General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

It may not be the actual budget but a very good indication, it is highly unlikely that Lambert would be handed £50m to spend and he only spends £8-10m.

Is anyone really expecting £50M ? Personally i think our budget is more likely to be around £20M, but i still don't know if Lambert would spend all of that, he wouldn't have had anything like the budget he's got here at Norwich, so i suppose he'll have been scouting players in the lower leagues and cheaper foreign players ....which as it happens seems to be what he's signing.

For years we've been moaning about getting ripped of for players with Premier League experience, and then getting stung on their wages, now we seem to have a manager who is prepared to look further afield, people are still moaning because we have't spent enough.

Newcastle proved last year that there are bargains to be had, and yo don't need to spend £50M to become competitive, maybe Lambert has already or will unearth some gems. The transfer budget is insignificant (Torres £40M, or Carrol £35M anyone ?), the significant thing is the capability of the manager and his staff to bring in the right players.

I'm not suggesting for one second we have £50m to spend, we all know we don't but what I'm saying is if a manager is given a budget by the boards that they have told him is perfectly ok to spend, why would he not spend it? When it is very obvious to everyone that we do need additions.

Arsene Wenger has seemingly refused to spend big on players for years.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be the actual budget but a very good indication, it is highly unlikely that Lambert would be handed £50m to spend and he only spends £8-10m.

Is anyone really expecting £50M ? Personally i think our budget is more likely to be around £20M, but i still don't know if Lambert would spend all of that, he wouldn't have had anything like the budget he's got here at Norwich, so i suppose he'll have been scouting players in the lower leagues and cheaper foreign players ....which as it happens seems to be what he's signing.

For years we've been moaning about getting ripped of for players with Premier League experience, and then getting stung on their wages, now we seem to have a manager who is prepared to look further afield, people are still moaning because we have't spent enough.

Newcastle proved last year that there are bargains to be had, and yo don't need to spend £50M to become competitive, maybe Lambert has already or will unearth some gems. The transfer budget is insignificant (Torres £40M, or Carrol £35M anyone ?), the significant thing is the capability of the manager and his staff to bring in the right players.

I'm not suggesting for one second we have £50m to spend, we all know we don't but what I'm saying is if a manager is given a budget by the boards that they have told him is perfectly ok to spend, why would he not spend it? When it is very obvious to everyone that we do need additions.

Arsene Wenger has seemingly refused to spend big on players for years.

But has he had the budget to do so? I doubt it.

Definitely need some one who can take players on, be it a winger or an attacking midfielder, a striker, a defensive midfielder, a left back. Any we are going to be pissing away points the longer we squabble over a couple of 100k.

Well whatever the budget it looks like we need to start spending it pronto on some creativity in the side... Said this before as it was as clear as day & somewhat suprised nothing was done about it by now. Watched us against Burton when we struggled to create chances so not at all suprised we lost against a very average West Ham side through failure to score a goal. Poor start very poor.

From what I can tell we need a midfielder, striker, winger, and a defender. That is probably the order of importance as well. We need someone to create chances asap. Delph and Kea just sat in front of the back 4 which caused Ireland to play deeper cause Bent to be isolated.

From what I can tell we need a midfielder, striker, winger, and a defender. That is probably the order of importance as well. We need someone to create chances asap. Delph and Kea just sat in front of the back 4 which caused Ireland to play deeper cause Bent to be isolated.

100% this

I know it's only one game but thats 11 without a win now. We are relegation candidates whether fans like it or not
And 10 of those games were under a different manager with a different squad in a different season. Obviously we need some more players to come in but let's not start overreacting eh?

I know it's only one game but thats 11 without a win now. We are relegation candidates whether fans like it or not
And 10 of those games were under a different manager with a different squad in a different season. Obviously we need some more players to come in but let's not start overreacting eh?

Mantis you know I said all this before today's game. It is more or less the same squad and Lambert can not work miracles with players who are not good enough. The most worrying thing for me was how easy it seemed for West Ham.

Whether its confidence, tactics, lack of ability? I don't know. But boy did that game remind me of so many last season.

We have no width at all, we have no one who can consistently beat a defender and we were just so easy to defend against.

Once again Bent barely touched the ball and we didn't create one single good chance.

And then we rely on weimman, bannan and Gardner who are young unproven players to come off the bench and change the game.

We really were absolutely pathetic as an attacking side today.

Mantis you know I said all this before today's game. It is more or less the same squad and Lambert can not work miracles with players who are not good enough. The most worrying thing for me was how easy it seemed for West Ham.

Whether its confidence, tactics, lack of ability? I don't know. But boy did that game remind me of so many last season.

You're acting as if you've been proven right but it's only the first game. It's way too early to start judging yet. Let's wait and see where we are after a few games and after we've brought some more players in.