Matthew Lowton

Qwpzxjor1

trying to generate a reaction? a talking point for Monday morning?

Alan Hansen also wants to justify his huge Beeb salary.

Anyone can see that Lowton goal was harder to score. So he has to argue what nobody can see, that the Remy side-footed open goal handed to him on a plate was "genius".

Did you see that caption with the goal? "Remy genius" - I mean come on, it was Bent, another Villa player, who invented the sidefoot long shot!!

Played every minute fr us in the premier league after being in league one! Miles better than clogger Hutton for half the price and is probably worth twice as much as we paid for Hutton

Miles better?

59 goals in 32 games would suggest he's not.

And what have we seen more of this season? His wonder goal or his awful defending that led to their equaliser?

Goal of the season no doubt but defenders are signed to defend.

Yeah because Lowton is the sole reason why we conceded 59 goals and Hutton was the sole reason why we managed to concede less last year. C'mon man. 

Of course he's not the sole reason but he's part of a defensive unit that is quite possibly one of the worst this club has ever seen.

Their equaliser show the mistakes he keeps making. A lot of potential in him but all this talk of a great signing is far too premature. Our defenders are their to defend. And most of them don't do it well enough.

Yeah but we're comparing Lowton and Hutton, not their respective "defensive units" so I don't quite see what your point is. Your entire argument is a huge non sequitur. But the bottom line is, Lowton for all his faults is nowhere near as bad as the joke of a footballer that is Alan Hutton.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

Considering your ridiculous and outrageous views on some of our players I think it was a legitimate question. 

Haha

Go on then. What are my ridiculous and outrageous views of some players then? And can you tell me why they're wrong?

I look forward to your response.

Played every minute fr us in the premier league after being in league one! Miles better than clogger Hutton for half the price and is probably worth twice as much as we paid for Hutton

Miles better?

And what have we seen more of this season? His wonder goal or his awful defending that led to their equaliser?

Yeah because Lowton is the sole reason why we conceded 59 goals and Hutton was the sole reason why we managed to concede less last year. C'mon man. 

Of course he's not the sole reason but he's part of a defensive unit that is quite possibly one of the worst this club has ever seen.

Their equaliser show the mistakes he keeps making. A lot of potential in him but all this talk of a great signing is far too premature. Our defenders are their to defend. And most of them don't do it well enough.

Yeah but we're comparing Lowton and Hutton, not their respective "defensive units" so I don't quite see what your point is. Your entire argument is a huge non sequitur. But the bottom line is, Lowton for all his faults is nowhere near as bad as the joke of a footballer that is Alan Hutton.

I'm not trying to suggest Hutton is a good player but in terms of defending i really don't see Lowton offering much more at this moment.

Had he not scored a wonder goal I think this thread would have been talking about how easily he was beat for their equaliser. Which is all I'm saying. He's got potential to be a lot better and a great player for us. Right now though he does not defend well enough and is part of the reason we're such a poor defensive team.

Lowton's Goal is simply better as he scored it for us when we really needed it.

I dont care about who scored QPR's goal as long as they stopped Wigan winning.

You could say the same about Remy's.

Both were outragous strikes. Remy's was first touch to the inside of the far post from 30 out and Lowtons was fantastic control and volley from a similar distance.

You could make a good case for both.

Remy wasnt 30 yards out, was on edge of box. was a good finish but think being overhyped as he plays for QPR and Arry

More likely our fans are underrating it because we prefer to support our own lads goal this weekend.

Remy wasnt 30 yards out, was on edge of box. was a good finish but think being overhyped as he plays for QPR and Arry

More likely our fans are underrating it because we prefer to support our own lads goal this weekend.

Not really. Most people are admitting that it was a very good goal but looking at it objectively there is absolutely no doubt Lowton's was better.

Edited by Mantis

Remy's goal had nothing on Lowton's. The ball played into Remy was just begging to be hit, and he simply obliged. It was a fantastic strike, but that's all it was, a brilliant strike.

Lowton's goal required him to trap the ball from great height, before volleying it back in the direction that it came from. There was so much more to Lowton's goal and I'll be hugely disappointed for the kid if it doesn't win goal of the season.

Remy's goal had nothing on Lowton's. The ball played into Remy was just begging to be hit, and he simply obliged. It was a fantastic strike, but that's all it was, a brilliant strike.

Lowton's goal required him to trap the ball from great height, before volleying it back in the direction that it came from. There was so much more to Lowton's goal and I'll be hugely disappointed for the kid if it doesn't win goal of the season.

was also 2 defenders coming to close him down. as Kenny Cunningham said other night that Stoke were blameless defensively for it

Miles better?

I'm not trying to suggest Hutton is a good player but in terms of defending i really don't see Lowton offering much more at this moment.

Had he not scored a wonder goal I think this thread would have been talking about how easily he was beat for their equaliser. Which is all I'm saying. He's got potential to be a lot better and a great player for us. Right now though he does not defend well enough and is part of the reason we're such a poor defensive team.

I get that what's what you're saying but it really has nothing to do with the comparison between Hutton and Lowton...which was what you were responding to when Richard said he was "miles better". He didn't say anything about the defence, all he said was Lowton > Hutton and is worth twice as much as him.The fact that you choose to make your point (even when it has no place in the discussion) doesn't really help out with the stereotype of you that you like to focus on the negative side of things.

• Like 1

I don't need to respond to you BJ10 - as everyone knows the views you hold about our players and the club as a whole. (A very negative view) 

On a side note, i'd also be mightily pissed off if Remy's goal is voted "better" than Lowton's 

Edited by KjParton

I don't need to respond to you BJ10 - as everyone knows the views you hold about our players and the club as a whole. (A very negative view) 

On a side note, i'd also be mightily pissed off if Remy's goal is voted "better" than Lowton's 

Haha

You made a statement and you can't back it up.

So next time don't make the statement. Easier to not look foolish.

Miles better?

I get that what's what you're saying but it really has nothing to do with the comparison between Hutton and Lowton...which was what you were responding to when Richard said he was "miles better". He didn't say anything about the defence, all he said was Lowton > Hutton and is worth twice as much as him.The fact that you choose to make your point (even when it has no place in the discussion) doesn't really help out with the stereotype of you that you like to focus on the negative side of things.

But I don't believe he is miles better right now.

Some things he does better, for example going forward he's much better than Hutton but I don't think as a defender he's showed he's miles better yet.

Potential to be miles better? Yes no doubt but until he consistently defends better then I don't think we can class him as miles better yet.

Â