General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

£10 to VT if we dont sign 2 or more!

should we have a separate thread for this?

So we got bose, SuperJonno, and zak giving a tenner each if we don't sign two by the time the window closes.

And we have CI who has pledged a tenner if we do indeed bring at least two in.

Mon the signings!

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that we are on to some kind of deal with stoke with Hutton/Dunne going one way and K. Jones going the other?

Wouldn't mind it.

This is looking like the best case scenario at the moment !

There is quite a strong chance now that we will go with what we have - this would be the weakest squad I can recall since the mid eighties.

On the balance of the rumours and market we are in - I think we will get Olson\cresswell and Jones

Could it be that we are on to some kind of deal with stoke with Hutton/Dunne going one way and K. Jones going the other?

Wouldn't mind it.

There is quite a strong chance now that we will go with what we have - this would be the weakest squad I can recall since the mid eighties.

On the balance of the rumours and market we are in - I think we will get Olson\cresswell and Jones

Its already stronger than last season....

I'm predicting that as Lerner has sold the browns he wants out of the sports game. He's in talks with new owners, Lambert and henke have come in as a request of the potential new owners and on the 31st we will announce a major takeover and spend the day putting massive bids in for players all over europe.

£1 to VT if i'm correct.

It's right on the edge in my view... The squad for me is lighter on wages, lighter on experience & lighter on numbers though perhaps higher on potential, higher on quality & higher up the scale with regards to the brand of football played.

We are clearly a work in progress & i will therefore personally be leaving the judgments until the window is closed & we have seen how we fare by January. I do have concerns but who am i to question Paul Lambert et al? I have faith in him & his ability to judge the squad available so ...Over to you Paul!

:flag:

I'm predicting that as Lerner has sold the browns he wants out of the sports game. He's in talks with new owners, Lambert and henke have come in as a request of the potential new owners and on the 31st we will announce a major takeover and spend the day putting massive bids in for players all over europe.

£1 to VT if i'm correct.

The first few sentences of this would IMO explain alot (although I realise you were joking)

If we don't spend by Aug 31 - I think the idea of the club progressing under Lerner becomes unfeasible. The squad is down to its bare bones - and I wouldn't see Lerner sticking around much longer.

Wouldn't mind it.

Yes but people on here don't rate the squad in terms of quality but rather "Premier League experience". ;)

Wouldn't mind it.

How do you figure that?

We have replaced Petrov with KEA (not sure if that is an imporivement or not) and Collins with Vlaar (that looks to be an improvement) then brought in a league 1 RB and have released or transfer listed a load of players.

It looks like it will be a struggle to name the 7 players on our bench this season. When the injuries and suspensions strike we are going to massively struggle.

The squad is extreamly weak.

Desperately in need of the following imo.

Left back

Striker

I would also like to see an enforcer type player come in. I dont think we necessarily need another centre back as im happy with Vlaar & Clark as first choice pairing, with Baker and Lowton providing cover, Herd could also step in and do a job. Right back, im happy with Lowton & Lichaj as our options.

People need to remember that we will never find out how good these players will turn out to be if they're not given a chance......Gary Cahill anyone!?!?

Midfield i think we have good forward thinking options, as i say i would like an enforcer type player to come in, although as a stop gap im happy with Herd in there to break up play. Holman, KEA, Ireland, N'Zogbia, Bannan & Delph are all very decent players.

I think the problem against West Ham was that we didnt play with any real width, as Gary Neville said on Monday Night Football, the width has to now come from your full backs who provide an out-ball when its congested in the middle of the park. We played some lovely football against West Ham, the problem as i see it was that it was far too far away from Bent. It's all good and well keeping the ball on the half way line but your never going to threaten especially with only 1 upfront, it's too easy for the centre halves to pick up. We either need to play our football 10 yards off the opposition 18 yard box or play with 2 upfront to give the centre halves something more to think about, which is what i think PL will do when Gabby is fit.

Im not against playing 1 up-top, but the midfielder's (especially the creative ones) need to be closer to Bent. If N'Zogbia & Holman are going to come inside, then Lowton and Baker need to provide the width.

With 1 upfront, you have 1 midfielder sitting and the 3 forward thinking payers will all tend to come inside to play their football, Lowton & Baker overlapping to create a chance to whip a ball in with Bent and 2 of the 3 midfielders attacking the box while 1 sits on the edge to pick up the scraps & half clearences.

christian benteke is getting reported on other villa fan sites

Probably because we've talked about it and some knob wants to look ITK.

There is a certain amusement value in a forward line of Bent and Benteke

the gayest forward line in football?