TrentVilla

I'd probably go -

Given

Lichaj Vlaar © Baker Lowton

-------------KEA---------------

NZogbia-----Gardner----Holmann

-----------Ireland--------------

-------------Bent---------------

Yes I go with that. But unless he has a stormer I would switch Gardner for Herd against West Ham

Definitely wouldn't play Lowton at LB in his Prem debut

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably go -

Given

Lichaj Vlaar © Baker Lowton

-------------KEA---------------

NZogbia-----Gardner----Holmann

-----------Ireland--------------

-------------Bent---------------

Yes I go with that. But unless he has a stormer I would switch Gardner for Herd against West Ham

Definitely wouldn't play Lowton at LB in his Prem debut

Ive not seen him play so couldn't comment. Would you play him at all ? - Perhaps switch him and Lichaj ?

Lichaj did ok at LB last season (thats ok not fantastic)

It's southampton they've reported for the illegal approach, not us

Well perhaps we should make an illegal approach as well.

Matty if you fancy doubling your wages and playing in front of 40k every week give Lambert a call...................(he might know of a club)

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

You can't honestly believe Spurs didn't know how good Walker was and would be? Seriously? Even if they weren't sure they will have had an idea. It was never on.

Ridiculous series of posts. Some of you live on a different planet.

Instead of trying to be a clever dick, why dont you state the reasons against what we are saying??

They didn't want him, sent him on loan continously - he was expected to sign for us, but nobody expected him to play so well.

They sent him on loan to gain experience, experience we benefited from. You'd have to be a **** moron to not spot talent in Walker, it took me all of 20 minutes and I'm no Damien Comolli.

Who expected him to sign for us? You? I've never seen a single shred of evidence that a deal was ever on the cards. Why WOULDN'T we agree an option at the time of the loan if that was the case.

page 311 - when you catch up we'll carry on. :cheers:

Hmmm... not sure that reading page 311 proves anything, either way.

My opinion for whats its worth is that Spurs saw the potential in Walker, wanted him to get some decent experience which he did with us. Much as Walker loved his time with us (seemingly) and may even have wanted to sign for us it was never an option.

Instead they persuaded McLeish to part with good money for his old mucker Hutton who was their THIRD CHOICE right back. Oh and then we signed Sick Note (aka Jenas) on a no return loan deal.

Suffice to say Spurs saw us coming.

It's southampton they've reported for the illegal approach, not us

Well perhaps we should make an illegal approach as well.

Matty if you fancy doubling your wages and playing in front of 40k every week give Lambert a call...................(he might know of a club)

well i hope we are doing something

Lambert is no mug he is quite aware that the squad needs improving but this will not happen overnight,Villa will take time to re-build,Keep the Faith have some patience and back your team,I include myself in that!

We need to sign some more players as our squad is still short on quality. We will be in a relegation scrap this season with the current squad.

We need a LB, CB, DM, Winger and ST. With a DM the lowest priority.

We won't be as bad as last season,Lambert will sign players over the next 2 windows.Give him a chance folks.

We need to sign some more players as our squad is still short on quality. We will be in a relegation scrap this season with the current squad.

We need a LB, CB, DM, Winger and ST. With a DM the lowest priority.

We won't be as bad as last season,Lambert will sign players over the next 2 windows.Give him a chance folks.

Agreed! We will sign who Lambert see's fit too sign tbh! Will give any players that come in my full backing!

Looking at the squad for Werder Bremen fills me with hope we are in for both the full-backs and a striker as don't think he'd leave Warnock, Hutton and Delfouneso out if he wasn't close to replacements for them.

Even if they were left out because they're being sold (Or loaned possibly in Delfouneso) that in itself hopefully means replacement are coming in.

Hope I'm right :flag: