General Krulak (No Transfer Questions allowed)

c-krulak

General Krulak here:

1. Randy went to the hospital again on Monday and received another injection into his back. He is feeling better but still needs to be very careful. Here is an example of "Lerner Careful": He departs for the UK on Sunday evening...fly all night, get into B'ham and get ready for the game!! I love it!!!

2. We are getting very close to the release of the new badge...it will be accompanied by a full description of all the new sinage around Villa Park and Bodymoor heath as well as down to the detail of what the stationary will look like. The info will be provided to all "fans" of the Villa. My sense is it will come during the month of April.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. The payment schemes are being worked out at the moment. The one we were just talking about has to do with "resale" of unused tickets and how that will work. Lots of effort going into that one.

2. The official web site leaves much to be desired and will be upgraded over the summer. We know we have much to do.

3. To those Season Ticket holders who have been supporting our effort to get folk back to Villa Park....THANK YOU!!! We are NOT trying to screw the S-T holder...we are trying to introduce new fans to YOUR Club. There are some S-T hoders who are VERY unhappy and I am sorry...but we need to expand the fan base if we are going to truly be successful. We know we need to put a winning team on the Pitch and we will.

1. Excellent. I'm sure this iniative will go some way to satisfying those who buy ST's for monetary benefits only. Let's hope the system will not be abused. I presume that there will be some sort of time limit set in which ST holders can return their tickets for refunds prior to games?

General Krulak here:

2. We are getting very close to the release of the new badge...it will be accompanied by a full description of all the new sinage around Villa Park and Bodymoor heath as well as down to the detail of what the stationary will look like. The info will be provided to all "fans" of the Villa. My sense is it will come during the month of April.

not a big point general but somethng i noticed, was looking at the pics of the training ground, all very impressive but one of the pictures showed the new shower rooms with the old crest emblazened on the tiles.

General,

I like the big screens outside the back of the North Stand. (I'm not sure how anyone will get any work done without staring at them out of the window though.) are they a temporary or permanent fixture ?

With this in place, I think the North Stand car park could become a bit more of a gathering place for supporters on match days, do you think that'll get more people into the shop ? How about a sort of street-market around the screens selling Villa merchandise ? British people just sort of gravitate to big TV's, it's in our nature, it'd be a great place to sell scarves and flags !

Big screens - outside North Stand

What's this about - as I am Holte-ender never do down there ???

Gen, don't know if you can answer this or point me to who can...

Don't know if you are aware but many pubs now have satallite dishes that show all the away games - usually broadcast in Taiwan / Singapore or somewhere.

Instead of going to a dodgy pub to watch these - any chance of away games being broadcast to the new Holte hotel - it would be great to watch them there (we have had beam backs to Villa Park before on giant screens on the pitch - WBA v Villa for nearly 10000 once - can we have more of these (esp. for the local derbies it looks like we will have again next year)

And on a lighter note - my shoulder has been killing me this week, god knows what I've done - any chance of flying me to see that surgeon !!!

General K,

Sir, I beamed with a very very big beamy smile when I read the news on season tickets that have a discount for the armed forces. Not only have you discounted a s/t but also a match ticket. I feel I had something to do with this and I cannot thank you enough for recognising our armed forces , I hope other clubs follow your prestigous lead.

Everyone should give a little thought to out boys and girl who aint sat at home tonight surfing the web,,, but under wrongful arrest in iran.

Simon

General Krulak here:

1. We are aware of the badges in the showers at Bodymoor Heath...they are "faux"...ready to be replaced with the new badge as soon as it is announced. We put up the faux badge just to show what the showers will look like.

Hi General,

I've read a few posts on this forum regarding the big TV screen that has been place in the car park behind the North Stand over the last few days. I was just wondering why this was? and will we be seeing LCD advertising boards in place for the Everton game?

Thanks.

general, may i be so bold to suggest that the club get in touch with ajax amsterdam about their youth development program?

been having this discussion about youth development elsewhere due to the england situation, however, i would love to see villa as the front runners in youth development...

while we are currently doing a good job with bringing through youth products, they arent ever going to be "great" players because we as a nation, dont concentrate on "technique"...

which is one of the reasons why arsene wenger discards english talent, and as much as i dont like that man, he has a point..

for villa to be the leader in this field, would be fantastic and would save us a lot of money in the long term...

ajax amsterdam are pretty much one of the world leaders in youth development, so we can learn a lot from them....

just thought i would suggest this, as its something very close to my heart...

