General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

i really can't get my head around why when we had 3 months to get players in and it all goes down to the last 48 hours.

surley when lambert first sat down with learner he must of gave him a list of players he wanted, if you don't get them you move onto plan:b and then onto plan:c, it really isn't rocket science and these next 3 days will be carbon copy of what has happened to this club over the last 3 years, totally clueless.

only at aston villa can you loose the feel good factor within two weeks of the season.

Perhaps it wasn't down to mon that transfers were left late in the day?

This is the first year i can remember Villa doesnt have a player being linked with a big money move away from the club. Silence speaks volumes i guess. I hope we have hit rock bottom and the next 2 days will rejuvenate us all.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if he's been mentioned but Wilson Palacios might be moved on by Stoke for about 6m. Would anyone take him?

i used to really rate him but his flopped at stoke, when your kept out of a stoke side by glenn whelan then you cant be up to it

He didn't flop at Stoke, he just hasn't been fit. It was a surprise he passed the medical. Maybe seeing what happened with Ba after he failed a medical at Stoke, influenced their thinking and they decided to take a gamble. If he was fit he'd be a good signing for you, but as I understand it his knee is screwed and he'll struggle to get match fit.

I'm surprised you haven't gone for someone like Benat from Betis.

richard you might have something there, i don't think theres a manager out there that would prefer waiting to the last day to do buisness, some teams can get away with it (real madrid), but we are in no position to messing about in the transfer market.

Some fool on twitter says we have signed a Senegalese striker by the name of DJIBY FALL for 1.7 million. what a name..

Hope Not,He has had eight clubs in the last 8 years,not what we need in the PL,We need better than him.

How much is Demba Ba's buy out clause at Newcastle?

The clause was for a limited period, it's now expired.

Thanks mate for that. Still would have been a cheaper option than Carroll but probably wouldn't have come to us anyway?

Some fool on twitter says we have signed a Senegalese striker by the name of DJIBY FALL for 1.7 million. what a name..

Hope Not,He has had eight clubs in the last 8 years,not what we need in the PL,We need better than him.

Dont worry. It was in relation to his FIFA career mode apparently.

Aston Villa are close to completing the £3.5m signing of youngster Nathan Redmond from neighbours Birmingham City

Seeing this tweeted posted few times now. Any truth?

Wolves fan on a two birds with one stone wind up. It seems to have worked quite well too.