General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. Two halfs...two games. This game called football is going to be the death of me!! Send me back to Vietnam or to Iraq...not nearly as stressful!! We need a win!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of following AVFC General.

This grey hair I have I'm sure is 50% as a result of my football allegiance

General Krulak here:

1. Two halfs...two games. This game called football is going to be the death of me!! Send me back to Vietnam or to Iraq...not nearly as stressful!! We need a win!!

hear hear... the white strands in my hair (that I dye :winkold:), I have been told are down to vitiligo but I'm 99.9% sure it's down to the football!

General

Its very possible something is in place already with the transport group being setup but would it be possible for villa to look at displaying information about transport delays during the game. For instance last night myself (and im sure a number of other villa fans) spent the best part of an hour sat on the M5 as road works had been put in place. I realise that as a responsible driver i should have checked these things etc but a general announcement at half time or full time about any road closures, roadworks on main roads or train delays would be greatly welcomed by myself and im sure others.

Keep up the good work

ps if your worried about villa related stress you should see my cousin, he's early 20s and the greyest man i know.

General

Great things going on at the club, keep up the good work.

I know this may seem a minor point, but when so much work is going on behind the scenes to re-engage with the Villa fanbase and get supporters behind the team I hope, like me you may find the following observation somewhat disappointing.

As season ticket holders in the family enclosure and with a 12 year old son who loves to come and watch the Villa, we always try and get to the ground early to soak up as much of the pre-match atmosphere as possible. Part of that includes watching the team coaches arrive and the players get off the coaches. From the number of people waiting with small children, many other parents bring their kids along early for this very reason as well.

Now while everyone accepts that the players are focused on the game ahead and I don't think anyone expects anyone to stop and sign autographs, not a single player with the exception of John Carew even bothered to turn their head through 90 degrees as they got off the coach last night and give the fans a smile or a nod or a wave or any form of acknowledgement.

I just wonder why this is. When the programme is full of pictures of players shaking the hands of corporate clients, I just wonder how much a smile costs?

General

Its very possible something is in place already with the transport group being setup but would it be possible for villa to look at displaying information about transport delays during the game. For instance last night myself (and im sure a number of other villa fans) spent the best part of an hour sat on the M5 as road works had been put in place. I realise that as a responsible driver i should have checked these things etc but a general announcement at half time or full time about any road closures, roadworks on main roads or train delays would be greatly welcomed by myself and im sure others.

Keep up the good work

ps if your worried about villa related stress you should see my cousin, he's early 20s and the greyest man i know.

You mean you didn't go on the outside of the queue right up to lane closure bollards - saved 45 mins!

whilst i certainly considered this and cursed every driver passing me, this was quickly stopped by the lorry driver in front of my who decided to block both of these lanes and travel at the same speed as the inside lane.

General

The next question is both contraversial and serious. I was asked by a friend who attends the match to raise this so here it is, and I would hope for an honest and truthful reply (it will also be interesting to hear other supporters views).

The question is in relation to the 10% discount for "armed force personnel".

I have been asked to raise the query - why ??.

At a time where national service / conscription was in force, this may have been as a "thank you" to all those who risk their lives. However, this is not in place in the UK and it is a "choice" to join the armed forces. The same as if somebody chooses to work for any other company.

Surely, if this is happening then it should also be offerred to other occupations who serve our community - ie: nurses in national health hospitals who get paid a pittunce for the most demanding job in the UK, also fire service, police force etc....

The other point rasied regarding this is, I do not know whether you are aware, there is a very split nation as to whether we should have actually gone to war with Iraq, now this is down to the politicians and not the personnel but it is a highly contraversial decision however you feel.

Can I have your thoughts on this please to pass back.

General, is it within your power to make sure the guy who ran onto the pitch last night to 'score' is dealt with sensibly? I know we don't want to encourage such behaviour, but there was no malice involved and if anything he got the Holte End roused again.

A ticking off or perhaps a game or two ban at most perhaps?

General, is it within your power to make sure the guy who ran onto the pitch last night to 'score' is dealt with sensibly? I know we don't want to encourage such behaviour, but there was no malice involved and if anything he got the Holte End roused again.

A ticking off or perhaps a game or two ban at most perhaps?

At least the guy showed some passion, I'm sure that the General won't admit it but I bet he actually quite enjoyed it.

I completely agree. No doubt he'll get a fine, life time ban, and prob spent the night in a police cell. I understand the dangers of people running on the pitch (attack on Lampard at white heart lane) but this was harmless. Footballs gone mad the FA and health and safety are just trying to draw passion out of football. For example Gabbys ridiculous yellow card for a simple show of passion.

General - Just want to say thank you for inviting me to the Supporters Consultation meetings. They are very interesting and all the issues raised by fans are being noted and dealt with.

It was good to see quite a few more Villa fans (from the terraces rather than websites or supporters clubs) at the meeting on Monday.

The big screen idea at the back of the North Stand is great. My only concern about the proposal to use it after games though is supporters safety as cars will be driving through that area. There were fans watching the screen without looking where they were going.

I am gutted though as I am going to miss out on the 1982 commemorative scarf which is being given out at the Sheff Utd game. It will be the first home game I miss in four years as I am away for that weekend. Any chance of getting a scarf if you cannot attend? I have been a season ticket holder for years now.

Are you employing Doug Ellis as doorman? He was near the reception area on Monday opening the door to fans. :D

I have to say that the marketing lads are extremely enthusiastic and helpful.

Keep up the good work!

General Krulak here:

1. You beat us to the punch on the scarf...it is a beauty!!

2. Regarding the bloke who ran out onto the Pitch...I understand your feelings and will see what I can do. The truth of the matter is that such actions can be dangerous at times and we certainly can't condone it. At the same time, we need to understand the passion of the moment. I think that we all need to try to keep folks from pulling a stunt like that...for all the obvious reasons. I was able to get his name...because his actions did stir things up...even if it was not legal. Seems his last name was Cresswell.

3. Discount for Armed Forces: The idea DID come from Villa Talk!! At the same time, it obviously got support from from Randy and from me and from the Club. The issue has nothing to do with whether Britain should be in Iraq or not...nor does it have to do with an all-volunteer force. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that these men and women DO represent the "Thin Red Line" that has been the heart and soul of the Forces of the United Kingdom over the years. They are still willing to march to the sound of the guns, bleed and die if necessary, at the direction of your elected government. We can argue all day long about the viability of the foreign policy but what we can't argue about is the sacrifice these men and women make for us. You asked about other "first responders" and you will soon see that we will be doing something for them None of this is big...none of this is a huge break...BUT, it sends the signal that AVFC does care and does appreciate their sacrifice.

I was able to get his name...because his actions did stir things up...even if it was not legal. Seems his last name was Cresswell.

Bwwhahahha lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Wrong on two counts General, firstly Cresswell would have hit the corner flag not scored and the man on the pitch wasn't wearing a silly hat :)

General Krulak here:

2. Regarding the bloke who ran out onto the Pitch...I understand your feelings and will see what I can do. The truth of the matter is that such actions can be dangerous at times and we certainly can't condone it. At the same time, we need to understand the passion of the moment. I think that we all need to try to keep folks from pulling a stunt like that...for all the obvious reasons. I was able to get his name...because his actions did stir things up...even if it was not legal. Seems his last name was Cresswell.

3. Discount for Armed Forces: The idea DID come from Villa Talk!! At the same time, it obviously got support from from Randy and from me and from the Club. The issue has nothing to do with whether Britain should be in Iraq or not...nor does it have to do with an all-volunteer force. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that these men and women DO represent the "Thin Red Line" that has been the heart and soul of the Forces of the United Kingdom over the years. They are still willing to march to the sound of the guns, bleed and die if necessary, at the direction of your elected government. We can argue all day long about the viability of the foreign policy but what we can't argue about is the sacrifice these men and women make for us. You asked about other "first responders" and you will soon see that we will be doing something for them None of this is big...none of this is a huge break...BUT, it sends the signal that AVFC does care and does appreciate their sacrifice.

1. I'll put it up on the all alongside my 81 scarf and the Last day of The Holte End picture given out by the Meaning Evil on that day.

2. :-)

3. Excellent General that the club is doing this. I agree that the armed forces are a special case and one that should be appreciated more, they are merely doing what most people do in their own jobs, following orders / rules to the best of their ability. I would hate to think where we would be without them.

I am currently serving in the Royal Navy though I leave in july to begin a new life ( though the General's thin red line line speech was close to making me withdraw my notice! awesome) I personally do not take advantage of the discount but the mere existence of such a scheme is enough for me to feel warmer than this country has ever made me feel for my service. I volunteered to join the Navy and I fully expected to experience some level of combat during my time. What I did not expect was to provide was humanitarian aid to the victims of Montserrat, or to ferry British citizens to safety from Beirut this summer. Unfortunately the British public have always been frighteningly ill-informed about what we do and your quote was no exception. I can only agree that there are many deserving people out there and I can understand your dismay at us being singled out but as far as I'm aware, when work is over most people go home to loved ones or friends or even just to read the local rag. And at these very moments we're not just in the high profile spots like Iraq and Afghanistan, we're in Belize, the Falklands, the Antarctic and west africa. And whilst you might assume that our greatest concern is losing a limb or a life, you'd be wrong, as not seeing my wife and children for seven solid months is head and shoulders the top of my shit-list. The American attitude to the Forces has always been a warmer more appreciative approach and I've always been jealous of it. Or at least I was until we got our General who, with help from VTers, put in place this lovely scheme to make me feel warm. And you don't like it. Well, cheers pal. Absolutely no need for the insult, no matter how strongly you disagree with the poster - please cease this behavior or a card will be forthcoming - Bicks

General Krulak here:

My apologies General.

I did not know it was a secret. They didn't ask for it to be kept secret at the Supporters Consultation Meeting.

Any chance of getting one even if I cannot attend the Sheff Utd game Sir? :notworthy:

Or I am now banished to the abyss for revealing your gift to supporters? :angel:

I did not know it was a secret. They didn't ask for it to be kept secret at the Supporters Consultation Meeting.

He told you so now he'll have to kill you... :angry:

Hey. I live in Yarmouth mate. Death would be a mercy killing. :lol:

The General wasn't at the meeting this time. It with Dan and Lee who told us, just ask Richard who was also there.

General Krulak here:

1. Hey, I was at the meeting...just had to duck out early to meet with Randy on an issue. I was just joking re. the scarf...no problem telling folks. I think everyone will like them...and yes, I will be passing them out on game day.

2. We will get you a scarf...no problem.

3. By the way, this is my 200 post on Villa Talk...seems like just yesterday. I joined on 30 Oct...so that is over 1 post a day! No wonder my wife is upset with me...since I am also posting on 3 other sites.