General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

What staff are going ?

We do have a silly amount though , nearly 600 ?

yes there are 600 but remember vast majority are only there match days, kiosks, bars, stewards, security, hospitality, waitresses etc. I believe it is about 12 full time staff going. Not sure who yet

You sure ? I'm sure i read we had almost 600 FT staff

Yes I am sure, I used to be one of them - match day that is ;)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transfer request handed in by Jarvis.

Who cares ?

Another bog average player quoted at a ridiculous price

9m ???

Do me a **** favour

5m absolute tops

Well he was mentioned several times in this thread yesterday so said I'd mention it, not that I want him here.

I'm a fan of Jarvis. I would rather have him over N'Zogbia to be honest...

N'Zogbia has more raw talent but Jarvis has a better attitude and works harder. I'd have them both! I do honestly think N'Zogbia (and Ireland) will have good seasons.

I'm a fan of Jarvis. I would rather have him over N'Zogbia to be honest...

you'd almost thing that Wolves players would rather play in the Prem than the Championship.

But if Wolves can raise over 22 million on two really average players who did little to keep them in the premiership in the first place, they must be laughing!

Sorry to sidetrack from the riveting Jarvis talk (btw, Jarvis will probably end up as Wet Spam, where the dildo brothers will overpay for him), but like I was talking about earlier with bringing Dempsey in, I thought about it more and he could be a great player for Lambert's system.

One of his main attributes is the ability to play in a variety of a attacking roles whether it be as a main striker, second striker, winger or AM. I thought it would work brilliantly if we had a system with say:

------------------------Bent-----------------------

--------N'Zog/Holman----------Dempsey-------

-----------------------Ireland---------------------

----Bannan/Gardner---------KEA----------------

Not only can Dempsey score the goals we are still lacking, IMO, he is also great in his build up play and could work better to get Bent into games. I think if Liverpool cool on him, which might be the case, because I see no reason this deal would not have been wrapped up a long time ago, we could offer him decent enough wages to tempt him to move here and pay a fee of around 5-8 million, which is decent for someone who scored 17 goals last season. Obvioulsy, it would come down to ambition as well, would he really be willing to go to a team that is realistically not going to give him CL football. But hey ho, here is my hoping. And I am sure wiggy agrees with me too! :D

Dempsey is unrealistic

Somewhat agree, but he is desperate for a move now and if interest tails off from Liverpool, a team like us could be tempting for him. Say we offer him 50/60k a week, would be a big rise from what I would assume he earns now at Fulham. And we have the pull of his mate Guzan at the club. :winkold:

I think we will be going with what we have got unfortunately. I just don't believe we have the money available to go out and sign the players that people are hoping for, or buying for the amount of positions they are hoping we sort out.

We're done for this summer. It's been fairly good though.

Seriously, you think?

I don't want to dampen the feel good factor of Lambert joining, but you have to admit IF we don't add any more faces this window, then it will have been a pretty shit set of transfers considering what we had hoped for/expected/need!

I'm not taking away from who we've brought in (I actually think that they are all good aquistions) but it's not enough - neither from a quantity nor quality point of view.

I think we will be fine with what we have. We're not going to win the league, nor are we going to be fighting for 4th... but we will be 'fine' this season.

Based on what PL has been saying, and what the players have said about the camp at the moment, i think we will be going with what we have. We have made another new signing this season - but no one has mentioned it yet... This season, we have 'Spirit' in the side... something we severely lacked last season.

Lets see how we get on and then improve next season after yet another transitional period has finished. It would be great to have a manager for more than one season.

Quite why people are saying we will be spending £8million+ on a player is ridiculous - we have no money.

Dempsey is unrealistic

Somewhat agree, but he is desperate for a move now and if interest tails off from Liverpool, a team like us could be tempting for him. Say we offer him 50/60k a week, would be a big rise from what I would assume he earns now at Fulham. And we have the pull of his mate Guzan at the club. :winkold:

He's going to want Champions League football. We cant offer him that.

Dempsey is unrealistic

He's going to want Champions League football. We cant offer him that.

I agree with the fact that in the past his stated ambition has been to get CL football and he has said that is where he would like his next move to take him. But in terms of it, just off the top of my head, the only team in England that might take him and have that to offer are Arsenal, because as we know Liverpool are definitely not guaranteed it at all. After that, I really do not see him moving beyond England. But hey, this is all really my opinion now, so I suppose we will just wait it out and see how it all progresses.

Sorry to sidetrack from the riveting Jarvis talk (btw, Jarvis will probably end up as Wet Spam, where the dildo brothers will overpay for him), but like I was talking about earlier with bringing Dempsey in, I thought about it more and he could be a great player for Lambert's system.

One of his main attributes is the ability to play in a variety of a attacking roles whether it be as a main striker, second striker, winger or AM. I thought it would work brilliantly if we had a system with say:

------------------------Bent-----------------------

--------N'Zog/Holman----------Dempsey-------

-----------------------Ireland---------------------

----Bannan/Gardner---------KEA----------------

Not only can Dempsey score the goals we are still lacking, IMO, he is also great in his build up play and could work better to get Bent into games. I think if Liverpool cool on him, which might be the case, because I see no reason this deal would not have been wrapped up a long time ago, we could offer him decent enough wages to tempt him to move here and pay a fee of around 5-8 million, which is decent for someone who scored 17 goals last season. Obvioulsy, it would come down to ambition as well, would he really be willing to go to a team that is realistically not going to give him CL football. But hey ho, here is my hoping. And I am sure wiggy agrees with me too! :D

have we ever at any point been linked with Dempsey?