-------------KEA---------------

NZogbia-----Gardner----Holmann

-----------Ireland--------------

-------------Bent---------------

I seriously hope Lambert will be given the funds to bring in more players

Id say were at least 4 players short

A Striker, CB, LB, and a CM and i think we will be good

No loans please

Unless we have buy clauses in the contract i would rather us take a punt in the lower divisions or abroad for talent at a nominal fee instead of blooding Youngsters who are on the fringe of another PL outfit

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

You can't honestly believe Spurs didn't know how good Walker was and would be? Seriously? Even if they weren't sure they will have had an idea. It was never on.

Ridiculous series of posts. Some of you live on a different planet.

Instead of trying to be a clever dick, why dont you state the reasons against what we are saying??

They didn't want him, sent him on loan continously - he was expected to sign for us, but nobody expected him to play so well.

They sent him on loan to gain experience, experience we benefited from. You'd have to be a **** moron to not spot talent in Walker, it took me all of 20 minutes and I'm no Damien Comolli.

Who expected him to sign for us? You? I've never seen a single shred of evidence that a deal was ever on the cards. Why WOULDN'T we agree an option at the time of the loan if that was the case.

page 311 - when you catch up we'll carry on. :cheers:

A striker (loan okay but we need them now with Gabby out), LB, Winger are the bare bone essentials for me. Another CB and DCM would be great but as optimistic as I am I don't see that happening.

The striker formula has to be atleast 3 experienced players and one academy kid or more. The though of just Weimann and Fonz if Bent gets hurt sort of scares me :shock:

A striker (loan okay but we need them now with Gabby out), LB, Winger are the bare bone essentials for me. Another CB and DCM would be great but as optimistic as I am I don't see that happening.

The striker formula has to be atleast 3 experienced players and one academy kid or more. The though of just Weimann and Fonz if Bent gets hurt sort of scares me :shock:

Yep think the same - I've got real faith at the minute. Big belief that Randy and Paul want what we want, and big belief that the manager we have is too smart to have come here and not have it set in stone that he can significantly add more to the squad that we currently have, and that includes his own recent signings.

If not, I've fallen for the new PR from the club hook, line and sinker.

You can forget the Adam Johnsons of this world

The strategy has clearly changed and we can expect a few more unknows, or unpolished gems hopefully

More than happy to risk going down this route

There really isn't another option commercially

And you know this for a fact?

Tescos?

If Warnock, Hutton and Delf are being left out of the squad for Germany then you have to believe that we are making three new signings, there is no way we can afford to have highly paid players frozen out from an already paper thin squad.

Well, hold on fella, they're only being left out an 18 man friendly. I'd be happy to see those 3 gone though.

I'd probably go -

Given

Lichaj Vlaar © Baker Lowton

-------------KEA---------------

NZogbia-----Gardner----Holmann

-----------Ireland--------------

-------------Bent---------------

Yes I go with that. But unless he has a stormer I would switch Gardner for Herd against West Ham

..............an unamed club has made an illegal approach for Matt Phillips .......and Holloway is going to report them.................

...So hes going somewhere then .....

As much as we are known for being very professional - why do I get the feeling that this is us?

..............an unamed club has made an illegal approach for Matt Phillips .......and Holloway is going to report them.................

As much as we are known for being very professional - why do I get the feeling that this is us?

I think its us - and I think we will get him..............In the current climate I believe this is a close to Marque signing as we will get.

We do tap people up though, look at the Bent deal, even 'gulp' mcleish and Paul Lambert.

Somehow manage to keep our good rep.