General Krulak here:

1. We are aware of the badges in the showers at Bodymoor Heath...they are "faux"...ready to be replaced with the new badge as soon as it is announced. We put up the faux badge just to show what the showers will look like.

Faux? .... Pah!

Sorry too easy Sir - :-)

General Krulak here:

1. Drat01....now THAT was bad!!!

2. MON is currently looking at our youth program...pluses and minuses. I am convinced that he understands are situation and the needs of the Club...particularly for the future. He is looking at the same things we are looking at.

3. I will check on the ultimate usage of the big screen.

General,

Firstly once again I’d just like to extend my thanks for what Randy and the team have done so far for the club. I really feel there has been a huge change in and around the club and I hope it continues.

I have two questions

1. This weekend I heard the atmosphere was fantastic at the Charlton Wigan game on Saturday. A friend, who was there, said it was due to these 'things' that looked like 'fans' that when clapped against hands made a loud noise which in turn provided an electric atmosphere. These were provided by the board in attempt to boost the team’s performance. I also recall Newcastle and Chelsea fans all receiving scarf’s and flags before a game to enhance the atmosphere and also make the stadium look fantastic. I think that it would be great that next season sometime perhaps for the imminent derby games we will have next year to do something similar just to add to the atmosphere as I feel it has really diminished over the years. I basically think that we need a better atmosphere at villa park and by cutting tickets prices is great start but I still think that the atmosphere of the Holte needs to be transferred to the rest of the ground.

2. With the obvious club links stateside, I now wondered if we might be joining forces with a sister club in the MLS like Arsenal have? If ‘soccer’ is set to grow as predicted in the next few years across the pond it surely will be a fantastic place to ‘poach’ new talent. Is this likely?

I think the Nike deal is one of the largest steps forward this club has taken in a long time and have no idea how you managed to get them on board!

Thank you once again for saving this great club

Christopher McNerlin

Chris, welcome to the board.

I heard we had a this sort of 'deal' in place with Columbus Crew from the MLS - it was a low key announcement only made on their side of the pond though. Perhaps the General could shed some light on this...

The only reference I can find to a partnership with the Crew is this bigsoccer post:

McCullers mentioned in the fan forum tonight a possible partnership with Villa, with the whole Randy Lerner cleveland connection. any opinions on this?

[Emphasis mine --LR]

Perhaps a deal has been agreed to and they're waiting for something else (the announcement of the US tour schedule, perhaps?) to announce the partnership. It could also be a trial balloon being floated.

Cleveland is still on the short list for MLS expansion in the next few years (along with Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rochester, San Jose/SF Bay Area, Seattle, and St. Louis). Bob Kain would presumably have some involvement in the construction of their stadium (given that he chairs the authority that manages the stadia around Cleveland), which may mean that a Villa connection is more likely with that franchise.

Hi General,

Don't want to moan, but i ordered my tickets for tonights game last sunday, they still have not arrived. so i phoned the ticket office and i have to pick up some duplicates after half six tonight. Its just a bit of a hassle as we are travelling four hours to get to the game. Its not the first time this has happened this season, it has happened four times, its just a pain after you've travelled four hours to get there. I never feel 100% until the tickets i have paid for are in my hand and im sat in my seats.

sorry to moan

nathan

General Krulak here:

1. Not sure if you are indicating that the ticket office did not send the tickets of that the Royal Mail failed to get them to you. If it is the former, we have a problem. If the latter, we need to look at the address you have given and see if the Royal Mail has a problem.

2. You won't have to wait until next year to see the Randy, the Board and the Club give something to the fans that they can "wave" at games. Just hold on for a few games.

3. I will check into the "partnership" issue with another US Club.

General,

I too haven't received my tickets, but the ticket office assured me they were sent out last week, so i can only assume its a problem with Royal Mail. The ticket office were very helpful though and i have to collect some duplicates instead before the match.

N.B Thanks for the £10 student tickets... i have come back especially for the game tonight now!