General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

My god.

The man could do anything and some would still be waving the stars and stripes.

And some would still be moaning, kind of how it is.

I think it's more that most people are waiting until the end of the transfer window before giving judgement on Lerner and calling him a "clearing in the woods".

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god.

No so. But the abuse Lerner gets on here is totally unjustified.

We have one of the cheapest ST rates in the PL.

We have world class training facilities

We have an owner prepared to spend money on making the fans visit and experience to the ground far more pleasurable.

We have an owner who has sunk at least £200m of his own money into the club.

Yes Lerner has made mistakes - 2 managerial appoitnments for starters, letting certain managers go a bit overboard with the wage budget and the farcical involvement with "The General" but the abuse and ill feeling towards him is totally and utterly unjustified when set against everything he has done for the club.

It is all to easy on the message board to chuck out nonsensical comments like

My god.

without providing any explanation as to why you have come to that point of view. The next response I will recieve is that I am a "Randy Lover" (fnar fnar) and that I am blind to what is obviously going on because a free scarf and a bus trip have won me over. Nonsense. I just firmly believe that the current owner is a man of honour and integrity who on the whole has done his best for the club.

My god.

We have an owner prepared to spend money on making the fans visit and experience to the ground far more pleasurable.

Yes Lerner has made mistakes - 2 managerial appoitnments for starters, letting certain managers go a bit overboard with the wage budget and the farcical involvement with "The General" but the abuse and ill feeling towards him is totally and utterly unjustified when set against everything he has done for the club.

My god.

without providing any explanation as to why you have come to that point of view. The next response I will recieve is that I am a "Randy Lover" (fnar fnar) and that I am blind to what is obviously going on because a free scarf and a bus trip have won me over. Nonsense. I just firmly believe that the current owner is a man of honour and integrity who on the whole has done his best for the club.

Oh ffs Eames you Randy Lover, have you been that easily blinded by a free scarf and .............oh wait a minute.......

My god.

My god.

Oh ffs Eames you Randy Lover, have you been that easily blinded by a free scarf and .............oh wait a minute.......

Well when you tie it over my eyes darling it does tend to block out the light...... :P

My god.

My god.

Well when you tie it over my eyes darling it does tend to block out the light...... :P

Well it's only gay if you make eye contact, hence why I used the scarf in the first place

set against everything he has done for the club.

This is premiership football, it's a competitive sport and the only thing that ultimately matters is what happens on the pitch. Unfortunately it seems because it's Lerner people now don't seem to care about the actual game.

He's made it more enjoyable to attend games? :lol: :lol: :lol: I take it you didn't go much last year?

He has put money in, isn't that what he's meant to do? If he didn't want to spend any of his own money maybe he shouldn't have purchased a premiership club.

And Lerner has took us right back to how shit we were for Doug's last season and wasted an absolute fortune to fall back so low. Have a look how upset the Browns fans are to lose him. Surprising considering what a great owner he is.

He allowed finances to spiral out of control while having no sensible plan in place and the two back to back appointments must be as bad as any team in premiership history. Since Mon left his net spend on the squad is absolutely shocking. A massive £33 million difference compared to the last few years of Ellis. Which was when we had no money, couldn't compete and wanted him gone.

But thats ok because it's his club and he can do what he wants.

Serious question. If we were relegated what would your opinion be? Would you happily back all his decisions because it's his club?

Ki is about to sign for Swansea from Celtic for 5million, why are we not going in for players like this guy?

i rated Michu for few yrs and couldn't believe he went for 2million, now they are getting Ki as well, these are the type of players we should be going for.. point to prove, reasonable price and wages and very good players indeed.

set against everything he has done for the club.

This is premiership football, it's a competitive sport and the only thing that ultimately matters is what happens on the pitch. Unfortunately it seems because it's Lerner people now don't seem to care about the actual game.

He's made it more enjoyable to attend games? :lol: :lol: :lol: I take it you didn't go much last year?

He has put money in, isn't that what he's meant to do? If he didn't want to spend any of his own money maybe he shouldn't have purchased a premiership club.

And Lerner has took us right back to how shit we were for Doug's last season and wasted an absolute fortune to fall back so low. Have a look how upset the Browns fans are to lose him. Surprising considering what a great owner he is.

He allowed finances to spiral out of control while having no sensible plan in place and the two back to back appointments must be as bad as any team in premiership history. Since Mon left his net spend on the squad is absolutely shocking. A massive £33 million difference compared to the last few years of Ellis. Which was when we had no money, couldn't compete and wanted him gone.

But thats ok because it's his club and he can do what he wants.

Serious question. If we were relegated what would your opinion be? Would you happily back all his decisions because it's his club?

You couldnt be anymore black and white could you Big_John_10?

Lerner spends loads of money, good owner.

Lerner doesn't spend loads of money, bad bad owner.

:lol:

The Twitter bullshit thread is getting hijacked by the moaners again :rant:

As Sneijder seems to be out of our budget what do people think of Southampton's defensive midfielder Schneiderlin?

My god.

My god.

One factor you've missed there lad. Our present squad is crap.

The Twitter bullshit thread is getting hijacked by the moaners again :rant:

As Sneijder seems to be out of our budget what do people think of Southampton's defensive midfielder Schneiderlin?

Is he shorter than Wesley?

My god.

My god.

One factor you've missed there lad. Our present squad is crap.

You can't blame Lerner for that. The identification of players is the manager's responsibility. If Lerner chooses to sell over the manager's head that is Lerner's fault but surely no manager in post would tolerate that?

This is still off topic but....

A reasonable amount of money comapred to what? How much Citeh spend? Utd? Spurs? Swansea? Who?

I could argue he is spending a reasonable amount of money, Lambert has had money to make signings with so far only 1 player being sold, the issue has been wages recently not neccesarily transfer fees.

Some will argue Lerner let wages spiral out of control, I would argue he took a punt on the potential increase in revenue CL footy wo0uld bring in and then took steps to control spending before they did spiral out of control. Last years management appointment was very misguided and I appreciate that it's going to take a lot for the fan base to get over that. But the Houllier appointment was different, imo it was a risk that ultimately didn't pay off but wasn't doomed to failure from the start like McLeish.

He has invested in the infrastruture of the club, the training facilities and youth set up are world class and we still have some of the cheapest tickets in the league.

He's a decent owner, doing what he can in line with his personal wealth, he's made some mistakes an he's done some good stuff for the club as well.

I'm not really sure what else people want him to do?

We've all been saying we need width and a midfield general in the middle to boss the game

Can anyone explain to me how Huddlestone ticks either of those much needed boxes ?

Huddlestone is broken isn't he as injury prone as Jenas

We've all been saying we need width and a midfield general in the middle to boss the game

Can anyone explain to me how Huddlestone ticks either of those much needed boxes ?

We;re going to agree here.

He doesn't. Delph coud do the enforcement job... 3 players are needed. LB, Winger. Striker.