West Ham away

slowandlow

There is a fixtures thread but i don't think the PL fixtures have been set up yet.

Would like to go to this but won't have enough of a history to get an away ticket. Might have to sit with the home fans next to the away block if I can.

According to footballgroundguide the normal away allocation for the Boleyn is 2,200 but can be as high as 3,600 if requested and granted.

I went two seasons ago. It's a complete dive, difficult to get to (even though I live down south) and in the middle of a really dodgy area. However, Gabby's last minute winner and the away end reaction will stay with me forever. So on that basis, my only experience of the Boleyn has been a good one, and I'll get tickets again this season.

Difficult to get to and park at the best of times but how on earth is it going to be with the Olympics going on nearby. Typical that we draw them first game of the season away! :evil:

West Ham v Villa

Barclays Premier League

Saturday August 18 - 3pm

Upton Park

Allocation: 2,973

Prices: £39 [adults], £21 [O65s and U16s]

Friday July 13: On sale to 2012-13 season ticket holders who attended at least five Barclays Premier League away fixtures in the 2011-2012 season*

Wednesday July 18: On sale to 2012-13 season ticket holders who attended at least three Barclays Premier League away fixtures in the 2011-12 season*

Monday July 23: On sale to 2012-13 season ticket holders who attended at least one Barclays Premier League away fixture in the 2011-12 season*

Friday July 27: On sale to season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season*

Wednesday August 1: On sale to supporters who attended at least three Barclays Premier League away fixtures in the 2011-12 season*

Wednesday August 8: On sale to supporters who attended at least one Barclays Premier League Away fixture in the 2011-12 season*

*strictly one ticket per client reference

it does specify it on the villa website 2,9xx something or other

perhaps not the "full allocation" but anything that close to 3k effectively is for most grounds

it's the full allocation for a league game. 10% or 3000 (give or take a few for issues of segregation).

i just hope it really is the 2900 this time. the villa ticket office told us we'd taken the 2900 allocation for the april 2011 game but it became apparent when inside the away end that we'd only actually got the 2200 allocation.

anyway, great away day, looking forward to it.

Not sure we should be getting on our high horse about whether the area around the Boleyn isn't the most salubrious.

West Ham has decent tube links and is always a decent atmosphere so one of the better London away days.

Most premiership grounds are in working class 'shit hole' areas. And a lot of these premiership grounds look out of place, because a nice expensive looking stadium surrounded by decaying housing and buildings.

The Emirates and possibly Fulham and Chelsea are the only premiership grounds in salubrious areas.