up with the concept of the league, so looking after teams I see as a way of saying that Villa isn't like your normal big club.. we care.

that would be a great gesture from us...

General ,

Due to the fantastic demand for the lower north stand would the club consider making all the seats available for season ticket purchase ?

This part of the ground will be a very cheap option for away fans to try and sneak in .

Cheers .

I agree on the issue of smaller clubs like Scarborough being forced out of the game. There is so much money in the Premier league nowadays its easy to forget that there are a lot of clubs in the lower leagues that are really struggling.

As founder members of the football league and as a club that speaks very proudly of its history , I agree that it would be great if we could lead some sort of initiative to help save clubs such as Scarborough from going under.

General ,

Due to the fantastic demand for the lower north stand would the club consider making all the seats available for season ticket purchase ?

This part of the ground will be a very cheap option for away fans to try and sneak in .

Cheers .

here here , any chance of some beer for the new north stand army...vending machine or kiosk?

What overhaul can we wxpect vis-a-vis the catering? I know there's a questionnaire on the OS. But what are the plans? Not just the food? But how many kiosks? Situated where?

GENERAL KRULAK HERE...FORGIVE CAPS, I HAVE A BUM RIGHT HAND:

1. AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE WILL HAVE A MUSEUM AT VP AND A STATUE OF WILLIAM M.

2. BANNERS...WE HAVE TAKEN IDEA AND ARE WORKING ON IT.

3. NO RE-NAMING OF STANDS AT THIS TIME.

4. KIT LAUNCH WILL BE AS STATED ON OFFICIAL SITE.

5.RICHARD: COST OF AN ALL "IN-HOUSE" STAFF IS PROHIBITIVE. IT IS NOT JUST THE COMPENSATION BUT, ALSO, THE BENEFITS THAT MAKE THE COST SO HIGH. I CAN ASSURE YOU, NO CLUB RUNS EVERYTHING "IN-HOUSE. IF THEY DO, THEY WILL BE UNDERWATER SOON.

6. I HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE MADE THESE GOOD SUGGESTIONS ON FOOD AND CATERING ON THE SURVEY! THAT IS IMPORTANT.

7. NO DUST UP BETWEEN RL AND DE. JUST 2 BUSINESSMEN TAKING TIME TO REVIEW DEAL. MEDIA WAS WAY OFF BASE!!

8 MON CONTRACT...I SHOULD NOT DISCUSS. IT IS BETWEEN MON AND RL.

9. RON PAUL'S CANDIDACY. HE HAS ZERO CHANCE.

10. NOT REALLY SURE WHAT WE CAN DO FOR SCARBOROUGH....SEASON AND FRIENDLIES ARE "LOCKED". GIVING THEM MONEY IS NOT THE ANSWER. THE "SYSTEM" IN THE UK IS A TOUGH ONE AND NOT ONE I AM USE TOO...BUT I CAN'T DO MUCH ABOUT IT IF IT IS THE SYSTEM USED FOR 100+ YEARS. I AM NOT EVEN SURE HOW THE CLUB GOT INTO FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY...AND THAT MUST BE A KEY FACTOR IN ACTION TAKEN. IT IS GREAT TO SAY WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING BUT QUITE A DIFFERENT MATTER WHEN IT COMES TO "WHAT?"

11. SUPPORTER'S CLUB. PLEASE CONTACT LEE PREECE AT AVFC

Appreciate the response to my questions thank you , have you any idea when the Museum and statue will be completed ?

Also re the banners are you going to throw that open to the supporters with a number of things on them to choose from saying that you did a great job with the motto on the scarfes .

Just a thought General I was sitting with a group of lads for the Bolton game in the corporate balcony and we had a fantastic rendition of ' Do you believe in the Villa ' which is sung in gospel style . It created the atmosphere got the rest of the crowd going a banner with Do you believe in the Villa would go down a storm and really get the atmosphere going .