West Ham away

slowandlow

Not sure we should be getting on our high horse about whether the area around the Boleyn isn't the most salubrious.

True, most fans would probably say the same at Witton/Aston.

Saying that most fans seem to we think we have a "proper" ground.

Nobody is getting on a high horse

West ham is a bitch to get to and away from if you're driving, fact

Factor in the Olympics and this has all the ingredients of a nightmare journey from hell

I went two seasons ago. It's a complete dive, difficult to get to (even though I live down south) and in the middle of a really dodgy area. However, Gabby's last minute winner and the away end reaction will stay with me forever. So on that basis, my only experience of the Boleyn has been a good one, and I'll get tickets again this season.

I was intent on moving to Thailand to work prior to that match. Dates sorted, on the verge of booking flights, accommodation sorted, job potentially sorted etc etc. It was that goal that convinced me that i couldn't move to the other side of the world! The away end went absolutely beserk, such a vital goal!

Will definitely be looking into doing this one!

Back in the day - it was the scariest ground I went to. Quarter final of FA Cup. Ken McNaught punched away a last minute corner, Ray Stewart never misses. We were out after looking like might win the cup that year with that team. Trouble with fans all game. Then at final whistle the lunatics came flying out the chicken run onto the pitch & straight in the front of our stand, hurting everything in their way. As I am very brave, I remember running like f*** up the terraces, only to be knocked back by a policeman who were keeping the Villa fans in at the end for their safety! mayhem.

I went two seasons ago. It's a complete dive, difficult to get to (even though I live down south) and in the middle of a really dodgy area. However, Gabby's last minute winner and the away end reaction will stay with me forever. So on that basis, my only experience of the Boleyn has been a good one, and I'll get tickets again this season.

I was intent on moving to Thailand to work prior to that match. Dates sorted, on the verge of booking flights, accommodation sorted, job potentially sorted etc etc. It was that goal that convinced me that i couldn't move to the other side of the world! The away end went absolutely beserk, such a vital goal!

Will definitely be looking into doing this one!

Was incredible.

We even missed the first goal because we'd got stuck in traffic in a black, arrived just after they'd put it in.

Weather was spot on that day too.

We were about 8 rows back to the left of goal where ash, gabby etc ran to, to celebrate. CROWD SURGE!

Get goosebumps thinking of that.

I've got 3 away days from last season but i wanna get tickets for my bro and another lad so i'll be canvassing the site and friends nearer the time haha.

That last minute Gabby winner was one of the best moments in recent years, everyone going absolutely mental and you could tell how much it meant to the players (especially Ash) too.

35 mins, 2 changes.

:Start: Euston (Northern Line, Southbound) Moorgate (Hammersmith & City Line, Eastbound) Upton Park :Finish:

Nice one. Seems reasonable enough. As long as there's no work being done at the time between any of those places, that is.

I'm driving from Rugeley to Upminster tube station which if I'm not mistaken is on the same line as Upton Park, cheap parking apparently as well.

Upminster is on the District line and is about 10 stops from Upton Park - takes about 30 minutes. Parking is £2.10 all day too on weekends, which is a bargain! If you don't fancy driving around the M25 though you can park at Richmond and get the District line from there - it's a long time on the tube but it's less time driving!

I'll be going from Upminster as it's just down the road from my Partner's. (Yes, Yes - I found myself an Essex lass!). It's usually where we park to go into "Town" when I'm down there.

I'm driving from Rugeley to Upminster tube station which if I'm not mistaken is on the same line as Upton Park, cheap parking apparently as well.

Upminster is on the District line and is about 10 stops from Upton Park - takes about 30 minutes. Parking is £2.10 all day too on weekends, which is a bargain! If you don't fancy driving around the M25 though you can park at Richmond and get the District line from there - it's a long time on the tube but it's less time driving!

I'll be going from Upminster as it's just down the road from my Partner's. (Yes, Yes - I found myself an Essex lass!). It's usually where we park to go into "Town" when I'm down there.

Hopefully they'll be a few Villa doing the same so we're not outnumbered by 'appy 'Ammers!